It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Now support Interacial Dating

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I have a BIG problem with interracial dating. Interracial dating IS illegal, and I believe there are very good health-related reasons for this.

Keep it within the human race people. This is the one thing that the Pope, Jerry Falwell, myself, and even Osama Bin Laden would all agree on when it comes to ethics. (Well... maybe not Osama, but only when it gets REALLY cold, because camels have such warm fur... and even he'd probably never do it with a swine.)

You have voted The Vagabond for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Hear Hear!!

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
My prejudices are pretty weird arent they

Not really, and most of us have some to a certain degree. But I can respect a person (like you) who can say right out that they have prejudices and recognize them as such. I have more of an issue with someone who says that they would never marry outside their race, but insist that they're not racist.

That's ignorance, in my opinion. Ignorance and denial of themselves and their own prejudices.

Originally posted by crusader
Can someone explain to me how is it that I am racist (as a young black male) By wanting to marry my own race? Or to put to the fact how is it racist that a young white male want to marry his own kind?

Yeah I agree there are hotties of every race, but I prefer my kind. Just like any odinary white male will prefer his own women.

You're speaking for white men as though you know what 'they' as a group think! You do not. Categorizing 'white males' and saying what they prefer, speaking for them is a racist statement. Do you see that?

It's the same as saying any ordinary black man is 'good at sports' or is 'a good dancer' or 'has a criminal mind'. That's racist, hon.

I don't hate you for it, but you may want to condsider owning it instead of denying it.

Originally posted by nathraq
For me, the choice is personal. For you, it may be a different reason whether you would like to or not.

I agree with this. Whether or not one is 'racist' depends on the reason he chooses not to marry within his race.

After all, we all have preferences. If a white man prefers blonde women with blue eyes, just finds himself attracted to them, but one day meets a black woman that he falls in love with and wants to spend the rest of his life with...

-If he refuses to marry her because she's black, he's racist.
-If he won't even consider dating a black woman because she's black, or outside his race, he's racist.
-If he just never finds himself interested in black women because his preferences for light colored women are so strong, he's not necessarily racist, he just has strong physical preferences.
-If he met a woman who had blonde hair, fair skin and blue eyes and found out one or both of her parents are black, but it didn't matter to him, he's not racist.
-If he breaks up with this fair-skinned black woman because she's black, he's racist.

If the decision is based on race, it's racist.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   

If he just never finds himself interested in black women because his preferences for light colored women are so strong, he's not necessarily racist, he just has strong physical preferences.

Right, well same here for me, I just never will find myself intrested in a white woman, because my prefrence for black women is very strong indeed.

And here's another reason why, interacial dating, will never solve, racial tension, cause there still exist inequalities,

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Right, well same here for me, I just never will find myself intrested in a white woman, because my prefrence for black women is very strong indeed.

Sorry, crusader, the statements you have made previously in this thread simply do not reflect a matter of personal preference. It’s too late to say that your physical preference is what you were talking about all along. The following statements reflect a deep and entrenched racism.

You don’t have to acknowledge it or admit it or even deny it. But it's pretty clear to me where your 'preferences' are originating.

I never said I am against Interacial Dating , just the aspects of intermarrying between Whites and Blacks

it's essential that evry race keep to it's own to maintain thsi identity..

I am not saying that women of other races aren't bombshells, but when it comes to settling down and reproduction...

Take my word of advice do the Human race a favour:

Reproduce with your own Kind...!

Hell yeah, there are many cute, blondies, and whatever, but i will never marry, or will i see myself in a relationship, with a caucasian woman..

I like women of diffrent colours, and nationalities, when i see a goodlooking woman of any race, i must gawk at her, But when it comes to settling down, I must reproduce with my own kind. so, it will continue..

My preferences are tinged on Black and asian, and arab women, But when it comes to dating, i will turn to my black sistas.

when was the last time you seen a cat mated with a dog? Forget all that trash of interacial dating, and all that crap.. there are going to be problems, double ina inter racial marriage.

anyway my point is, you need to keep to one's own clan.

