It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mind reader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:22 AM
link   
try this link, and then can anyone tell me how it works because its got me baffled! PS try it severl times, it hasn't failed on me yet!

mind reader

[edit on 11-10-2005 by waynos]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Answering my own post but I'ver figured it out and I'm annoyed that I fell for it in the first place!

See who else can get it.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by waynos]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Cool... Actually similiar to this thread ... And again you'll see that the magic number is 9 (or rather multiples of 9) ... Look at all the multiples of 9 (18, 27, etc.) and you'll see that they all have the same symbol, and you'll always end up "choosing" one of them...

I think.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:09 AM
link   
yes , thats it. But the clever part is that each time you have a go all the symbols for the numbers that are multiples of nine have changed to another one, but as you have come up with a different answer you don't notice, well, not at first.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:40 AM
link   
9 is the mathematician's best and trickiest friend.

Have you seen the multiplication trick for the 9's?

9x1=
9x2=
9x3=
9x4=

and so on?

IF you spread your fingers out in front of you over a table, palms down and want to know what 4x9 is? Start at the left-most finger (the pinky of your left hand) and tap it on the table, and moving to the right, count to 4, lifting each finger after you tap it until you get to 4. Leave the 4th finger on the table.

Now count the fingers to the left of the 4th finger (3) and count the fingers to the right of the 4th finger (6). Your answer is 36.

It works up to 9x10.

I love 9!

new topics

top topics

join