It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's With All The Natural Disasters?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Well...

They happen all the time and have done since the beginning of time. When people say "wow something big must be approaching because look at how many earthquakes/hurricanes/etc etc have happened" you have to realise that we are only being subjected to it so much because of what we now have, i.e TV and internet. A hundred years ago you wouldn't even hear about a major earthquake in Asia, but it still happened.

Now-a-days we just had the available means of passing on the news very fast, pretty much instantaniously.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It could be something the Bible predicted. You never know. Things have been calm for the past 50 years and now we're getting slammed. I think I'll get my Bible out from under the wobbly table leg and see if I can't find what it says.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There has not been any increase in the number of natural disasters worldwide. Now we have live satellite video from anywhere in the world.

Disasters happened all the time in the past. We just didn't hear about them.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
More People on Earth = more people afected by random events.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I believe there is also a tendency, because of population growth and the allure of beach front property, to live in places at risk.

Why else would we live in such places where, 100 or more years ago, catastrophy struck, killing thousands? Places like Vancouver, San Francisco, New York, Ottawa have all been subject to violence in the past, yet we throng to live there, deciding that it won't happen during our lifetimes.

New Orleans was marked for what happened...everyone knew it was only a matter of time, but people lived there anyways, ignoring the warnings.

These are the examples in the richest part of the world...in third world countries, at least they have the grace of not having a choice...they live in those zones because they must or starve.

If 2,000 scientists all shrieked in unison that Seattle and Vancouver COULD be destroyed next week by a giant quake...how many people would leave? And how many leaders of industry would say, "wait a minute, lets be calm...how do we know these guys are right?"

We're arrogant and feel lucky and just figure it'll never happen to 'me'.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Add to the mix that the MSM is flooding us with 24/7 coverage of these events, with pre-event coverage and post-event coverage until many of us can take it anymore. It numbs my brain.

I also think the MSM wants to instill fear into the populace.

Trust me, though. What we have been experiencing in the last couple of years PALES in comparison to the cataclysmic events in the mid-sixth century. Floods, drought, weird weather, disease, famine, crop failure, political upheaval, population migration.
en.wikipedia.org...

tex

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alikospah
It could be something the Bible predicted. You never know. Things have been calm for the past 50 years and now we're getting slammed. I think I'll get my Bible out from under the wobbly table leg and see if I can't find what it says.

It was said on the news earlier that, worldwide earthquakes greater than 7.4 on the richter scale, have gone down 6 years in a row, there have been 14 this year and last year there were 16 I think. The thing about the most recent earthquake is it has affected so many people. The hurricane season has just been busy, but we get a season like this every so often, it's just that Texas and Louisiana haven't been affected by a major storm in recent history until now. And Rita and Katrina came as a 1-2 punch is all.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Yes, there is no doubt in my mind that things have definately picked up. I understand that in the past terrible things have happened... But i don't recall The World Ever being this active within recorded history.

In the Same Year: Super Storms hit both America and China, Tsunami in Sumatra, Massive Antipodal Earth Quakes, Weird Weather, Floods...

I think that the Answer we are looking for has to be one of these 3 choices...

1. These the signs predicted in the Bible, right before the rise of the AntiChrist and followed by the return of Christ

2. The Sun moves in long Patterns of Sun Spots and Solar Storms, and the Earth's Magnetic Field is suffering... but like all phases one day we will return to a period of normalcy.

3. American Military has control of Space Based Scalar Weapons, thanks Tesla!, and the HAARP Array, to control the Weather and Earth Quakes.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't it a Volcanic Eruption in the 6th century that caused the crops failures, flooding, and weird weather... probably caused by the Earth Quakes.

Maybe its just Time for one of the Worlds Super Volcanos to release a little heat. Sumatra or Yellowstone?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Something very strange IS happening.

*Major earth quakes within a short period of time from one another

*1st tropical storm to EVER hit Spain

*They were just talking about the possibility of a major earth quake happening in Tennesse, and guess what happened this morning? A small 3.3 earth quake hit in Tennesse!!!!!!!! What the heck?!?!?

*20+" of snow hits Colorado first week of October

*several more I can't think of right now because it's too early

End of days? The start of the end of days? I don't know............

[edit on 12-10-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by meshuggah1324
Something very strange IS happening.

*Major earth quakes within a short period of time from one another

*1st tropical storm to EVER hit Spain

*They were just talking about the possibility of a major earth quake happening in Tennesse, and guess what happened this morning? A small 3.3 earth quake hit in Tennesse!!!!!!!! What the heck?!?!?

