It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Now support Interacial Dating

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Well, I for one think that the poll is accurate, I mean you don't hear lots of people saying its bad, that is unless you went to a gathering of those kind of people.

I support interracial dating, marriage and relations (reproduction).

It should'nt matter what color your skin is or what country you come from (all they really are pieces of land with imaginary lines drawn on pictures of the land anyways.) or what religion you are or how old you are or what gender you are, love transcends such primitive notions and boundaries.

No one, and I mean no one has the right to tell someone they can't love another person, just because they are a different skin color, or different religion or the same gender as themselves.

For instance, I happen to be male, and I fell in love with a black, guatemalan protestant guy, no one would have the right to say any of that was wrong, or that I could'nt love them because of any of those reasons.
(I did'nt by the way, the only parts of that that are truth are that I am a male, and I love another guy.)

Anyways, my point is, racism, and discrimination in general is wrong.

TrueAmerican,
From what I have read, in the next one-hundred years, a single blended race will start to emerge here in America, that is if some event does'nt influence that.

An interesting little factoid, by 2050, caucasians will be a minority in America.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Classic.

2/3 of your mitochondrial DNA comes from your mother. If you trace someone's DNA heritage, its always done through the mother's side.
So technically speaking, your race is whatever your mother's race is. Need proof, look at wandering conquerors over time, and whether or not they completely changed the complexion of the conquered. Traits were added, but not much more. Sure you can say it was watered down over time by breeding back into the predominant civilization, but that isn't the point.
Europeans never became Mongols when Khan's horde invaded.
African blacks never became caucasians or even close too it.
Philipino's never became caucasians after spanish conquest.
Latin america never became like caucasians.
The list goes on like that....

Why?

Conquerors never took women with them during invasions. Period.
European men were never big on people having their women. A lot of times it was a colonial no-no for their women to mess around with other races when they went to live abroad.

So what?

Fast forward to now and pay attention to marketing on TV.
Most ads on TV now or print ads, will typically feature the following pairing:
black male and white female. It doesn't matter what the context of the commercial is, it doesn't matter if they are not presented as a couple.
I started noticing this sometime ago. Not sure if its nationwide, but its typical in the Dallas market. Example McDonald's commercial: white cashier girl, black man making an order, or switch their roles. Most of your nationwide corporate level campaigns should be like that.

Conspiracy?

Some might believe its empowering the black male to do whatever they are supposed to be empowered too. Sounds bunk to me, but then they usually cite prison and job statistics with it when they talk about it to prove a point. But wouldn't they be doing the same with a white male and black female in those commercials? Those tend to be rare, but I look for them. And the ones I do find tend to be light skinned black females and scruffy, skate-boarder, rave-attending white guys. Or guys already shut out of mainstream, crew cut, church going america, or throw aways as I call them.

The conspiracy here and its a stretch, but this is a conspiracy board right...but the conspiracy here is to breed out water down a particular color or race, if you will, by promoting the women of one race (white women), to the men of another race (black men). Its contrary to what people think, but its based on lessons from the past.

2 of the 5 people from the original genomics mapping experiment were of african decent. But what their actual family history was basically a secret.
Did they look for a difference between European and African family heritage
to add to scientific knowledge, or to create an agenda?

Pay attention to those commercials, they're out there.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I wouldn't date a black woman, simply because I haven't seen many that I'm attracted to. On the other hand, I'm almost as white as they come, and there are very few WHITE women I would date. My ex-wife, and my fiancee are both Filipinas. If someone wants to date another race, and they're happy, more power to them. I don't think that anyone has the right to say they approve or dissaprove of it. it's an individual choice, and as long as they are happy then that's great for them.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
How about this, how about we just don't care who dates who?

This shouldn't even be an issue. To complain about people dating interracially is a sign there is a serious issue in the country.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah_John

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I have a question would mixing all the races help increase or decrease genetic variation? Im thinking it would decrease it but im not sure.

DNA evidence already suggest we have less genetic diversity in humans then we should thanks to a genetic bottleneck in our past. Would it be smart to decrease that variation even more?

Interracial breeding will increases genetic variation. .

Makes sense thanks for the answer, gentetic variation seems to always be a good thing for a species

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
Classic.

2/3 of your mitochondrial DNA comes from your mother. If you trace someone's DNA heritage, its always done through the mother's side.

So technically speaking, your race is whatever your mother's race is. Need proof, look at wandering conquerors over time, and whether or not they completely changed the complexion of the conquered. Traits were added, but not much more. Sure you can say it was watered down over time by breeding back into the predominant civilization, but that isn't the point.
Europeans never became Mongols when Khan's horde invaded.
African blacks never became caucasians or even close too it.
Philipino's never became caucasians after spanish conquest.
Latin america never became like caucasians.
The list goes on like that....