Anyways, I want my children to llok like me, not a hybrid.

I understand that there is bigotry, prejudice and racism in the world, but your adamant denial is what's keeping racism alive. For racism to truly die, you must acknowledge that you are racist. And go from there. But like an alcoholic who claims not to have a problem, you are in denial.

Don't worry, there are no plans for an intervention that I know of.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

You don’t have to acknowledge it or admit it or even deny it. But it's pretty clear to me where your 'preferences' are originating.

And my preferences are stemmed from what racism, you say? you gotta be crazy.! I made sure, in my previous threads, what my position is, and what my preferences, are, you reposting my quote, which says, i have preferences for arab, indian, asian women , black women whatever, but I will strongly prefer to settle, and date within my race, is no proof I am racist. By me omitting white women, doesn't mean i have deep historical deep rooted racism in me.

Look, I don't lchoose to be with them , cause It's my choice, I also, don't want to be with them, cause I also don't want to be another statastic, in the black man going for white Rebecca dating game. There, i give you too additional reasons. ! Another thing, too all my black brothers out there, do the honourable thing, and date your own.. We need to fix our social problems as blacks, (without blaming others) and move ahead in life

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I also don't want to be another statastic, in the black man going for white Rebecca dating game.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with you dating in your race, do what you do, this is a free country reason be damned. But, this statement seems like you take the lil jokes about black men/white women too seriously. That stuff aint true--tis garbage. Maybe Rebecca is Tyrone's soul mate and they aren't playing any games about that. No one can reach into Tyrone's mind or Rebecca's for that matter to find out exactly why they fell in love and had a thousand lil pixie-mixies. Plus, most black men aint even faithful...so Rebecca is prolly sharing her man with Lucy, Buffy, Tawana, Maria, Ling, and Ebony too.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

if i am attracted to ONLY my race, then so be it. Actually I don't agree with this new FAD,

A fad? People dating and falling in love is a fad??? Preposterous. The fact that more peopel are more accepting of interracial dating merely shows that there is less racism. The only 'variable' in interracial dating is race, thats why its called 'inter-racial' dating.

called it want you want. I am not doing that , call me racist

You keep telling people to do just that, but when they do, you get upset. *shrug* You are stating that you will base your decision on whether or not to get inovlved with a person on race, if there aren't a particular race, then anything about them as an individual for you is irrelevant and they are not datable. Your decision is only based on race in that respect, ie you are being racist. I can understand if you just happened to merely have not seen or interacted or met anyone of another race that you found attractive and interesting enough to date, but thats not what you are saying. You are saying that you will not ever date anyone from another race. If your wife's personality and characteristics were in the body of a different race, she'd be anathema to you. Thats racist. Thats what racism is, basing how you view other people upon their race, rather than them as an individual.

Actually less than 1% of humans actually marry outside the clan

I don't know where you are getting these made up statistics from. Hell, this thread started because of an actual poll that showed that 95 percent of the younger generation is cool with it, where is the poll that shows that only 1 percent do it?

Humans naturally go after their kind. Period.

Rather, the opposite is true, one merely need to look at the rates of gene flow between interbreeding populations to see this. True enough, in, say, europe, in the not so distant past, people didn't go outside of their town or village to marry, but hell, those are the days when marriages were arranged and even then that limit was geographic as much as anything.

I think there's a specific passage bible which says something of the effect, it's forbidden to intermarry

The bible says no such thing.

Crusader, its obviously not about personal preferences with you, you wouldn't need to make up biblical support for it if thats all it was about. What you are saying is like saying 'i'd never date a brunette, its just not my preference'. That doesn't even make anysense. You are saying that you won't date based on race, why state its something other than racist? Its insane to say that its merely personal preference, you haven't met everyone of another race to make that determiniation. If it was merely personal prefference, then you'd simply be saying 'i tend to prefer black chicks, in fact i've never met a white chick that i was really attracted to'. But thats not what you are saying, you are saying, before hand, that you'll never date a woman from another race. Thats racist. I'd never date outside of my species, I'm a speciesist. I'd never date within my own sex, I'm a sexist. Er, wait, wha...

i have preferences for arab, indian, asian women , black women whatever, but I will strongly prefer to settle, and date within my race, is no proof I am racist.

