It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans Now support Interacial Dating

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Americans of a certain age recall vividly when interracial dating was widely frowned on, and even led to the lynching of many black men. Those days have seemingly passed, however, according to a new Gallup Poll.

The results find that Americans of all races accept interracial dating by wide margins, with 95% of younger people (18-29) approving.

Putting these views into action, almost half of all Americans say they have personally dated a person of a different racial/ethnic group, again with younger people in the lead.

www.editorandpublisher.com...

Here's the news article, on a supposedly GALLUP Poll. I don't agree with this poll. Hell I don't support interacial Dating between Blacks and whites ( I am a young black male), call me racist, but what u say everyone is entitled to their opinions

What u all think about the poll?

[edit on 12-10-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm from Newfoundland and my wife is from El Salvador. We are friends with a couple where the guy is Mexican and the girl is Chinese. This weekend I just met a couple, a first nations man and a Filipino girl.

The color of a persons skin has nothing to do with love.

By saying you don't agree with this poll what does that mean? Do you think the poll is false?

Renouncing interracial Dating is racism. I'm glad to hear that more and more Americans are rising above that.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Renouncing interracial Dating is racism. I'm glad to hear that more and more Americans are rising above that.

I never said I renounced it, I am not the allpowerful one to BAN it from occuring.

I never said I am against Interacial Dating , just the aspects of intermarrying between Whites and Blacks

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If ya ask me, interracial dating ought to be required for a generation or two, so we can all end up as one race, and lose the racial divide.

Uh oh, here come da flames.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
What u all think about the poll?

What do I think about the poll? I think it's probably accurate.

Or did you mean what do I think about interracial dating? If that's the question, I have no problem with it at all. I've don't it plenty of times. I don't have any issues about interracial marriage either. I can't imagine why anyone would.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Although I tend to agree variety is the spice of life, , it's essential that evry race keep to it's own to maintain thsi identity.. Each to it's own..

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I never said I renounced it, I am not the allpowerful one to BAN it from occuring.

Firstly the only time I directed anything towards you was when I asked "By saying you don't agree with this poll what does that mean? Do you think the poll is false?" A question I guess, you decided to ignore.

I never said I am against Interacial Dating

Yes you did.

Hell I don't support interacial Dating between Blacks and whites

I support pride and identity in any race.

Again, I applaud these Americans who now support interracial dating. Civilization needs to move forward and realize that skin color doesn't decide who you are allowed to love.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I never said I am against Interacial Dating , just the aspects of intermarrying between Whites and Blacks

Hell I don't support interacial Dating between Blacks and whites

Sounds like your against it to me, maybe I misunderstood you, regardless, IMO true love knows no color, we are all created equal and should love one another for whats inside, I know it sounds sappy..but its true!

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I've never understood what was so wrong with interracial dating or marriage. Does having a "half-breed" kid make that kid less of a person? I'm about as white as it gets; why should I have to limit myself to white chicks? I meet some black girl who's everything I wanted and I'm everything she's wanted, but because her ancestors didn't migrate to the same place mine did 20K years ago, it's not meant to be? I'd rather base my romance on a person as they are now.

My fiance's half white, half Mexican, and--in my opinion at least--all around better than any girl I've ever met who's entirely one race. I'm damned thankful her parents were able to see past the racial issues.

Although I tend to agree variety is the spice of life, , it's essential that evry race keep to it's own to maintain thsi identity.. Each to it's own..

Essential that a race keeps to it's own to maintain a racial identity? And why exactly is that? What's so great about being white, or black, or mexican, or indian, or whatever? Yeah, you have a heritage, you have a history. You're still human though, no more so and no less so than anyone else. Or do I have that wrong--whites are a different species from blacks, who are a different species from asians, who are different from latinos? The last time I heard someone get big ideas about racial identity, the world lost over 50 million people.

I'm honestly glad to see interracial dating becoming less of an issue. Hopefully it's just one more step before we're all in this game on the same team.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have a question would mixing all the races help increase or decrease genetic variation? Im thinking it would decrease it but im not sure.