Actually:

100% of your mitochondria comes from your mother. And your mitochondria has DNA. But it's not YOUR DNA. It's not the DNA that you inherit from your mother.

Mitochondria are small parts of every cell, they are responsible for the break down of sugar to provide energy to the cell. Mitochodria house their own small portion of DNA. Now when a sperm releases its DNA into an Egg this does not include any mitochondrial DNA. You inherit all of your mitochondrial DNA from your Mother, and since it doesn't play a role in reproduction Mitochondrial DNA undergoes almost zero change between generations. In other words unless you have a rare mutation your Mitochondrial DNA is exactly the same as your Mother's.

So besides inheriting the mitochondria, you also inherit your mother's DNA, and your father's. And THESE determine what traits you have, such as eye color, skin color, height, weight, and muscle strength.

A gene is a length of DNA on a chromosome that does something particular for an organism. A gene can come in more than one form. There are flavors of genes are called Alleles. An allele represents one or more DNA sequences in a gene that produces a particular phenotypic (what it looks like) result. These patterns are known as polygenic inheritance.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Makes sense thanks for the answer, gentetic variation seems to always be a good thing for a species

Not only will it increase genetic variation, more than likely it will also be responsible for what is known as Heterosis

This is commonly known as hybrid vigor. It is an observable phenomenon in which a hybrid plant or animal may exhibit greater strength, health or faster rate of growth than its parents. The term often causes controversy, particularly in terms of domestic animals, because it is sometimes believed that all crossbred plants or animals are better than their parents; this is untrue. Rather, when a hybrid is seen to be superior to its parents, this is known as hybrid vigor.

Most in the scientific community accept this when dealing with plants or animals yet whenever the subject turns to humans, everyone gets very hush hush.

Admittedly, this is coming from a Mulatto though, I mean, I could just be innately partial to the theory of heterosis, who knows?

To stay on topic though, I can definitely say that inter-racial dating, or marriage seems way more acceptable than when I was a kid (I'm 30). For one, I see way more interracial couples than I ever did as a kid, and I also see more interracial kids now-a-days as well. Whether or not the majority of people accept it, or keep their opinions to themselves is up for debate. I do think that a couple of generations without overt institutionalized racism has helped a bit, but I do not think that is the only reason either.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:22 AM
link   
it increases it in the short run/medium run (mixing the batch up), until homogenization occurs. Factors preventing homogenization will be overcome by globalization, and in the long term we might see a decrease, which will turn us towards cybernetics/nanotech etc....

then we will venture out , colonize different places, and start variations again. but the amount of varation (or max variation) will still be less than before due to our technological prowress. (sort of like how fractals add infinite surface area but no real volume).

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I don't support interracial dating but I'm certainly not going around trying to stop anyone from doing it though. I would actually be disappointed if everyone interbred so much that we were all one race. I typically prefer attractive members of the opposite sex of my own race and possibly some very attractive members of some other races but they would have to look stunningly pretty for me to be physically attracted to them. If females are attracted by some smell of genetic diversity, that might explain why females of other races and foreign countries sometimes seem to be especially attracted to me. I believe if the thread title or poll stated tolerated or accepted instead of supported I might agree with the title. However I did notice within the text it says the poll says a majority accepts interracial dating. I do accept it as a fact of life. However I disagree with the word support. In my mind the word accept is like tolerate but the word support is more like encouraging it which I don't.

I once read a fictional book where the idea was to end all racism by requiring everyone to marry outside their own race so that everyone eventually became one race. I didn't realize how much I disagreed with that concept until I went to sleep and had one major dream where today's global affairs seem extremely tame in comparison. I have wondered if people typically are attracted to other people of the same race or if there are other stronger determining factors for some people and/or races. I just don't find other females of other races as attractive in general.

edited note: I do support interspecies dating if the females are blond and very attractive with a nice ride (spaceship). I once had an agreeable dream with them so I know I'm ok with this.
At least I think they may be a different species.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by orionthehunter]

[edit on 12-10-2005 by orionthehunter]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:59 AM
link   
hummmm, any japanese gurlz for a young stud from the Balkans ?

folks, whatever floats your boat....

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Although I tend to agree variety is the spice of life, , it's essential that evry race keep to it's own to maintain thsi identity.. Each to it's own..

you don't need to look a certain way to keep your identity. the children can still be taught where they come from, to cherish, and accept it.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
I wouldn't date a black woman, simply because I haven't seen many that I'm attracted to.

