It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AGH!!! Jesse Jackson invaded my highschool!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I couldnt believe it when i heard about it. Well today us juniors and seniors were herded into the auditorium where jesse jackson and his rainbow push friends were on stage. Basically he talked about the importance of voting and such, got the people who were 17 and up to go get and sign voter registration papers up on the stage. The thing that really bothered me was that he started bad mouthing us republicans ( i live in a hick town in south central texas where everyone is one), he said that republicans lose elections because they dont "try" to get votes from minorities. Blagh, then he did a little questioning with us where he asked "if you know someone at this school thats brought a gun to school please stand up" , nearly EVERYONE in the freaking school stood up, was scary, lol. After he saw how many stood up he made us pray.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
lol. Geroge Bush invaded my high school in early january 2002. national coverage(i think
). nobody was allowed to go exept for the teachers and band people. i just watched it on television. a lot of the people i know (a lot of trustworthy teachers who where there included) claim that there was a sniper on the roof of the school. i'm scared to go to school now.

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by AlienS]

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by AlienS]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Man there were TONS of cops, all the cops in my hick town (like 20, lol). There were also these guys in suits and sunglasses, some of us thought they were FBI agents or Secret Service, but i walked up to one and took a look at his badge, wasnt a fed, was just normal cop. (i guess they were just not wearing their uniform or were detectives. Out of all this there was 1 thing that really bothered me about jesse jackson and his democrat pals. All the cops that were guarding the stage were on were black, while all the white and latino cops were like outside, i just find that insulting, lol.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Just goes to show you that the other guys are not on the level are they?

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Jesse Jackson is the anti-christ.. if we are talking about the "black priest"?

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I wish that Jesse Jacksoninvaded my school, I could show him how big of a wigga I am.

XAOS

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Why does Jesse Jackson even try any more?

He has lost all credibility, and has been proven to be nothing more than a racist con artist and extortionist.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   

He has lost all credibility, and has been proven to be nothing more than a racist con artist and extortionist.

Another Colonel thread? Jeez...

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Why the hell is my name brought up? I wasn't even gonna post anything!

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
Why does Jesse Jackson even try any more?

So, I guess its racist to get students who are of age to do their civic duty and vote. Ok.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hey! Maybe we dont want to talk to that a hole! My opinion based on everything he said was that the only reason he came there was to get some dumb kids to list themselves as democratic voters when they registered there, simple as that. We at my school dont want scum like that here! That jerk even tried to force us to pray with him!!! Since when did we allow democrats going to our public school getting kids to pray with them eh? wtf?

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by AgentMulder320]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentMulder320
Hey! Maybe we dont want to talk to that a hole! My opinion based on everything he said was that the only reason he came there was to get some dumb kids to list themselves as democratic voters when they registered there, simple as that. We at my school dont want scum like that here!

So, to get people to vote is something that you're against and is not worthy of conversation? Don't look at the man. Look at the message.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Jesse Jackson? Oh my

Well if he was speaking neytrally, like: kids you need to register to vote period, and you need to look through the political parties and decide who you like best, what issues important to you, ect.

If he was there trying to convert them to democrats, then its ignoble.

If he was there simply trying to get kids interested in voting and interested in thier govornment, then it will be the first thing he has done that I give a thumbs up to.

new topics

top topics

join