It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic Propoganda?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alias Jones

Take your chances , and I'll take mine, but when you run out of food and water in a lockdown, quaranteened environment dont come knocking on my door and expect a handout or mercy.

You should already have a well stocked pantry, generator and water supply , irregardless of the recent bird flu propaganda. That's just plain common sense to not rely on the government to save your butt for a multitude of disasters that can occur.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alias Jones
Take your chances , and I'll take mine, but when you run out of food and water in a lockdown, quaranteened environment dont come knocking on my door and expect a handout or mercy.

Jees. That seems kinda harsh. Are you responding to me? Or am I imagining some hostility here because I said I will not live in fear? Whaddup?

Edit: And I haven't had a flu shot for years.

A word on fear... It may be that Alias Jones and I are defining fear differently. I think preparing is just common sense. Fear is a basic motivator in a primal sense, but I have no room in my life for fear on a daily basis. I think it's a matter of definitions.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   
sorry - don't mean to be hostile.

I think we are defining fear differently. I don't think fear is necessarily a bad thing. At times it is , like I said , a bodies natural defence mechanism. However living in fear is something entirely different. I don't live in fear , and hope none of you do either.

I am just saying that H5N1 deserves some logical apprehension and God help us all if it mutates to H2H.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Pandemics do happen. The happen about 4 times a year. It has bee almost 40 years since we have had one.

The 1918 flu strain tells us nothing about how it mutated. It only tells us what to watch for in H5N1. Pandemics will happen if not now then very soon. Bird flu is dangerous because we have no immunity to it. The only hope we have is that our DNA still carries code to fight the flu from the 1918 pandemic.

In a summation of the data pulled from the 1918 flu strain, the new concern is that the flu might escape. Whether it is 1918, H5N1 or whatever strain, a pandemic will happen. Math tells us it will be soon.

The microorganisms will eventually beat us. They have numbers and smarts in their favor. We have FEMA.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   
This article sums up some of the motivations behind the bird flu media blitz:

Industrialized Greed Produces Pandemics
Disease springs out of the struggles of poverty. The profit motive obstructs any downward transfer of wealth in the form of subsidies for better living conditions and for the free worldwide use of medical and pharmaceutical advances. Expending the elite's wealth to subsidize disease prevention and treatment generally is anti-capitalism, by ideological definition it is communism. Under capitalism the existence of disease is perfectly acceptable if it is a source of profit for some, as only winners matter.

The existence of these new diseases is a reverberation from the natural world of the human obsession with capitalism; a sickness of the individual and collective mind is reflected by Nature as disease, a consequence of our actions in conducting human affairs on this planet. Global Warming is another such reverberation. The kernel of disease is the idea that our greed and our bigotry can be practiced in isolation, and that this justification sanctifies the practice. Behold the genius of the marketplace.
www.dissidentvoice.org...

Take a lesson from Katrina: when there's no profit saving your buns, then it's usually too bad for you...c'est la vie.

Immunity can be compromised based on fears:

- You can't see yourself surviving without a vaccine/meds and have anxiety over it. Realistically you probably won't get a shot/meds due supply factors in the wake of a severe pandemic.

-You have deluged yourself with fear and/or promoted fear based propaganda. Thrill kill cult syndrome, love of death and destruction.

- You let the media spin your lifestyle and end up poorer or more in debt as the result, which promotes more anxiety.

The usual outcomes for these fear factors are that you will usually be sicker, suffer anxiety related diseases/illnesses, or even die of a disease/illness before normal life expectancy.

Medical and media industries operate on profit, not sincerity....and they don't give a crap about you, unless you have the funds.

Look around at those who fear sickness most, they usually reflect exactly what they fear and thus they are sick most of the time...catch 22.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Whoa people...slow down.

H5N1 will recombine and cause a pandemic. How deadly? Unknown for sure but proabilities range from 20-50% case fatality rates.

There should be no need of all this "fear" being discussed here. I agreed that fear can be useful as a behavior modifer for the good (being prepared). Fear can also generate the bad things memtioned here as well.
The point being that we all can prepare ourselfs without fear...just common sense.

If your told that something bad is going to happen, would you not then prepare for that event? Sure you would. Ignor for the most part the MSM, as they seldom get the information correct. Instead, do like many others have, make preparations calmly.

There are flu boards out there that have the breaking news hourly. Keep informed and calm.

BTW the 1918 influenza was H1H1

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I agree that fear is bad. I was merely trying to say that these things will happen. So will earthquakes and volcanoes and hurricanes and bombs. DOn't sit around waiting for it. Just accept it and go on with things.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:50 AM
link   
this isn't about the h5n1 strain but about the good 'ol regular flu virus. i know people that work at a large scheduling center for a insurance company, and earlier in the week we were talking about he flu vacines. they said that they were told that there will plenty on vacines and just schedule appointments as normal. just this thurs they were told to stop scheduling for all flu vaccines even 'high risk' people and people that need to re-schedule a previous flu shot appointment will lose the flu shot. of course they are not told why.....could just be a local thing....

now with the bird flu creeping its way to europe and amerika, questions about its easy of transfer to humans,.....maybe certain northern cities will be 'short' on reg flu vaccine....possibly to help spread something..........just rambling

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." Buddha

i dont know what to believe but iam not scared, why worry about something that we dont know anything about or if it even exists, if you start worrying what could be you wouldnt leave your home because lets face it a cow could fall from the sky and crush you too death.

i know no one wants too die but face it that is the only one thing that is promised too you in this life, you may not get bird flu, aids, nuked too death, blown up by terrorists or hit by an asteroid. but you will die might not be today or tommorow or next year, i was scared of death but im beggining to face reality, i was told by the doctors said id be lucky to live past 13 but im here.

so dont be scared get on with life or build a bunker and fear the worst.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join