The fact that its one race that you won't even consider is what makes the whole thing smack of utter racism. You previously cited that you wanted your race to keep existing, but that had nothing to do with it, because you considered that other races were indeed just as good, just not one race in particular, the same one that 'just happened' to be the one that enslaved your ancestors that you didn't want to 'offend'. Your position is simply racist, and indeed, its not based on any biological concerns, its completely sociological and cultural.

in the black man going for white Rebecca dating game

Why do you only see race relations in terms of social and cultural ideas like a 'game', where the two races clash and compete? Isn't it perhaps possible that 'tyrone' as shaione points out merely likes Rebecca? I mean, that doesn't enter your head at all? If you are thinking about dating a woman, you think about sociological power stuggles and paranoia rather than the person? I thought you said it was merely personal phsyical preferences?

all my black brothers out there, do the honourable thing, and date your own..

Unbeleivable. After all that about it beign about preferences and not about race, you urge the members of a race to date within the race, regardless of preference. No one should feel inclined to listen to your 'suggestions', they are baseless and racist.

My prejudices are pretty weird arent they

Well, at least you'll admit that you're a racist.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

orionthehunter
ut they would have to look stunningly pretty for me to be physically attracted to them.

So you're saying that you'll mess with an unattractive member of your own race, rather than a more attractive member of another race??
How about forgetting the ugly chicks and just going out with the good lookin' women??

I don't recall ever stating that I date ugly chicks. There has to be a physical attraction for me or something else pretty darn strong to override that. If someone wants to start thinking anyone who discriminates is racist based on physical features of who they are attracted to, I believe they are wrong. I believe that is simply biology or chemistry. As I stated before I accept interracial dating. However I don't encourage it you could say for my own selfish purposes. I enjoying seeing certain physical attributes of a few good looking members of the opposite sex and fear that would be destroyed if we all became one race with virtually no differences. I don't believe that will happen anytime soon though. I have found it very curious that a girl can dye her hair and suddenly look a lot prettier or less. I don't understand physical attraction that much.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Unbeleivable. After all that about it beign about preferences and not about race, you urge the members of a race to date within the race, regardless of preference. No one should feel inclined to listen to your 'suggestions', they are baseless and racist.

Hmm, it seems I Have touched a nerve somewhere in your body? Hmm?

You said it wasn't a dating game... Didn't you? Let me share something with you my brother, I am a black man, I talk to other black men who like to do that stupid thing called interacial dating, Iit's never about love, it's about, for some social status, others, they get to bang a white chick, or some nonsensical reason, never about love.

Ok, let's take the deep rooted racial stance, I have on this issue. Why should I date or marry, white females, as opposed to black females? Black girls are good as any woman on this planet.. I am a young male, turned 22 last month, so i fit in the same category as the poll. Most polls are in error. Do they really have an idea of what's going on in the wider national community? i don't think they have the faintest clue..

Is dating white females going to help solve racism? NO! it's not going to. it might breed more hate. Take for example, a famous couple such as Taye diggs, and his white woman. They recieved threatening letters, A.K.A as hate mail. Did there celebrity status, shielded them from what's going on nationwide? No it does not.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I know I said I was stepping out of this one, but...

You said it wasn't a dating game... Didn't you? Let me share something with you my brother, I am a black man, I talk to other black men who like to do that stupid thing called interacial dating, Iit's never about love, it's about, for some social status, others, they get to bang a white chick, or some nonsensical reason, never about love.

There's plenty of other relationships that are not interracial and aren't about love. That's just how humans in general work sometimes.

Ok, let's take the deep rooted racial stance, I have on this issue. Why should I date or marry, white females, as opposed to black females? Black girls are good as any woman on this planet..

