It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Hessdalen

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Project Hessdalen

www.itacomm.net...

Mysterious lights have been seen flying around in the Hessdalen valley for over 100 years.
The intensity of their appearance made a peak in the period of 1982-1985. Lights were
seen daily in this period, and the Hessdalen lights became a world known tourist
attraction. No scientific investigation was done until Dr. Erling Strand and his team
created “Project Hessdalen” in 1983. During a four week long winter mission in 1984,
important data was obtained. Results from this campaign were significant, 53 observations
was classified as the Hessdalen phenomena.

In the winter of 1994, 28 researchers from all over the world met in Hessdalen to the first
scientific congress about the Hessdalen phenomena. Professor Boris Smirnov, nominee
for the Nobel price, and Dr. David Fryberger from Stanford linear accelerator center,
SLAC, were of the opinion that the Hessdalen phenomena can’t be explained by today’s
main stream physics, and that further investigation of the phenomena could lead to new
concepts in physics.

Project Hessdalen - Automatic Measurement Station (AMS) also known as the " Blue Box" takes measurements and pictures when triggered by the sensors and sends alerts and pictures to researchers via the net in real time.

hessdalen.hiof.no...

Hessdalen AMS consists of two computers, one black-and-white CCD-camera, one video-recorder and one magnetometer. The camera is connected to a computer and to the video-recorder. The computer analyses the pictures from the CCD-camera every second. If there is a sudden change in the picture, compared with the previous picture, an alarm will be triggered. That alarm will start the video-recorder running for at least 15 seconds. Just after the computer has started the video-recorder, the picture is sent directly to the Internet, at address: www.hessdalen.org...

This system generates a lot of false alarms, but it also receives interesting alarms. During the period from August 1998 to January 2000, 70 interesting pictures, showing the phenomena, were collected.

The Hessdalen Project has been nothing short of a resounding success. Proving conclusively that "unknown objects " are present in the Earths atmosphere , and can be scientifically measured. The research and the Data collected are available on-line.

Description of the Phenomena.

hessdalen.hiof.no...
The phenomena can be divided in these categories:

1 - White, or blue-white flashing light. They are usually high up in the air, close to the to of the mountains or even higher. Their living time is usually short, typical some seconds. Sometimes they have been seen for a minute, but seldom any longer time. The picture on the right is taken with a long exposure time. During that time has the light flashed several times while it is moving. The camera has been on a tripod.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 - A yellow light, with a red light on the top. This red light can be flashing. The picture on the right is taken with a long exposure time. During that time has the light moved, and one red flash happened during this period. When the light is moving during the exposure time, you will see it as a yellow line on the picture. It is also possible to see that the yellow light is not constant in intensity. The camera has been on a tripod.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 - A yellow or white light. This is the most common description of the Hessdalen Phenomena. This light can stand still for more than an hour. It can move around slowly down in the valley, stop sometimes for minutes, start moving again. The shape is often round as a ball. Sometimes there are other shapes.

4 - A black "object" with light on. This has been reported several times in Hessdalen. To the right you can see a picture of such a phenomena. It was Leif Havik who took the picture in Hessdalen on the 18.Mars 1982. It shows three lights on this "black object". To the left for that picture you can see a drawing made by one observer of a similar phenomena in Hessdalen. A "object" with a light on each end. The four pictures from the left is taken from a film recorded in Hungary around 1990. It shows a light with a black area on, which is moving around on the light. In one part of the film is this black area covering nearly the whole light, and then is it a black "object". It is shown here for illustration, even if it is not recorded in Hessdalen, because it is something similar as described of these phenomena in Hessdalen. You can see the film here, a 3 Mbyte-avi or a 44 Mbyte-avi version. The speed of this film is half of the original. The moving speed of this phenomena is then two times more than what you see on that film.

The Hessdalen AMS "Blue Box">>

[edit on 11-10-2005 by lost_shaman]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Hessdalen - Pictures of the phenomena

www.hessdalen.org...
www.hessdalen.org...
www.hessdalen.org...
www.hessdalen.org...
www.hessdalen.org...
www.hessdalen.org...

www.hessdalen.org... -- Hessdalen - Short films

www.hessdalen.org... -- Project Hessdalen - Articles and Reports

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I've known about the Hessdalen project for a long time now, but really it doesn't tickle my funny bone that much. Sure, I'd like to go there and see it some day, but it feels like now maybe it's toned down some.

Also, I live not far from there!

The blue spot is me where I'm at, and the red circled area is where in Sweden the most UFO activity is reported. Oh, and please excuse my HORRIBLE paint skills.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Excellent post lost_shaman, this is an interesting phenomenon. I think it is amazing that it occurs so often in one place. This is definitely a good place to study it. They have several cameras and sensors including radar to take measurements. The project is now running out of Østfold University College, and students spend time reporting on the observations.

