It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods Dont Exist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:27 PM
link   
AnarchistSuperstar
You still believe that atheist crap and it is crap for I "been there, done that" and I know the atheist crap is crap. Hell I have heard damn near every atheist argument made. They all been around a long time before you were every born. Most of the stuff was old hat when your grand parents were kids. So if you want to throw out the word crap concerning beliefs. Well the atheist crap is crap.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchistSuperstar
The horror is this: In the end, it is simply a picture of empty meaningless blackness. We are alone. There is nothing else."

Then how would you explain those who have died and come back to life- the things they've witnessed?
Magestica

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I asked him that same question numerous times and he hasn't answered that yet...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I apologize..I was only reading his particular responses when deciding to ask that..Well then, hopefully we'll receive an answer that satisfies us all.

(Don't drink and post)

[Edited on 9/13/03 by magestica]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I know lots of theists who became atheists. I doubt you've ever seriously been an atheist.

If they came back to life, they never really died. When you die, you stay dead, that simple.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:53 PM
link   
AnarchistSuperstar:
Indeed I was a true atheist once upon a time and unless you want to call me a liar, I was as hard as one could get. (I also had enough sense to keep my mouth shut in a room full of theists). I have found that atheists are generally the most close minded (and that included me) bunch of people who have ever walked the face of this planet. Atheists can only view the world one way and are unwilling to truly look at the possibility of existences beyond our physical realm.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Then explain this:

She was referred to a doctor who had pioneered a daring surgical procedure known as "hypothermic cardiac arrest." It allowed Pam's aneurysm to be excised with a reasonable chance of success. This operation, nicknamed "standstill" by the doctors who perform it, required that Pam's body temperature be lowered to 60 degrees, her heartbeat and breathing stopped, her brain waves flattened, and the blood drained from her head. In everyday terms, she was put to death. After removing the aneurysm, she was restored to life.

www.near-death.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
No actual reason to believe it is that simple, again as Einstein phrased it "spooky action at a distance".

To consider that the mind simply switches from observing reality from the perspective of a particle to a wave based orientation is not unrealistic.

This is what you said...

Oh yeah, Science knows what all exists.

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
So High and Mighty, Yet you haven't given ONE solid fact.

methinks you nothing more than a pseudo intellectual.

So man knows the workings of the universe and beyond? I think not, so how can you disprove anything? To disprove something you need facts, which you have none.

But tell yourself what you must to help you sleep at night.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I cant look at anything beyond the physical realm because theres no evidence to support that. In other words, no one cant see what isnt there, I dont want to speculate on illogical crap to make myself feel better about the troublesome parts of life.

Yes, I read about that story. She didnt die. If she died, she would still be dead. Go to a cemetary and tell me death isnt permanent. Just prove me wrong.

How can I disprove things without facts? Simple, I dont disprove things without facts. For example: A deity is defined as a sentient being which possesses special powers, such as omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, etc.

I can disprove square triangles. It cannot be a triangle and yet a square at the same time. For this reason, does God exist in hell? He has to if he is omnipresent. Yet, they say he doesnt. Consider that.

Consider this: The bible tells people if they drink deadly poison, it wont hurt them. Many christians have been poisoned and died.

Consider this: Can a deity make a rock bigger than it can lift? If so, it cannot lift it. If not, it cannot make one bigger than he can lift. This demonstrates that everything is bound by the laws of logic, and is not truly omnipotent.

Meaning? Well, deities dont exist. Its the 21st century, time to move on.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Now you're rambling again...

It was fun making an a$$ out of you earlier, but now it's boring and repetitive...

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchistSuperstar
I cant look at anything beyond the physical realm because theres no evidence to support that.

What a bull# argument.
There was once no evidence to point to the World being anything other than flat.
Just because you can't see something doesn't mean that it isn't there.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Okay Skadi_the_Evil_Elf and AnarchistSuperstar debunk this:

Debunk, what, a bunch of biblical ranting crap?

What exactly were you trying to prove with that thread, jag? Pointing out historical crap in the Holy Babble?

Its the saem thing with all prophecy. It could be said the Norse predicted nuclear war, if you read the myth of the Ragnarok. You can twist anything into any meaning you so well desire, if you look hard enough.

The claims that people predicted thousands of years ago things that happened thousands of years ago was pretty lame. Everyone back then had soothsayers who claimed they predicted this and that. the Greeks had them, the Egyptians, every friggin religion had them.

Were you trying to prove some sort of point with this post, jag?

Jesus wasnt the only philanthripoc sacrificed "messiah". there were others before him.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I must complement you on your vast knowledge of history and the Bible which is exceeded only by the likes of men such as Raymond Babbitt. The quality of scholarship in your post is overwhelming and quite persuasive taking posting at ATS 2.0 to a new level of excellence typical of the august Raymond Babbitt.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Antichristsuperstar have you ever heard of Bells Theorem, before you look it up check a dictionary and see the definition for the word Theorem.

Do you know what EPR paradox is? Bells Theorem is the fact that explains why it happens.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about??

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Give him a bit Toltec....he'll have to look it up before he can answer.
"Science knows all......"

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Once again, I have to post this. It couldn't be truer, and I get tired of explaining this when it only falls on deaf ears.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Lets see trust people who go on the internet and call themselves Satyr, Antichristsuperstar and Shakid the evil elf or, consider the standpoint of my own culture for the last 30,000 years????

Hmmmm

Sorry guys, perhaps if at least one of you would provide some factual and beyond any shadow of doubt evidence.

Do you have any?

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
No amount of evidence can convince the brainwashed. It's pointless to even try to show you logic.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I think atheists can only argue because they are just smart enough to see the bible is a load of hooey. So they see the bible as hooey but yet use it to form another opposite belief. Hmm, what a powerful book eh?

I was force fed religion back when I was lil kid. The first thing I did when I was allowed to decide for myself was become an atheist. The problem is a lot of people can't make it beyond that point. Oh well, there is no amount of evidence that would change there minds. And the ones that have gone beyond atheism need no evidence.

(Lose Your Illusion II)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join