You should date whomever you're attracted to and marry whomever you are in love with. Race should not be an issue in either category. Black girls are good as any woman, just as white girls are, chinese girls, indian girls, etc. Color is not a determining factor in whether someone is worth spending your life with or not. At least it shouldn't be.

Is dating white females going to help solve racism?

No, it should be a sign that this world has grown up a little bit.

NO! it's not going to. it might breed more hate. Take for example, a famous couple such as Taye diggs, and his white woman. They recieved threatening letters, A.K.A as hate mail. Did there celebrity status, shielded them from what's going on nationwide? No it does not.

But does that stop them from being in love? I sures to hell hope not. Hopefully they can see past everyone elses stupidty and ignorance and enjoy their lives together. And if they're just in it for the money or some other non-romantic reason, then that's their problem.

Okay, hopefully I can keep myself away from this one now...

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Dating a white female, will show maturity, Ok. I hear you, but don't agree.. you see, after centuries of manipulation, I think it will be immature on my path on any young Black male's path to date interacilly with a white female.

For one, after centuries of oppression.. iand maniuplation that the caucasian woman has been put on a pedestal of beauty, and we negleted our own, sisters.

I for one refuse to go along with the crowd, that's my belief.. She's still likely to call you N*** at the end of the day in a heated argument. To Me that will not bode well with me.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Dating a white female, will show maturity, Ok. I hear you, but don't agree.. you see, after centuries of manipulation, I think it will be immature on my path on any young Black male's path to date interacilly with a white female.

Not sure if you really understood or not; I meant that being able to see past color boundaries--whether its you dating a white girl or me dating a black girl--would be a sign the world has grown up a bit.

I for one refuse to go along with the crowd, that's my belief.. She's still likely to call you N*** at the end of the day in a heated argument. To Me that will not bode well with me.

Anyone can be disrespectful to you, regardless of their race, and there's no reason that you need to stick with them afterwards. Some of the girls who've treated me the worst in my life were my own race; some that have treated me the best were not.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCory1

Not sure if you really understood or not; I meant that being able to see past color boundaries--whether its you dating a white girl or me dating a black girl--would be a sign the world has grown up a bit.

I agree fully...

I have two opinions on this.........
1.) words are words......read my above post........I do not get offended by the use of the term "cracker" or others........they are just words
2.) If you are dating someone who will still use the N word in a malicious way "at the end of the day"....well, they are just close-minded and racist.....

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I talk to other black men who like to do that stupid thing called interacial dating, Iit's never about love

Then I guess you only know cretins.

Is dating white females going to help solve racism?

Who cares if it does or doesn't? Who dates people for a social cause?

Why should I date or marry, white females, as opposed to black females?

I dunno, why should you?

I am a young male, turned 22 last month, so i fit in the same category as the poll. Most polls are in error. Do they really have an idea of what's going on in the wider national community? i don't think they have the faintest clue

Why? Because the people you know aren't down with it? Why does that mean that the poll is fake and a lie???

Take for example, a famous couple such as Taye diggs, and his white woman. They recieved threatening letters, A.K.A as hate mail.

Yeah, from bigots who think that inter-racial dating is wrong.

you see, after centuries of manipulation, I think it will be immature on my path on any young Black male's path to date interacilly with a white female.

Ok, again, its a social thing, its a psychological-cultural thing, it has nothing to do with any 'biological race'. In our society people belong to 'groups', such as 'black' and 'white', etc. These groups have no biological reality and all our actions with respect to them are merely socialized reactions and learned behaviours.

She's still likely to call you N*** at the end of the day in a heated argument

You seem pretty uptight about that happening, why? Do you often get into such horrible arguements with the people that you are dating that that kind of violence gets wrought? What do you do that would provoke that sort of reaction from a person? How much of this, iow, is just your own personal problems, rather than a 'lying' poll?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   

You seem pretty uptight about that happening, why? Do you often get into such horrible arguements with the people that you are dating that that kind of violence gets wrought? What do you do that would provoke that sort of reaction from a person? How much of this, iow, is just your own personal problems, rather than a 'lying' poll?

