It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Bush The Anti-Christ? (from ATSNN)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Megan Schulz, a journalism major at Colorado State, ponders the question if Bush is the Anti-christ based on his actions and numerology. She concludes that she would have to research the claim a lot more, before she became a "true believer".

www.collegian.com
I have a dear friend who strongly believes President Bush is the anti-Christ and the recent natural disasters and hurricanes are signs of the impending apocalypse. When she mentioned that she was considering stocking up on canned goods and weapons to be prepared, I laughed aloud and resisted the urge to label her as a lunatic. Instead, I Googled her bold claim and discovered many other people believe the same thing. I found a particularly interesting Web site that connects Bush in numerous ways to "666" or the mark of the devil.

If Bush were as religious and Christ-loving as he claims to be, he probably wouldn't have done many of the things he has. He probably wouldn't even be president at all. For me, the general take-away message of the Bible is to love your neighbor and dedicate yourself to God. A rich, power-hungry, war-endorsing politician doesn't exactly fit the bill.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Is there's a severe mental sickness in society when people actually deem it necessary to raise these questions, and then spend the time in researching it? Do people really feel so much hate in them or directed at them to project these labels?

It seems such a ridiculous question, but many young adults and college kids are thinking that the answer is, "Yes, Bush is the Anti-christ."

These type of shirts are big sellers on campus

Related News Links:

www.covenantnews.com
isbushantichrist.blogspot.com
www.bushisantichrist.com

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I can understand why people might speculate and make comparisons, probably not all justified but nevertheless it is quite ridiculous to claim that one may guess or somehow know who the Anti-christ is/will be.

According to the scriptures, NOBODY will know who he is, and I could be wrong, as I am early in my studies, but I thought I read that he will come from the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That's a bit of an insult to the Antichrist!

An Antichrist perhaps, but not the Antichrist... (An Antichrist, in that he displayes characteristics that are exactly opposite of those that are supposed to describe a Christ consciousness...

Many also believe, myself included, that Bush is far too simple minded to actually be the biblical Antichrist.

The biblical Antichrist is supposed to be charming, well-spoken and charismatic. Not exactly a perfect match. He's far from being an eloquent speaker, and he's only managed to charm about half of America, much less a majority of the whole world.

The closest quote that comes to lining up the Antichrist with Bush is something to the effect of "In the name of peace, he shall destroy many."

Well, if it were just that one quote we had to go by I might be inclined to agree that Bush is the Antichrist, but there are a lot more puzzle pieces that don't fit.

Not to mention, everytime a public figure rises who irks at least two people during their career, they are rumored to be the Antichrist. Hitler, a Pope or two, Ronald Regan...

I'd be more inclined to believe the other public figure who's name seems to be mentioned in conjunction with the Antichrist lately, you know, that Governator fellow, is one to watch... >

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I agree with you totally Lucy. Bush may work for the antichrist, but I think the true antichrist would have a better command of the language...at least. Bush is an insult to the human race, much less anything supernatural

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There's another thread about the term "THE antichrist" and the truth is that it never appears in the King James Version of the bible. Some of the new versions have added the THE in, but the idea of one person being THE antichrist isn't really covered in the bible.

Here are the 4 places it shows up:

1 John 2:18 - Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists ; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22 - Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 - And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7 - For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

So, I'm thinking there isn't one Antichrist, instead it's a state of being, or one of many in the group of people who do not believe or deny Jesus.

So, I don't think Bush is "the Antichrist", but I do have serious doubts about the beliefs he espouses.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Thank you for those references Benevolent, that is pretty much how it was explained to me by a very spiritual person who has read the KJV of the bible many times, anti christ is not so much of a title but a term to explain the nature of the person, anti - christ, the opposite of Christ, he does anything he can to go against good.

I'll have to ask my friend to clarify on the whole thing, I know he said there will be individuals that are given special power from Satan to decieve everyone into thinking he/she is good....perhaps I'm thinking more along the lines of the false prophet or the beast.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 05:49 PM
link   
My simple answer is, no. I am not a religious persons, I don't hold what some average Joe wrote as something that will come true. So I don't believe in this anti Christ or apocalypse stuff.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Bush is the perfect Anti Christ he seems so stupid no one would believe it. He is a great deceiver as the Anti Christ is supposed to be. He has all kinds of false prophets on TV preaching about how great he is. That fits the bill. He is surrounded by corruption and unfathomable appetites for greed. Everything he says glorifies Christ yet his actions do the opposite. Even demons had no problem admitting Jesus was the savior and son of god. The rapture theory was once considered heresy now since the new evangelical Christianity has risen it’s accepted. The only true church of Christ is the Catholic Church which is under attack by satanic child molesters. . It does say Christ church will be under attack doesn’t it? The evangelical’s have their followers brainwashed into thinking Catholics are going to hell which in all actuality they are going to hell for believing in a false doctrine. That’s right Pentecostals, Baptists etc your all going to hell for following the new perverted Christianity your own bible warns you not to be deceived by. Bush fit’s the bill perfectly, I’m just pissed the right wing Jesus nuts weren’t raptured.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   
*ding ding ding*
And the award for blowing away the entirety of 1,800+ years of scholarly, academia, and theological dissertations, articles, and writings on the determining of the anti-christ goes to.......DiRtYDeViL!

