It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the World? Not Likely, Scientists Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The recent spate of natural disasters may be horrifying, but they are normal, say scientists. Earthquake activity and the frequency of large earthquakes hasn't changed over the past million years. As for hurricanes, the busy tropical weather period is part of a natural cycle and this is not the first time for these very active hurricane periods.

www.livescience.com
The recent spate of natural disasters affecting the globe "might be" signs that the Biblical apocalypse is near, says Christian televangelist Pat Robertson.

On an Oct. 9 episode of CNN's "Late Edition," the preacher noted that hurricanes such as Katrina and Rita and earthquakes like the ones that struck Pakistan this past weekend and the tsunami-causing one that struck Indonesia last December are hitting with "amazing regularity."

Trenberth said that he "thinks its part of the general [socio-political] climate that seems to exists in the country today, fostered partly perhaps by this administration and their lack of credence to science."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Scientists rain on the parade of the eco-apocalyptic pundits, because they were getting tired of the sky is falling mantra, based on skewed facts.

Natural Disasters: Top 10 U.S. Threats

Although it may be the end of humanity through global warfare, but that's another story.

Top 10 Ways to Destroy Earth

Related News Links:
msnbc.msn.com

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

[edit on 10/15/05 by FredT]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Finally some one says that the end of the world isnt comming, unlike so many other posts where every one is getting prepared and has a bad feeling, and these must all be from global warming....

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I'm still gonna worry about Polar Shifting, to a certain extent, at least. That's one environmental catastrophy that I cannot seem to stop worrying about.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by FibroKat
I'm still gonna worry about Polar Shifting, to a certain extent, at least. That's one environmental catastrophy that I cannot seem to stop worrying about.

Its going to happen sooner or later infact we are way past due I think for one. But the polar shifts dont really bother me I havent found any evidence of mass extinctions that go along with the times these shifts happened in the past.

Now for asteroid or comet impacts now those are scary IMHO and evidence points to mass extinctions during these events. Once again its not a matter of if but when we will have another impact.

new topics

top topics

join