It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA have weapone in space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The weapon is to *defend* USA.
www.thebulletin.org...

Just read here, I think they use it more to spot rockets, UFO's too.
Sorry if this is posted before, I try to find a post about this, but cold not find it.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I love this little quote from the article.

We are a top space nation," he answered. "No one is better than Norway in space technology at the moment."

Thats interesting tell that to the countries that put men into orbit. USA, Russia and China, they might have a different opinion. I cant remember Norway putting a human into space.

As for weapons..The only weapons banned in space that im aware of is WMDs described in the 1967 Outer space treaty.

calling upon States to refrain from placing in orbit around the Earth any objects carrying nuclear weapons or any other kinds of weapons of mass destruction or from installing such weapons on celestial bodies, which was adopted unanimously by the United Nations General Assembly on 17 October 1963,

Its only a radar anyway hardly a weapon even if all weapons were banned from space.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I get Canada's CBC and I was watching it one night. Canada's defense minister was talking about whether his country was going to join the U.S' BMD program. He started talking about how Canada opposes weaponizing space (even though nothing lives there). Then he said the U.S had recently launched a satellite into space that carried a small interceptor for self-defense. If he was telling the truth then space is already weaponized.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Missile defence capability? Radar?

Since when are these considered weapons?

In any this, this doesn't look the slighest bit threatening to anyone - that being the major military powers.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
Missile defence capability? Radar?

Since when are these considered weapons?

Maybe only if it were an AESA radar.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
yeah, I think the treaty is for nukes only...but whenever there talk of ANY space weaponization everyone goes nuts. Like the Rods from God...I think would be a great weapon, but if they launched it up they would get a lot of heat from through out the world and other nations would want a counter, so they would lob there weapon up as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:16 AM
link   
techinically , linear accelerators (mass drivers etc) would be WMD`s as well.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well, like most who've posted here I must say that this is NOT about US weapons in space.
I think the name of this thread is at best misleading.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by intelgurl]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
other nations would want a counter, so they would lob there weapon up as well.

I don't think thats necessarily true. The U.S is the only advanced country that could afford it, not too mention would actually want to do so.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If Radars count as weapons then what about knives?
Don't the astronauts have them in the shuttles? And what would happen if a knife (or fork) was to hit the earth (say thrown by super accurate material arts artists?).
Personally I wouldn’t believe there all for catering purposes (especially China) (as the Chinese are supposed to be very good with knives).
Also have you seen them with plates? Apparently it puts the China back into China! And if a plate hit the earth it wouldn’t even burn up, so imagine the damage done to a city like Washington?

Seriously though don't you know that almost every missile is directed by a satellite in space, or have you not heard of GPS? (Was designed to navigate the troops). So in a way there’s lots of weapons in space.
It’s an interesting article but I wish you had put "U.S has radar in space".
Also does the U.S have any real weapons in space? Heard China has been working on anti satellite technology.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Liberal
Also does the U.S have any real weapons in space? Heard China has been working on anti satellite technology.

no.

and it wouldn't suprise me if China was working on anti-sat tech. The US is and has several anti-satellite satellites, up there now, and are working on bunch of new types, some simply ram there satellite into the other...simply destroying the 2 sats. other fire projectiles at them, and new designs are trying to do it electronically...so one satellite could take out many satellites.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Don't know if this thread is alive or not but i found several interesting websites pertaining to the subject of space warfare. I found them really interesting but make up your own mind.

-www.strangehorizons.com...-www.strangehorizons.com...

Quite realistic in my opinion and worth a look.

BTW, first post

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

and it wouldn't suprise me if China was working on anti-sat tech. The US is and has several anti-satellite satellites, up there now, and are working on bunch of new types, some simply ram there satellite into the other...simply destroying the 2 sats. other fire projectiles at them, and new designs are trying to do it electronically...so one satellite could take out many satellites.

China was rumored to be acquiring the MiG-31s with ASAT capability from the russians..
That was sometime during the last decade or so..
Although that didn't materialize..
Also note that the primary long term intention china's manned space program (beyond the pride etc etc.) is a potent armed presence in space..

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Who remembers the most recent James Bond Movie. Do you think such a weapon is possible? How would it work? My bet is a really large solar collector attached to a microwave weapon but does anyone think it will ever be used?

I personally think microwaves will become the energy weapon of choice in many areas, including space warfare.

top topics

join