They say the lights can stay around up to an hour, moving around. I think that is significant because most earthlights don't last that long.

I was interested in seeing some statistics on reports but could not find any, so I made a chart on the reported observations. Drexon is right, the sightings have been slowing, and have only had 3 this year.

But you can see they had slow years in the past, and then it picks up again. There was no data for 1999, so I left it a zero. I'm sure it goes in cycles. I would also be interested if there is increased seismic activity during that time.

There is a lot of info there in the reports, and it’s very technical. For people who are serious about researching this subject, pay attention, this is how you do it.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

But you can see they had slow years in the past, and then it picks up again. There was no data for 1999, so I left it a zero. I'm sure it goes in cycles. I would also be interested if there is increased seismic activity during that time.

Hal9000,

Thanks for the Graph!

Here in the tech report they mention that there is no local seismic activity in Hessdalen.

hessdalen.hiof.no...

3.3 The seismograph.
The seismograph was installed on 24 October 1983. We have not recorded any local seismic activity. All recordings on the seismograph was from earthquakes, or movements in the ground, with epicenters long away from Hessdalen.
The sensitivity we obtained with this installation was 1.5 on the Richter scale.

The Hessdalen area is not well covered from other seismological stations. In Norway, the nearest station to the south is Hamar, to the west Florø, to the north Tromsø. There has to be a quake with greater amplitude than 2.5 on the Richter scale in the Hessdalen area, to be detected on one of the nearest stations.

Inside a radius of 70 km from Hessdalen, there have been detected four quakes, all small in amplitude, during the last 6 years. Inside a radius of 50 km, there have been 15 recordings, during the last 100 years. Even though the area hasn'y got any good cover, one can say that there is very little seismological activity, compared to other areas in Norway.

Until now, we have not found any connection between the phenomenon and movements in the ground.

Details of the recordings on the seismograph (from quakes in other parts of the world), and a list of seismological activity from 1887, within 50 km from Hessdalen, will be found in the appendix.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Excellent find. Nothing else to contribute at the moment as I need to
review your links. Wonder how much of their effort would be applicable
to the Marfa Lights ?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I'm thinking highly applicable to the Marfa Lights.

Maybe if someone could argue that success in Hessdalen might also equal success in Marfa ,Tx maybe someone would Pay for it like Paul Allen or any other "Angel" you could find.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hessedalen is only light-balls, everyone from Norway knows about it, no sausers and aliens saydly
(

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Care to explain that a little further?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Drexon
The blue spot is me where I'm at, and the red circled area is where in Sweden the most UFO activity is reported. Oh, and please excuse my HORRIBLE paint skills.

Cool, I'm also from Sweden

Where exactly are you, I'm in Umeå?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Holy crap, I'm in Umeå too. Small world.
ICQ me will ya? ICQ: 92518363

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by anorwegianguy1972
Hessedalen is only light-balls, everyone from Norway knows about it, no sausers and aliens saydly
(

The Hessedalen phenomenon falls into the category of Earthlights, which is one aspect of the UFO realm, because they are unidentified. Most believe they are caused by a natural tectonic activity, and not extraterrestrial. But then what where those foo fighters back in WW2? They are also BOL's but showed intelligent movement. I think the reaction from when a laser was pointed at the objects is interesting.

We used the laser, and pointed it towards a flashing light, in two different cases, totally 9 times. 8 of these times, there was a reaction.

In the first case, there was a regular flashing light, slowly moving towards north, on Sunday 12 February at 7.35 pm. The flashing had been regular all the time we had seen the light. The light moved slowly. From the first time we saw it in the south, until it disappeared in the north, it took about 15 minutes. When this light was in the northern part of Finns†h›gda, we pointed the laser towards it for the first time. At once, it changed the flashing sequence: From a regular flashing light, it became a regular double-flashing light: Flash.Flash.......Flash.Flash.......Flash.Flash....... After about 10 seconds, we put the laser down, at once it became a regular single-flashing light again: Flash......Flash......Flash...... After about 10 seconds we repeated this again. It was repeated totally 4 times before it went out of sight. All the times, we got this double-flashing, when the laser was pointing at it.

www.hessdalen.org...

Though it is probably not alien, but still interesting.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by anorwegianguy1972
(

Hessdalen is more than just balls of light. What about the larger objects registered on RADAR as solid objects that were not visible in the visible spectrum? Apparently these invisible objects had the ability to collect the balls of light or expel them.

Very similar to the reports of Operation Prato that documented balls of light entering and leaving larger UFOs.

What about the day time sightings of objects? They were not lights.

Earth-lights are likely not the explanation for the Hessdalen Phenomena either , no local seismic activity has been recorded in Hessdalen.