DNA evidence already suggest we have less genetic diversity in humans then we should thanks to a genetic bottleneck in our past. Would it be smart to decrease that variation even more?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Hell I don't support interracial Dating between Blacks and whites ( I am a young black male), call me racist

I never said I am against Interracial Dating

I'm confused, which is it? Are you for or Against?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Count me in!

Frau Dr. is Egyptian. Is that white? It's not black. Not brown exactly. Kind of a rich olive color; when she gets a tan she turns to deep gold . . . .

*ahem*.

Race is a political category, not a biological one. In order to categorize race, you have to do some insanely expensive DNA testing. Genetic variability is increased by interbreeding between populations, but since "race" is not really biological, it interbreeding humans doesn't mean much.

African Anthropologists categorize 4 "black" races, that to them are completely distinct, as much as the Anglo-American categories of "black" and "white"

(my closest match in the box of 64 crayons is "peach." When I was a kid, it was called "flesh." )

People in the Balkans can rage rabidly about the differences between themselves and the "invaders," be they German, Croat, Serb, Albanian, or what-have-you. The average American would say they all had dark hair and light colored eyse, what's the diff???

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I have a question would mixing all the races help increase or decrease genetic variation? Im thinking it would decrease it but im not sure.

DNA evidence already suggest we have less genetic diversity in humans then we should thanks to a genetic bottleneck in our past. Would it be smart to decrease that variation even more?

Interracial breeding will increases genetic variation. For example, hemophilia is almost exclusively a Caucasian problem. Sickle cell anemia is almost exclusively Negro problem. For a child to have hemophilia or sickle cell anemia, both parents must carry the genes for the affliction. Therefore, if a Caucasian and a Negro have a child, that child will be free of both problems. That child will also be pretty resistant to malaria, also, since sickle-shaped cells are an adaptation against that disease.

There is also significant research that shows men and women are most attracted to the smell of potential mates who have the greatest genetic variation from themselves.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think that it’s easy to vote yes on a poll but in real life I’m willing to bet some of those people would not date opposite races. That's what I think about the poll, I also think that people should be allowed to date whoever they want, however, my personal views shall remain just that, personal.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Hell I don't support interacial Dating between Blacks and whites... ...call me racist, but what u say everyone is entitled to their opinions

I am totally with you on this. Probably because the way I was raised, but I know I could never date someone of a different race. And I don't mean like Irish with a German, but more specifically black and white or asian and mexican. I know that's racist but meh, it's how I feel about it.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
I think that it’s easy to vote yes on a poll but in real life I’m willing to bet some of those people would not date opposite races.

The question wasn't whether or not they'd participate in interracial dating, but whether or not they accept it in general.

Hell I don't support interacial Dating between Blacks and whites ( I am a young black male), call me racist, but what u say everyone is entitled to their opinions

I just wonder how this statement, made by a white person would be taken... "Yeah, I don't think black and white people should share water fountains. Call me racist, but what the hey. I'm entitled to my opinion."

Racism sucks and it doesn't matter what color the person is that's fostering it.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
If ya ask me, interracial dating ought to be required for a generation or two, so we can all end up as one race, and lose the racial divide.

Uh oh, here come da flames.

There's the flame.

Seriosuly, though, who are you to tell me that I MUST date outside my race? Honestly, color of skin has very little to do with it for me, character, personality and cooking skills has much more to do with it.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Honestly, color of skin has very little to do with it for me, character, personality and cooking skills has much more to do with it.

So are you having the lutefisk, or the falafel?

Or would you pick the dirty rice over the kimshi?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:49 PM
link   
TC, I'll be the first to admit that it would never work, and I certainly wouldn't want to interfere with anyone's dating habits. Hell, I'm white and my last girlfriend of 6 years was mixed (half black-half white). It is the end result of having one race so the racisim would stop that I am trying to get you to see with that preposterous notion of having it mandated. Yeah, pie in the sky, and an insult to freedom, I know. But damn, we gotta do something to end the madness of racism. Over time, I think that racism is decreasing, on the overall, but it is sure taking its sweet time.

Honestly, I think it may happen in several hundred years or more anyway that the races have interbread so much that a new, more single race starts emerging. The real human race.

Cooking skills!

[edit on 11-10-2005 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

call me racist

Okay, you're racist.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join