It happens... I assume you are white so, you will be oblivious to those situations, speaking from other's experiences, and as humans we fail to learn from other's experiences.

For reasons oblivious to you all, this interacial dating is a horrible trend which should be discouraged.

The poll? about it? how many people were interviewed? how many subscribed to that view? certainly not me. Not many are open as staunch racist such as Bennett.

Naturally I don't find white women physically attractive, as some people won't find black women attractive. Period

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   

For reasons oblivious to you all, this interacial dating is a horrible trend which should be discouraged.

The last cry of a loosing argument. "i'm right you're all wrong and it doesn't matter if that don't make no sense'.

The poll? about it? how many people were interviewed?

These would've been valid questions for your first post.

Naturally I don't find white women physically attractive, as some people won't find black women attractive. Period

Again, if its based on race, its racist. I can understand if you said you tend to not find white women attractive, attractiveness is a matter of preference, and can't be said to be absolute. It makes no sense to say 'all white women are unattractive' (ignoring, of course, that there is no such thing as race for the moment), since you haven't seen everyon white woman. It makes as much sense as saying 'there are no attractive brunettes', there are a lot of different women who are brunettes, you can't say not a single one is attactive.

You keep seeming to jump back and forth between justifications, from 'i just don't dig white chicks' to 'my ancestors would be upset' to 'they'd hurl racial slurs at me'. Is it preference or is it not preference? And how can it be preference for something that doesn't even exist, ie, a race???

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

You keep seeming to jump back and forth between justifications, from 'i just don't dig white chicks' to 'my ancestors would be upset' to 'they'd hurl racial slurs at me'. Is it preference or is it not preference? And how can it be preference for something that doesn't even exist, ie, a race???

Isn't those above valid reasons? Aren't they? What foolishness is the talk there's no such thing as biological `race`? Do you know that certain people with diffrent colour skin tones, etc: Are susceptible to certain diseases? Aren't you oblivious to those scientific facts?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
There I was thinking I was in a conspiracy forum only to find the same old crap about how blacks and whites shouldn't make babies together.

Racism will always be with us, we know that there are tensions between blacks and everyone else that will never be resolved, but it would be nice to get a break from it every once in a while.

Why don't you take this hatred to Stormfront.org where it belongs.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Winchester Ranger T
There I was thinking I was in a conspiracy forum only to find the same old crap about how blacks and whites shouldn't make babies together.

Racism will always be with us, we know that there are tensions between blacks and everyone else that will never be resolved, but it would be nice to get a break from it every once in a while.

Why don't you take this hatred to Stormfront.org where it belongs.

I just had to highlight that. Sometimes I really do feel that it's me aganist the world.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Isn't those above valid reasons? Aren't they?

The point is that you say at one moment its merely a matter of taste and not racism, and then in the next you site racial reasons and social reasons. Which is it, is it merely your personal preference or is it something that applies to members of a race?

What foolishness is the talk there's no such thing as biological `race`?

Rather the foolishness is stating that there are biological races.

Do you know that certain people with diffrent colour skin tones, etc: Are susceptible to certain diseases?

This doth not a race make. And I think you are confused, having a particular concentration of melanin doesn't make you more or less susceptible to diseases. "Black people' are more likely to have, say, sickle-cell anemia, but not all black people have it and being black doesn't magically make you more susceptible to it. Ashkenazi's tend to have a particular type of cancer, but that doesn't mean that one must have any particular set of genes to be ashkenazi. There is no biological definition of 'black' or 'white' or 'indian' or 'chinese'. There is a rough continuum of variation amoung humans, not discrete 'races'.

Aren't you oblivious to those scientific facts?

It is you who are oblivous to the scientific understanding of biology, the species Homo sapiens does not have races within it. There's nothing in biology that says races, sports, sub-species, etc, can't exist, and indeed they do in many species, but not all species are broken up into races and humans are not broken up into races. Man could, one day, have a race form within it, but it simply doesn't have one now.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join