The Earth-light theory relies heavily on seismic activity in an attempt to link the Lights seen to local seismic activity , either the theory fails or Hessdalen is not Earth-lights.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Might be things they pick up with radar and such, but all the pictures they have come up with show light balls. I just dont find Hessedalen exiting anymore.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman
Here in the tech report they mention that there is no local seismic activity in Hessdalen.

Thanks, I had not read that whole report yet. Appearantly they are not connected.

Hessdalen is more than just balls of light. What about the larger objects registered on RADAR as solid objects that were not visible in the visible spectrum? Apparently these invisible objects had the ability to collect the balls of light or expel them.

Was this description in the 1984 report, or is there more somewhere else? So far this is all I found.

Totally, we have 36 radar recordings. Three of those were probably also seen as lights. All the others were not observed visually. Nine times we could follow this reflection on the radar screen, travelling on a nearly straight line. We have taken pictures out in the air, where the radar screen said there was something. But the pictures didn't show anything unusual.

Most recordings were done on 2, 3 and 4 February. More details in the appendix.

Two times we managed to take a picture of such a reflection. As you can see in the picture (figs. A9 and A10 in the appendix), this reflection is as strong as the reflections from the mountains. Such a strong reflection can be caused by a solid object, a strong gradient of for instance temperature, humidity or pressure. The picture is analysed by a radar expert at NDRE, and he said: "If this isn't a reflection of a solid object, but only gas in the air, the gas has to be locally and strongly ionised. Otherwise, it wouldn't give such a strong reflection".

www.hessdalen.org...

If you have found more about it, can you provide a link?

BTW, in the descriptions, category #4 of the daytime object in the film from Hungary, looks just like the object filmed during the Mexico City eclipse.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Hello

We used the laser, and pointed it towards a flashing light, in two different cases, totally 9 times. 8 of these times, there was a reaction.

In the first case, there was a regular flashing light, slowly moving towards north, on Sunday 12 February at 7.35 pm. The flashing had been regular all the time we had seen the light. The light moved slowly. From the first time we saw it in the south, until it disappeared in the north, it took about 15 minutes. When this light was in the northern part of Finns†h›gda, we pointed the laser towards it for the first time. At once, it changed the flashing sequence: From a regular flashing light, it became a regular double-flashing light: Flash.Flash.......Flash.Flash.......Flash.Flash....... After about 10 seconds, we put the laser down, at once it became a regular single-flashing light again: Flash......Flash......Flash...... After about 10 seconds we repeated this again. It was repeated totally 4 times before it went out of sight. All the times, we got this double-flashing, when the laser was pointing at it.

www.hessdalen.org...

Though it is probably not alien, but still interesting.

Could it be some form of INTELLIGENCE behind this reaction ? I believe it could.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Was this description in the 1984 report, or is there more somewhere else?

www.hessdalen.org... --- See the Registrations from RADAR in the Appendix here.

hessdalen.hiof.no...

21st January 1984 to 26th February 1984 field investigations ----- A radar measured the distance and speed of the phenomena. The highest speed recorded was of a light travelling towards north at a speed of 30,000 km/h. The radar also captured the phenomena, when they were invisible to the human eye.

BTW, in the descriptions, category #4 of the daytime object in the film from Hungary, looks just like the object filmed during the Mexico City eclipse.

Read this from the link in quotes.

Objects were also seen in the daytime. Sometimes a black, oval or rectangular shaped object, sometimes a cigar-shaped object and sometimes a disc-shaped object.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Musclor
Could it be some form of INTELLIGENCE behind this reaction ? I believe it could.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at, I guess I should have elaborated. Although just changing the flashing sequence may not be enough to indicate intelligence, other reports also describe objects changing direction and stopping then moving again. If there is some intelligence behind it, the next step would be to determine what level of intelligence.

One other thing I would try with the laser is to see if it goes through the object, or not. This could indicate if it is a solid object or not. I don't know if it is possible, because you can't see the laser unless it passes through a mist, or it would have to be detected by a sensor on the other side. Given the lights can appear anywhere it would be difficult.

Thanks for the links lost_shaman, I will read them later.

I just wonder what it is about the location why they appear there so often. Is there a convergence of some kind? Has anyone looked into fault lines or Ley lines in that area?

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Interesting case from the Triangle project in Hessdalen, Norway, 1997.

Observation report

Pictures

IRIS processing of image 22:

Both the isophotal (surface light distribution) and the 3D (point spread function) shows that this is probably not a plasma, but a solid object.

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Very interesting film from Drivdalen (next to Hessdalen) Norway, from 2001:

www.blip.tv...

It's a long footage, but please watch it to the end.

A short version of this movie has been available from the Hessdalen homepage since 2001, but this seems to be the uncut version.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join