It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Absolute Silence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Can someone try to explain this for me?

For instance, when you are in a 100% completely quiet room, no A/C, no electronic devices running, no outside noises... nothing at all, you can hear almost a kinda of "pulsating ringing" in your ear... Does this correspond to the "vibrational" state we are in? Is there any reason for this little bit of a ringing noise? Does it mean anything? Am i looking into this to much?

I would always hear this ringing when i would be sitting in my parents car in the garage when i was younger. Also it was weird when i tried to clear my mind and completely not think of anything, the ringing got louder in my ear.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I can't find the threads, but I know this has been talked about before.

The noises are the sounds you make. Your body has it's own electrical current, your blood still moves, muscles twitch etc. Some people hear their own currents.

That is what you are hearing.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Oh thank God!!! I have raised this issue with my wife and friends a number of times and every single time they have looked at me as though I were insane. I have no idea what this vibration noise is, but I am extremely gratified that I am not the only one who can hear it. I am certain that there is a rational explanation for it, but my efforts to convince my wife and friends that it is real have all met with dismal failure.

The noises are the sounds you make. Your body has it's own electrical current, your blood still moves, muscles twitch etc. Some people hear their own currents.

That is what you are hearing.

Sounds reasonable enough to me.
I have found that focusing on this noise can increase its volume, although this may merely be a result of becoming more attentive to it.

[edit on 11/10/05 by Jeremiah25]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd
you can hear almost a kinda of "pulsating ringing" in your ear... Does this correspond to the "vibrational" state we are in? Is there any reason for this little bit of a ringing noise? Does it mean anything? Am i looking into this to much?

I don't think you are reading too much into this at all, noslenwerd.

Tinnitus is a phenomenon of the nervous system connected to the ear, characterised by perception of a ringing or beating sound (often perceived as sinusoidal) with no external source. This sound may be quiet, or loud enough to drown out all outside sounds.

Tinnitus

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
edit- Sanctum beat me to it. Never mind.

[edit on 10/11/2005 by yeahright]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Been to a lot of loud concerts? Construction sites? Airports? Etc...

those things can cause tinnitus, the condition mentioned above, and yeah... it would be kind of like a ringing, or maybe a buzzing.

Lots of people have this, it's just sometimes hard to express and describe so others might not know exactly what you're talking about.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Lots of people have this, it's just sometimes hard to express and describe so others might not know exactly what you're talking about.

Indeed, this has been the exact problem I have had in trying to convince people that I am not merely insane. It is difficult to describe a noise that isn't really audible. Treatments are available for it, though, so I'd check with your GP if I were you noslenwerd.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Could be 4 things

1, Tinnitus.

2, You may not suffer from it but the air pressure around your ear can cause 'noise' (like in a sea shell from the sea shore).

3, The blood pumping around your ears.

4, Madness. Do you have any black hairs on the back of your hand?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I've had tinnititus for years and years. I can't recall when it first became obvious.
I do know when I was sick a few years back and taking quite a bit of aspiring, it got pretty loud and it's not gone away since.

I don't think there is a paranormal connection here, and this sould be in the Medical forum of BTS.

new topics

top topics

join