It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods Dont Exist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   
IT IS CLEAR YOU HAVE NOT A CLUE ABOUT LIFE, BASIC EXISTANCE OR SCIENCE. GOD INDEED EXISTS AND THE VERY BREATH YOU BREATH IS PROOF OF THAT. WITHOUT REALITY, WITHOUT EXISTANCE, THERE WOULD BE NO GOD, BUT HERE IT IS, HERE WE ARE. YOU ARE A FOOL TO EVEN THINK OTHERWISE. THERE IS NO DEBATE OVER IT.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 06:24 AM
link   
uhhh you provide no proof behind what you say do you not notice that? you just say cause and i'm supposed to believe that? if god loves me so much why would he let it be possibly that i can go to hell? if you loved someone would you tell that if they eat the food you made for them they cuold possibly die? why if you loved them would you give them the optionof dying?

i like a quote from this tool song that is very meaningful "jesus christ why dont you come save my life now? open my eyes blind me with your life now"

if god is real why doesnt he make all of us believe? i dont want the optionof not believing in him i just want him to say hey i'm your creator.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by briansdesigns
IT IS CLEAR YOU HAVE NOT A CLUE ABOUT LIFE, BASIC EXISTANCE OR SCIENCE. GOD INDEED EXISTS AND THE VERY BREATH YOU BREATH IS PROOF OF THAT. WITHOUT REALITY, WITHOUT EXISTANCE, THERE WOULD BE NO GOD, BUT HERE IT IS, HERE WE ARE. YOU ARE A FOOL TO EVEN THINK OTHERWISE. THERE IS NO DEBATE OVER IT.

Dont Shout, we can all hear you.

This forum is about denying Ignorance. Just stating that something exists isn't very logical at all, nor does it show any thought in your post. How do you know God exists? And which of the many Gods is the correct one?

[Edited on 20-9-2003 by MrEisenhower]

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower

This forum is about denying Ignorance. Just stating that something exists isn't very logical at all, nor does it show any thought in your post. How do you know God exists? And which of the many Gods is the correct one?

[Edited on 20-9-2003 by MrEisenhower]

There is only ONE God, but there are many ways of worshiping him.

The belief in God has very little to do with empiric science. There is a reason why it is called faith. For all the things in the material world: seeing is believing.
God: believing is seeing. You have to believe first, then you see. Those who believe, they see God in the order of things, creation of life, laws of universe. God is a guiding hand in all existence.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 01:41 PM
link   

but its history. You weren�t there; you didn�t see what happened for yourself. History is someone�s view of what happened in the past is it not? How can you put all your faith into something you aren�t even sure of and if you can put your faith into something someone tells you my goodness.

I do not see it as a matter of placing all my faith, but rather taking it into consideration. In other words acknowledging the validity and saneness of those who came before me as reasonable. A book states a man walked on water, raised the dead and himself overcame death. Several other cultures confirm that there were those amongst them that did the same thing (as well as other acts). It is simply inappropriate me to conclude that the vast archive of knowledge presented throughout history is the result a misunderstanding.

Furthermore, my personal experiences not only support the fact there conclusions (in general) are valid, they affirm more that what can be defined within the context of Dogma.

Again my point as presented in the most recent post is clear.

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I've said this plenty of times, and I'll say it again.

People often confuse "faith" with "hope".

Faith is something I have in people, or math, or anything else that can be proven to be relatively consistent. I don't even have faith in people, unless they give me a damn good reason to believe I should, and even then, there's a probationary period. Blind faith is the practice of being ignorant of facts, or lacking the ability to make educated decisions.

[Edited on 9-21-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Educated decisions are related to education or for that matter experience.

From a personal standpoint experience as well as my education (which for the record is not juts based upon the formal common modality we often entertain in that respect). Points clearly and beyond any shadow of doubt�s that God exist.

Take for example the matter of punctuated equilibrium, which for all intent and purpose reflects the existence of a mutation, one who capacity to survive is inherently more effective that those who from an evolutionary standpoint are less apt (in general).

Faith that God exist or does not fall under the same definition (that of a faith) from that standpoint it is irrelevant to this discussion (unless you want to get into semantics which I abhor). The issue is more with respect to an interpretation of phenomenon, which have been reported as observed.

If I look up into the sky and report that the sky is green and there are a million people who claim it is blue either something is wrong with the million people, or something is wrong with my ability to see the color blue.

The atheist is caught up in that very same situation, as much as he or she wishes to deny the idea of God as a valid argument the numbers speak for themselves.

You speak of faith Satyr as the only reason that people believe in God, but that is not the only reason. I have discussed the numbers but that is not the only reason either. To go beyond the reason I have discussed to date you will need to make a sacrifice of time. Suspend your disbelief and immerse yourself in an ideology of your choice (in your own way). Then and only then will you discover why those who have taken this path, always seem to talk to you as if you are missing out on something.

Feel free to respond as you wish but take into consideration that any response you make is still
the result of a faith and or a hope.

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I'm not missing out on a thing. This I know. The only thing I could possibly be missing out on is some cult camaraderie that you believers share. While I think all those that belong to that cult are blind, you're the ones who are missing something. BTW, you keep referring to atheists. I'm not an atheist. Atheists also practice their own brand of blind faith, IMO.
Just because something is popular belief, does not mean it's true. This has been proven time and time again. As a matter of fact, more people have followed the sheep mentality, the more common an opinion seems to be. It's those who are incapable of seeing this, who are the sheep. I'm done debating this with you. Your argument is not only illogical, it's circular. Circular debates bore me to tears....especially when they're always based on your imaginary faith.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
I'm not missing out on a thing. This I know. The only thing I could possibly be missing out on is some cult camaraderie that you believers share. While I think all those that belong to that cult are blind, you're the ones who are missing something. BTW, you keep referring to atheists. I'm not an atheist. Atheists also practice their own brand of blind faith, IMO.
Just because something is popular belief, does not mean it's true. This has been proven time and time again. As a matter of fact, more people have followed the sheep mentality, the more common an opinion seems to be. It's those who are incapable of seeing this, who are the sheep. I'm done debating this with you. Your argument is not only illogical, it's circular. Circular debates bore me to tears....especially when they're always based on your imaginary faith.

