It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: UK To 'Ban' Fifteen Terror Groups

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
UK ministers are set to ban fifteen international groups believed to be terrorist organisations. The groups have been linked to countries such as Iraq, Uzbekistan, Libya, Pakistan, Somalia, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and Morocco. The UK has already banned 25 groups under the Terrorism Act 2000. Among the new list of groups to be banned are Islamic organisations Ansar Al Islam, Groupe Islamique Combattant Marocain, Al Ittihad Al Islamia and Ansar Al Sunna.

news.bbc.co.uk
Home Secretary Charles Clarke said: "Recent events in London and elsewhere in the world have shown all too clearly that the threat posed by global terrorism has not gone away.

"The attacks of 7 and 21 July have served as a stark reminder of the need to maintain a vigorous approach to dealing with terrorisms and their supporters.

"The list of proscribed organisations is kept under constant review and, after careful consideration of all the relevant factors, I am satisfied that these groups should be added to it."

The Terrorism Bill, which is due to be published shortly, would amend the Terrorism Act 2000 to allow the proscription of organisations which glorify terrorism.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think it is hillarious when a government 'bans' a terrorist group.

As if it is ever going to make a difference. Fair enough they can be imprisoned if they are ever caught, but we should eb out there fighting them instead of sitting in an office saying "oh if you are caught being a member of this group you will go to prison"!

Sheer stupidity!

[edit on 11/10/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Yes...

This is a smart idea. Instead of having them practice in public, where we can hear their views, check on them and see who supports them we push them underground.

I like this idea let us force them to the edge so they have to end up fighting back and they have more ammunition to throw at us.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I think it's just make the public aware of who the attackers are at the moment.
Banning them gives the Government some kind of credibility.

People at large know its just a ruse, and will, and do take it with a pinch of salt.
Lets see what happens when then do get hold of one of the groups members in the future.

Maybe we will all quote this thread?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
isn't it illegal already?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Ban all groups that are not approved by NWO group-think tank or execute them...yeah that's the ticket! I seem to remember reading that before....something about ovens and gestapo.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I think it is hillarious when a government 'bans' a terrorist group.

As if it is ever going to make a difference.

They can cut off the flow of funds to these organizations when they are blacklisted so that can help.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally Posted By AceOfBase
They can cut off the flow of funds to these organizations when they are blacklisted so that can help.

Thats not as easy as it sounds...

Terrorist Bank Deals Seen As Impossible To Spot

Mic

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Do you think a "terrorist" will care if you ban their group. It might slow down recruitment in the U.K but over all you can't stop an ideology. Unless you have the thought police. Hey, you hear something? Who's that!?!?

top topics

join