*20+" of snow hits Colorado first week of October

*several more I can't think of right now because it's too early

End of days? The start of the end of days? I don't know............

[edit on 12-10-2005 by meshuggah1324]

This is exactly what I meant by my first post. Natural disasters have been happening since the beginning of time, it's just now we have such resources as media (TV news, Radio, Internet, ATS) we are told about them straight away and repeatedly.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Tropical weather activity is increasing, however earthquake activity is not.

End of the World? Not Likely, Scientists Say

According to the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), the period between 1970 to 1994 saw on average about 9 tropical storms in the Atlantic basin, with about 7 of those turning into hurricanes. From 1995 to 2004, that number jumped to 14 tropical storms and12 hurricanes.

2005 is likely to surpass them all, said Kevin Trenberth, the head of climate analysis at NCAR.

Seth Stein, a seismologists at Northwestern University's Weinberg College of Arts and Sciences, thinks everything is as it should be, at least as far as earthquakes go.

End of days? I hear no trumpets, do you?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The year is 2005, and like other times in history, a certain cycle is happening, yes, its been prophesized before, and so were other cycles. I think the earth likes to cleanse itself of us on a regular basis, say every 100 years or so...like a dog shaking water off its fur.... Its time again...
I highly doubt "God" is trying to kill us
Mother earth has had it with us and from what i gather, God maybe indifferent at this point.

I wish all the suffering would end. I dont blame our heavenly father though. Its a bad cycle. Its a sad cycle.

Religious afficionados may think we are being punished... If thats true i say punish "the source" of all that is evil and leave the innocents alone.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
ok i agree, because of our level of worldwide media coverage we are made aware of desasters that would have gone unnoticed in the western world a undred years ago,
but how come whenever these desasters hit they are always the biggest or whatever in recorde dhistory the biggest storm the biggest earthquake , read what meshuggah said, 1st tropical storm to EVER hit spain.
i dont know where you people live so it may be different , i live in the uk and and my parents have told me stories of when they were kids and it used to snow every year and have really deep snow up to like a couple of feet , ive never seen anything like that in my life and really the only time i can remember real snow that settled and not just makes a kind of slushy mess is when i was a kid (im 26) . all im saying is the earth is deffinatly getting warmer everyone knows this and it just seems like right now somethings starting to happen, this many large scale events in the space of a year is strange

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Natural Disasters happens all the time, although i have to admit it is a bit odd those few years wiht all the hugh Natural Disasters, like the Katrina and the recent big earthquake in Pakistan.

i say one thing..
THE END IS NEAR!!!

no, just kidding
i says it's because of goble warming... or you can just blame it on the USA saying that they have a weather control device or Bush cause thats what everyone is doing.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
All things goes in cycles - this is the ebb and flow of life. There have been a number of major disasters over recent years and all indications are this will continue. I believe this is a result of a combination of things:

1. Natural order of ebb and flow - cycles
2 Warming
3. Changes in the solar system
4. In the past when people lived in tents the impact would not have been as great on lives

There have been forecasts for sometime of an increase in disasters and some big one still to come if predictions are anything to go by. Thats life..

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by luka1222
ive never seen anything like that in my life and really the only time i can remember real snow that settled and not just makes a kind of slushy mess is when i was a kid (im 26)

UK - And the forecast for this winter is… bitterly cold with heavy snow and power blackouts
Forecasters are predicting unusually low temperatures and greater than average snowfall from December until the end of January and have sent out an official warning to utility firms.

Coldest winter for decade could spark energy crisis
Britain has not had a particularly cold winter for ten years, but some experts believe that temperatures over the coming months could plummet as low as the winters of the 1970s.

Looks like your about to experience those winters of yore.
Be careful what ya pray for, ya might just get it....

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think that at this point and time, it is indesputable that the human race has dealt considerable damage to the planet. When you think of every automobile, factory, power plant, and landfill out there, it really is staggering.

It seems like environmental awareness really got moving in the early or mid-ninties. But the global pollution has been occuring since the mid-1800s. Environmentally, I think we blew past the point of no return so long ago we can't remember what it looked like. (My guess is that occured sometime in the 1950s or 1960s.)

The environment doesn't operate on a human nine-to-five timetable either - my concern is that there can be a severe lag between when pollutants and environmental destruction occurs and when the after-effects are felt.

The current trend of humanity is to destroy the environment, despite all the feel-good stuff we're doing right now. There are simply too many people who want too much stuff and produce too much waste.

top topics

join