Yes, HE does. You just gotta keep trying. It's not his business to answer to YOU. It's your busness to find him.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 03:30 AM
link   
what i was saying was history is someones view of what happened in the past. therefore everyone has their own opinoin and as time continues people have opinons on what they said and then on what they said bout what they said. and the further you go the more things change and differ from the actual events that happened there. so things could of been changed to suit peoples needs and how would you know? you wouldnt cause you werent there and you dont have a prime or secondary source

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I'm tired and angry. People annoy me. You say or youi don not say Gos doesn't or does exist. I don't have to spea elooquestly to prove a point. I just want to know---who's side are YOU on?

If you don't choose, you still have made choice.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Yes, HE does. You just gotta keep trying. It's not his business to answer to YOU. It's your busness to find him.

I'll bet you just loved that movie "The Rapture", didn't you?

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Satyr, correct me if I'm wrong, but reading your coments I have noticed that you think all religious people are some poor fools who know nothing else but religion, who are not capable of living this life properly, who read their religious books 24/7 and nothing else, who are just folowers, sheep.

Now I think thats a generalisation, stereotype and a version of 16th century religion.

I am a very religious person. In a few months I will have a masters degree in pharmacy ( note: science), I speak several languages, have lots of friends, go to the movies from time to time to see the same movies you watch. I eat the same food you eat.
My life is not that deiffernt from yours, except that I practice religion and you dont. That doesnt make me close-minded, a sheep, whatever. That just makes me a believer in God and life after death.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The only truth is that there is no truth.

First, if you were born and raised by some tribe in the jungle you wouldn't know a thing about the universe or the causalities around you. consider your perceptions of sentience a gift of the random you are lucky to be born in this time and place.

Second, if we are capable in sentience to know that we ARE, why is it so hard to believe that something knows more? That it might reside on a higher 'stage' of cosmological physicality-If you stand far enough back from any observable phenomena, you will see 'the bigger picture.'

You might say yeah, but they aren't Gods they're aliens.
This means two things: One would believe they are of equal intellect with God, and/or that they would refuse a creator or progenitor race as nonessential to acknowledgement for or by humans being. Second, if we created A.I. would we not become what we 'think' gods are? Would we not have to decide how to instruct or guide that which we had made and were responsible for?

Third, why attack the viewpoints of so many people, for to apply faith to personal relationships draws a line in the sand between yourself and everyone else of other denomination, this includes self proclaimed Atheists.

Finally can you REALLY???!!! stand and be so arrogant in your personally perceived conciousness (when you can offer your mind its own locality let me know) as to speak from a standpoint of a being that hasn't seen beyond the perceived world we know and the limitless cosmos over infinite time? Is it becuase you need to ignore a deeper fear that there could be a God, or do you really feel this way. I am not trying to offend you but God (conceptually or existentially perceived) offers hope, faith, self improvement, and purpose. For to have no God one would think a person would be fearless of their own abilities and skills. Atheists are a very sad and lonely people. Pessimistic at best. I speak from knowledge and experience as I have many friends who are Atheists. But then again isn't saying you are an Atheist just another way of saying you are without hope?

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Satyr my logic is actually very simple Atheism is a faith and nothing else. Everything that has been presented here with respect to it being more than that has been easily debunked.

Neither is it the result of scientific inquiry nor in any way can it be defined as a more appropriate way to think (again it is simply a belief, faith and or hope)

What Colonel has expressed is a relevant issue Satyr; I cannot go beyond pointing you in a certain direction.

Given that prophets are mutations, which can be described as the result of punctuated equilibrium and there responses relate the existence of God. To claim those responses are just the result of environmental conditions (the times he or she is living in) bespeaks of a one sided (and very poor) argument.

Any thoughts?

[Edited on 22-9-2003 by Toltec]

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
i didn't read all the pages i just found this thread i'm replying to the first post haha

might i point out that albert einstein said there must be some sort of creator because theres far too much organization in the universe, how do u explain that? i don't believe in "god" being a seperate entity from us, i believe that we all are part of "god" or it, the isness as huxley would say
i think the christian "God" was used more for control and exploitation of the people, aswell as a justification for the slaughter of millions of heathens lmao
also your name says anarchism, well unless u know what anarchy really is u likely want something taht goes against ur logical thought arguements, cuz anarchism as most people want it is not logical lol

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Hmmm??? I can't see the rest of the posts??? Glitch??

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Actually Hmmm there are records of history which are not part of the mainstream, one example is with respect to Native American Indians.

There are of course others.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
whats your pont toltec? that some things arent lied about or changed a little. maybe but i'm sure lots more are changed. its like the example my teacher used. you set a group of people in a circle and tell one person a secret and you tell taht person to tell the exact thing you said to him to the next person and so on. eventually the story gets changed to something thats not even like what the original thing being told was.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I tried to reply earlier, but my post went to oblivion, I guess.
That's ok. I'm done arguing with people who only believe what they want to. Faith and hope are two entirely different things.

[Edited on 9-22-2003 by Satyr]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join