Between your lack of theological sense and understanding, not knowing what the true Church of Christ is, and your sheer hatred for a man named George Walker Bush, you have exposed your own make believe anti-christ.

Congratulations.

seekerof

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Im really, REALLY tempted to go off on a rant here.

You are being terribly silly here and I hope your all joking. You may think he is not a good president, but this is just silly...utter nonsense.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well see Seekerof when you’re burning in hell for supporting the Anti Christ!! BTW I’ll see you there but for entirely different reasons.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Thanks, I appreciate that thought.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
If Buddhism does not believe that Jesus is the son of God, then all Buddhists are antichrist. If any religion does not also believe this, they too are antichrist. If a person believes themselves to be pagan, they have become antichrist. Antichrist seems legion by all accounts, doesn't it?
In fact, if you aren't Christian, then you are antichrist.

(IMO)

It seems that Bush is a devout Christian. He regularly goes to church, endorses policies which slip Christian ideology into schools, businesses and even the highest circles of American politics. He is seen to be working very hard at promoting Christianity throughout America.

I don't criticize him for that, even though I don't like the idea of politics and religion mixing it up. These are his beliefs, he is the President and leader of the United States, and should be allowed to wear his faith on his sleeves. It is the people of the United States to which he is responsible and it is up to them to stem or channel his efforts at 'Christianizing America'.

The worst type of antichrist in the world is not among the billions of people of other faiths in this world. They are what they seem to be...Pagans, Muslims, Jews, Pantheists, devotees of the Great pumpkin and so on. They also wear their religion openly. Good for them...

It is the wolf in sheeps clothing who is the greatest danger. The one who is a destroyer while promoting peace. A liar and deceiver who would sacrifice his or her belief for personal gain, profiteering from death and misery...that is truly antichrist.

Do I think Bush fits the bill (?), I don't think so. Not yet, anyways. We'll see what the next three years bring.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by masqua]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Bibilical scholars have determined that the real number given to represent the Devil/Anti-christ/The Beast/ etc... in the original text of the bible is not 666. It is actually 616. 666 is a mistranslation of the original text. So any crack pot theories using 666 as it's basis are wrong.

Secondly, It's absurd to think Bush is the Anti-Christ when it is so blatanly obvious that Dick Cheny is!

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Delta 38]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
Im really, REALLY tempted to go off on a rant here.

You are being terribly silly here and I hope your all joking. You may think he is not a good president, but this is just silly...utter nonsense.

That it may be nuts to throw about labels to get a reaction, but the future generation tends to think this way...and that's my concern to why they feel this much hate? And now your tempting to react is what I am getting at...hate promotion begats more of it.

How's that saying go, sixty-four thousand repetitions make one truth?

Love, Peace and Flower power, so much for that.
The new mantra of the age is Attack , Hate and Blame!

See what I am getting at yet?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Hes accusing the President of being the anti-christ....

Need I say more?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
It is the wolf in sheeps clothing who is the greatest danger. The one who is a destroyer while promoting peace. A liar and deceiver who would sacrifice his or her belief for personal gain, profiteering from death and misery...that is truly antichrist.

You do realize that you've perfectly described "W" there, don't you?

He's quite the sheep with is ever present grin and his "great command" of the english language, quite disarming and seemingly harmless.

Yet in his fervor for war we see the "wolf".

"wolf in sheeps clothing"- check

He has destroyed Afghanistan, Iraq, and many of our civil liberties all in the name of peace; and the war machine hasn't stopped yet cuz it looks like Iran and Syria are next, again in the name of "peace".

"one who is a destroyer while promoting peace"- check

He lied about Iraq and went on a "unchristian like" military killing spree in which his his family is proffiting greatly from death with their defense contractor holdings (such as Bradley troop transports through the Carlyle Group).

Not to mention the bible promotes forgiveness and that all life is sacred yet as governor of Texas he set all time records for capitol punishment killings.

"A liar and deceiver who would sacrifice his or her belief for personal gain, profiteering from death and misery."- check

I'm not saying he is the Antichrist, but if I were to use your definition I'd definately agree and have to say that he is.

[edit on 10/11/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
Hes accusing the President of being the anti-christ....

Need I say more?

That's the principle reason to project false accusations.
It is to perpetuate more hate.

When everyone is labeled some form of super nazi evil anti-christ minions of hell, and everyone reacts to it with hate and vengeance....then may the nukes fly and vaporize billions to molten slag, maybe people will finally get it.

Kill it all party coming soon to a thermo nuclear dance near you.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Kill it all party coming soon to a thermo nuclear dance near you.

ROFLMFAO

Seriously, I just sprayed Mt. Dew all over my comp when I read that one.

can I use that in my sig?

[edit on 10/11/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
When everyone is labeled some form of super nazi evil anti-christ minions of hell, and everyone reacts to it with hate and vengeance....then may the nukes fly and vaporize billions to molten slag, maybe people will finally get it.

I doubt it.

They'll probably be to pissed off to think that clearly.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join