It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gods Dont Exist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I don't consider us anything special at all.

I am sure my personal religious beliefs would be considered Blasphemy.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Quote from AnarchistSuperstar
Why should I have to debunk that crap, jag?

Because fulfilled prophecy is evidence of a supernatural event (a future event has been predicted). This is something normal human beings cannot do. Hence evidence of the supernatural indicating that there is an existence beyond our physical universe. I thought you were up to the challenge with you vast store house of knowledge.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Wow Seekerof. You're sad.

You believe what you believe, which is irrelevent and obvious. You believe in a deity, thats nice. Nature/Reality = Congruent. Thats the empirical evidence that disproves all deities, deny it as much as you want, you wont gain footing.

Is it rational to believe in something illogical without a reason? No. Therefore you're irrational and delusional. I cannot help that, take it up with the entire scientific and psyciatric community.

If believe in god is irrational, then not believing in gods is rational?

Right on. Show me a person who worships Zeus who is sane. You have the rest of your life. And no, an Atheist doesnt believe "nothing." An Atheist believes everything, everything that exists for that matter.

We're not Nihilists.

And about that stupid Daniel crap?

www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...

Along with many others debunking it. You people will believe anything.

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by AnarchistSuperstar]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnarchistSuperstar
And no, an Atheist doesnt believe "nothing." An Atheist believes everything, everything that exists for that matter.

Lol!!! All the while science still doesn't know what all exists...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
www.ccmep.org...

How do you like them apples, Jag?

palestineday.eccmei.net...

Oooh, you must be wet.

Israel is a vampire. A murderous, monstrous evil vampire. And its nothing religious, its just bullshyte.

Oh yeah, Science knows what all exists.

What exists is real, what is real is what exists. Not too hard to comprehend.

A lie is a lie is a GOD. Thats not too hard to comprehend either.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Antichristsuperstar you are welcome at this forum but would prefer your language be respectful, as far as personal attacks against members

Beyond that feel free to present your point.

Believing that God does exist or does not has nothing to do with irrational behavior, rather than turn this into a lecture take my word for it.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Holding an irrational belief (in religion) in spite of invalidating evidence (making you delusional) is illogical, and denial of this evidence makes you (in denial, and ignorant of the facts)

Every theist is ignorant, delusional, illogical, irrational, and in denial. Not my problem. And I'm not calling names, I'm diagnosing. I care about my sanity, while you obviously, do not.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Oh yeah, Science knows what all exists.

So why is Dark Matter for example, still a mystery??? Why are they still making new discoveries???

What exists is real, what is real is what exists. Not too hard to comprehend.

Then how about these???

And physicists who smash atoms together have witnessed the conversion of energy into matter--"virtual" photons that flit in and out of existence just long enough to spawn the particles of exotic matter routinely observed in particle accelerators.

www.hep.princeton.edu...

"Science and engineering students have learned for years that the electron has a constant electronic strength, but now we've seen that this may not be the case," says David Koltick, professor of physics at Purdue.

Koltick says his research shows that the electromagnetic force from the electron, or its electronic strength, may increase toward the particle's central core.

According to his data, surrounding the electron's core is a fuzzy "cloud" of virtual particles, which wink in and out of existence in pairs. One particle in the pair is positively charged, the other negatively charged.

www.purdue.edu...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I said we know what all exists, not that we are omniscient. If its real, it exists. Therefore we know that everything real exists. No biggie here, eh? Well, there you have it. Science knows everything that exists.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

My response to you antichristsuperstar the last time you brought up that matter

Its about half way down and presents the definition of the term delusional.

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I said we know what all exists, not that we are omniscient. If its real, it exists. Therefore we know that everything real exists. No biggie here, eh? Well, there you have it. Science knows everything that exists.

Now you're rambling...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Quote from AnarchistSuperstar
Holding an irrational belief (in religion) in spite of invalidating evidence (making you delusional) is illogical, and denial of this evidence makes you (in denial, and ignorant of the facts)

Every theist is ignorant, delusional, illogical, irrational, and in denial. Not my problem. And I'm not calling names, I'm diagnosing. I care about my sanity, while you obviously, do not.

Holding a belief that there cannot be an existence beyond our physical realm when there is evidence that such a realm does exist is also ignorant, delusional, illogical, irrational, and in denial. Open your mind to possibilities. You are as close minded as anyone.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
No, there is no evidence that anything exists beyond the physical, in fact its been disproven. Toltec:

de�lu�sion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-lzhn)
n.

The act or process of deluding.
The state of being deluded.
A false belief or opinion: labored under the delusion that success was at hand.
Psychiatry. A false belief strongly held in spite of invalidating evidence, especially as a symptom of mental illness: delusions of persecution.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Oh yeah, jagdflieger, about that...

