It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, um, how long till the board collaborative book that ties the whole thing down?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I mean, really now. There's thousands of members here, and we can't all manage to get all our eggs sorted out and see what jives and what doesn't? Is it a fear of not having anything to be paranoid about anymore, or what? Like, if we get this thing sorted out, and we have a clear face on the situation, it'll scare the crap out of the bad guys...and that'll be fun. So, uh, let's do it.

Tater.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I think you might need to expand a little on what you mean. I for one have no idea what you are on about, especially the eggs bit.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tatersack888
I mean, really now. There's thousands of members here, and we can't all manage to get all our eggs sorted out and see what jives and what doesn't? Is it a fear of not having anything to be paranoid about anymore, or what? Like, if we get this thing sorted out, and we have a clear face on the situation, it'll scare the crap out of the bad guys...and that'll be fun. So, uh, let's do it.

Tater.

Tater what "thing" do we need to get sorted? And lets do what...?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I think the bong rep our friend took before posting may have scrambled an important message to the ATS community. The constant bickering among conspiracy dorks trying to one-up some website nemesis that claims to have superior conspiratorial intelligence accomplishes Nothing. A lot of credible ideas are shot down by members with a ton of points accumulated, which somehow entitles them to ridicule ideas posted by less experienced and knowledgeable members.

Perhaps I have a case of penis points envy, but I still think you guys let your arrogance get in the way of potentially learning or listening to somebody without the ATS "credentials". Stop going out of your way to be jackasses. Ok Tatersack's post was muddled and incoherent, but for people who try to read between the lines you guys are extremely dense and not worthy of any higher truth other than finding out what jerks you are. That last line is addressed to the community at large.

Tater is calling for a little more solidarity and less stupid banter on this website. Tater here would like to see more collaboration between members for the purpose of demystifying a conspiracy with incontrovertable evidence of its existence. He wants to sort out the conspiracies with truth to them from the ones that are just paranoid fantasies. It also seems to me that few are after any real truth around here. People just want to argue about any little piece of factual information that they can use to discredit the person entirely. I'll battle the rest out somewhere else.

Tater, the way you wrote your post was sketchy and basically sucked. The stoner lingo sounded contrived. I hope you were stoned or joking when you wrote the post, however, I agree with you about all of the ridiculous arguments based on purely speculative assertions that take place here. We should focus more on finding answers that can be supported by facts and won't make us look like lunatics to the general public. A collaborative ATS book would be a very cool thing.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well, what a contridictory post Balthasar. On the one hand you are calling us all arrogant because we pointed out, light-heartedly, that Taters post made little sense and we wanted clarification. Then you go on to describe the post using pejoritave language such as "contrived" and "sucked", which none of us had ever done.

A lot of credible ideas are shot down by members with a ton of points accumulated, which somehow entitles them to ridicule ideas posted by less experienced and knowledgeable members.

Actually everyone is entitled to shoot down and ridicule ideas posted, the number of points is irrelevant. Are you then saying that we shouldn't shoot down ideas? If not how should we:

sort out the conspiracies with truth to them from the ones that are just paranoid fantasies

without shooting any ideas down?

Tater here would like to see more collaboration between members

If you have a proper look round you will see there are specific areas of the site set up exactly for collaboration between members, the general boards are for debate. So that's what we do.

but for people who try to read between the lines you guys are extremely dense and not worthy of any higher truth other than finding out what jerks you are. That last line is addressed to the community at large.

There are 10s of thousands of members on these boards - are you calling them all "dense" and "jerks"? You should be careful you don't get banned, as directly insulting people is against the ATS rules (you have to do it indirectly
). Aside from anything else it is a sweeping generlisation with little meaning.

I love this site because it is one of the few places that hardcore skeptics, complete "believers" and everyone else in-between can come and have robust discussions about just about anything consipricy related or even just controversial. You get everyone here, from the "NWO ate my hamster" types to Phd scientists.

I for one would prefer to see a 1000 more posts from someone like Taters rather than another one of your stuck up, contradictory, completely humourless posts.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Ok, so my grammar sucks, and Bathasar, yeah, the bong rip (notice the 'i') threw me a bit.

What i was trying to say is: Since there are so many people here who seem interested in the subject matter we discuss, why hasn't anyone tried to get everyone's info together, and start sorting it out, as opposed to just blindly shooting off conjectures and guesses into the air.

There are connections everywhere, from the Roman Catholics to the Freemasons, and from the ancient mystery religions to the secret societies...the big picture.

I mean, it's all good everyone wants to show off what they know, but it's thus far to no avail, since nothing has changed and it all looks pretty much like everyone's inactively bitching about things on CNN. Wa wa wa, be proactive, instead of wasting bandwidth pushing forward no cause or purpose.

My suggestion is a collaborative book, complied from the info we have now (as a forum community whole), that way we have a clear picture of what's going on in the world, instead of a bunch of crappy little snapshots of miscellaneous things.

That's it. I hope it's easier for some of you to understand.

BTW, some of you are being dicks. This doesn't just mean you're a diminutive e-thug forum troll, but inactive in trying to fix the problems you all seem so content to bitch about. Stop wasting bandwidth with stupid "look at your spelling" posts, and do something helpful.

Ian (the grown up)

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I know at one point there was an effort to make an ATS TV show ... I dont know if it will ever make it off the ground though.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Tatersack-
I know what you mean, in principle. Things get really freewheeling, which is the nature of the concept. Things get sidetracked, sludge rolls in, etc. You may not be aware that the Research Forum- www.abovetopsecret.com... is designed to do more of what I believe you're referring to. You need to be approved to participate and it is more formal in nature. I'd advise you to check it out if you haven't already. And if you have, well, nevermind.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here Here Balthasar! I liked your post
(I know Im going to get kickback from this, but hey) I agree that there is a lot of 'Bashing' going on in these forums, instead of constructive debate. It's not nice.

In any case, let us not linger. Back to topic:
I would buy an ATS book, no questions asked, no time wasted. I think it's a fantastic idea; I have recommended this website to so many people, just to give it a read, to see that there is a little more going on than what CNN has to show, but most people can't be bothered to follow up on such reccomendations. I would like to have a book that I could show to someone, so thats it's there, in their hands.

It would get a lot more people asking questions and beginning the process of... deying the I.

new topics

top topics

join