Same here, I just don't find them that attractive. I guess a black man thinks differently because he has been raised seeing black women all over the place.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by RK_Pr0t0c0l]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I don't support interracial dating but I'm certainly not going around trying to stop anyone from doing it though. I would actually be disappointed if everyone interbred so much that we were all one race. I typically prefer attractive members of the opposite sex of my own race and possibly some very attractive members of some other races but they would have to look stunningly pretty for me to be physically attracted to them. If females are attracted by some smell of genetic diversity, that might explain why females of other races and foreign countries sometimes seem to be especially attracted to me. I believe if the thread title or poll stated tolerated or accepted instead of supported I might agree with the title. However I did notice within the text it says the poll says a majority accepts interracial dating. I do accept it as a fact of life. However I disagree with the word support. In my mind the word accept is like tolerate but the word support is more like encouraging it which I don't.

Yes. I agree, u should be attracted to someone of your own kind, I am not saying that women of other races aren't bombshells, but when it comes to settling down and reproduction...

Take my word of advice do the Human race a favour:

Reproduce with your own Kind...! Word UP!

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by crusader

Yes. I agree, u should be attracted to someone of your own kind, I am not saying that women of other races aren't bombshells, but when it comes to settling down and reproduction...

Take my word of advice do the Human race a favour:

Reproduce with your own Kind...! Word UP!

I agree with you. I think I could have an affair with a black woman if she was pretty, but as you say, when it comes to having a family and having kids, I think it is better to do it with a person of your own race.

People who have parents from two different races also face many problems. They can't be considered fully white nor black, and that creates and identity problem.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by RK_Pr0t0c0l]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Identity? What particular identities do individual colors have?
Say, you are from the U.S. and she (or he) is also from the U.S. but is a different color. Where is the particular identity? You are not attached in any way to Africa or the Caribbean, and she is not attached to Ireland or Great Britain or Japan.
While I could see the point if we were talking about marrying people of other cultures, it seems evident that most nations can handle such activity and still maintain their identities.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RK_Pr0t0c0l
I agree with you. I think I could have an affair with a black woman if she was pretty, but as you say, when it comes to having a family and having kids, I think it is better to do it with a person of your own race.

That's a really enlightened view. For 1705.

I could totally do a slave if she was pretty.

The devil you say Sir! Some voodoo scrub woman has beguiled you with her fetching ways!!! Repent liberal!

People who have parents from two different races also face many problems.

Sure. From people like you.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
As far as identity goes, I don't think I've ever met someone I'd say shares my identity, even my fiance (although she's probably one of the closest.) I've met lots of white people, but I think pigment has to be a pretty lame way of identifying one's self. I mean, that's just one small aspect of who I am--if one were to get to know me, they'd find all sorts of reasons to not date me, and still not sound racist in doing so.

I guess I've just lived a somewhat sheltered life, but I really thought this kinda stuff was the domain of the wife-beating redneck living in a trailer park who dressed in sheets on the weekends. Race should only be a concern to a casting director for a movie where the script calls for someone of a given ethnicity; I have yet to see a reason it could matter otherwise.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   

RK_Pr0t0c0l, Why? Why an affair and not marriage or children?

Are Black women not good enough for you? Or is it that YOU are not good enough for them? Is it the culture issue? Afraid ya can't hang with a black chic? Come on man, explain yourself!

I love all women of all shapes, colors, ages and sizes....however, when it comes to "dating", Im all about eastern Europe
(Souljah knows what I mean)

[edit on 12/10/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

DNA evidence already suggest we have less genetic diversity in humans then we should thanks to a genetic bottleneck in our past.

- Yes, I have heard this.
Apparantly after a natural disaster (or maybe 2 or 3) humanity got down to as few as maybe a couple or a few thousand individuals.

Our genetic diversity as a species is, apparantly, lamentable when compared to many others.

This is not a good position to be in, as a species.

Would it be smart to decrease that variation even more?

- Of course.

This point alone (nevermind all the rest) is an immoveable 'rock' on which the insane, vicious and plain nasty ignorant stupidity of all that 'racial purity' garbage is wrecked, totally.

There is but one actual human 'race' anyway.

But fundamentally what right does anyone have to 'approve' or disapprove' of the choices others make in who they desire or love?

If it isn't you what's it to you?

[edit on 12-10-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
If ya ask me, interracial dating ought to be required for a generation or two, so we can all end up as one race, and lose the racial divide.

Uh oh, here come da flames.

Well interracial "relationships" have been a psrt of the black community ever since we came here(White Men, Black Women). So far it has caused self hate, and distain. I hope one day we will get over it but I doubt it. We will just find anoter reson to hate others

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join