It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill, What did u do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
All day today the download site for openoffice 2.0 has been down.
I wanted/needed to download it for a friend and have tried 5 times durning the day.
Maybe Mr. Gates is taking the fight to Sun directly?
How dare they give away for free what he charges $400 for.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Nah! If ever Bill tried to denial-of-service attack a competitor website, his tool would unexpectedly start eating all his virtual memory and crash his own computer. Bill is a weird dude. I blame Bush!

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Instead of clicking on the links on the main page, go to the download page.

download.openoffice.org...

Works fine for me if you click stable version, then put in your user info, like language, OS and Download server.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Ufia, I was just kidding-more or less-about gates actually taking down that site.

Kal, I did that, But u see, I want the 2.0 version not 1.4 version. In the past I have downloaded 2.0 and found it to be completly stable and the look and feel was just like office, oh, except for the $400 price tag for a fukk version of M$ Office.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the rumors of Sun (makers of Open Office) and Google combining to make an office suite that actually is better than M$ Office. Further, the rumor said it might be a web based suite that u log into.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
mrmonsoon, I know, I was kidding too. The "I blame Bush" part is a cliche, poking fun at people accusing him for anything bad happening in this world.

I hope they are not really turning Open Office into a web based suite, that would suck if you want to edit a document on a non-networked laptop.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Remember, Only Bush can prevent Forest Fires....

Do what I said before, but click the source file instead

new topics

top topics

join