I posted this in my first discussion with him...

A Lawyer Presents the Case for the Afterlife
Irrefutable Objective Evidence
-- by Victor Zammit

No reply on that yet...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
The fact that science has yet to understand all of the
human brain, I hardly think science is at this point capable of actually disproving "Gods" existence. You can theorize it as much as you want, but it all boils down to whether you believe or not. While I admit the major religions barely even comprehend the full complexity and intelligence of such a being.

And on death itself and the theory of afterlife, even science proves that everything is intertwined, when matter decomposes it helps create new life. So with that in mind, it could be probable that our conciousness (what lets me know who I am and that I exist) doesnt really die it simply moves on and new life begins, this could explain why people have memories of past lives and experiences.

How can we disprove God's existence when we dont fully understand our own?

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Wow Seekerof. You're sad.

You believe what you believe, which is irrelevent and obvious. You believe in a deity, thats nice. Nature/Reality = Congruent. Thats the empirical evidence that disproves all deities, deny it as much as you want, you wont gain footing.

Is it rational to believe in something illogical without a reason? No. Therefore you're irrational and delusional. I cannot help that, take it up with the entire scientific and psyciatric community.

If believe in god is irrational, then not believing in gods is rational?

Right on. Show me a person who worships Zeus who is sane. You have the rest of your life. And no, an Atheist doesnt believe "nothing." An Atheist believes everything, everything that exists for that matter.

We're not Nihilists.

And about that stupid Daniel crap?

www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...
www.infidels.org...

Along with many others debunking it. You people will believe anything.

No....
What is sad is that you close your mind to what is self-evident....to the possible....to things that cannot be fathomed nor understood by the limited mind of man....thats whats truly sad.

You have been reading too much from here:
atheism.about.com...

and a few toher sites.

I may be whatever you deem and percieve me to be, doesn't matter to me...I am who I am and you nor anyone else will and can change that. Your argument still remains mute and unempirical. You just don't see it and thats what is truly sad.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
As far as sciences knowing everything see link...

www.courseworkbank.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I checked out the web pages posted concerning the Book of Daniel and did not find anything dealing with Daniel 9:21-9:27. About all they did was to attempt to prove that the book of Daniel was written in the second century B.C. (The earliest copy of Daniel dates around 125 B.C.)

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That daniel crap was exactly that, crap. I'm sorry if that rattled your cage a bit.

Anyways... When we die, cognitive function ends. We dont have emotions or think anymore. And eventually our body begins decomposition and plants extract nutrients from it, bugs lay eggs in it, animals eat the flesh, etc... It promotes the cycle of life, right. Still, how does that prove that your brain lives on? It becomes mush.

Means nothing, really. But if it makes you feel better at night, sure.

--------------------

"Stood in firelight, sweltering. Bloodstain on chest like map of violent new continent. Felt cleansed. Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in the night."

"Looked at sky through smoke heavy with human fat and god was not there. The cold, suffocating dark goes on forever, and we are alone..."

"Live our lives, lacking anything better to do. Devise reason later. Born from oblivion; bear children, hell-bound as ourselves go into oblivion. There is nothing else."

"Existence is random. Has no pattern save what we imagine after staring at it for too long. No meaning save what we choose to impose."

"This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not god who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us."

"Streets stank of fire. The void breathed hard on my heart, turning its illusions to ice, shattering them. Was reborn then, free to scrawl own design on this morally blank world. Was Rorschach."

"Does that answer your questions, doctor?"

P.2:

"Diana remembered that their babysitter had to be home early and they left soon after dinner. Gloria went into the bedroom. I followed her. She walked out again, into the hall."

"I sat on the bed. She came in, waearing her coat, subjected me to a lot of crude sexual insults, went out. The front door slammed."

"Why do we argue? Life's so fragile, a successful virus clinging to a speck of mud, suspended in endless nothing."

"Next week, I could be putting her into a garbage sack, placing her outside for collection."

"I sat on the bed. I looked at the Rorschach blot. I tried to pretend it looked like a spreading tree, shadows pooled beneath it, but it didn't. It looked more like a dead cat I once found, the fat, glistening grubs writhing blindly, squirming over each other, frantically tunneling away from the light. But even that is avoiding the real horror. The horror is this: In the end, it is simply a picture of empty meaningless blackness. We are alone. There is nothing else."

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I never claimed we knew everything, you're putting words in my mouth. I claimed we know everything that exists through simple logic. And about that daniel crap, there is tons of resources out there debunking it, I snatched a couple resources for you to skim through.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join