It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Greatest Bands of all Time.

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Dylan knows who he is, he just pretends not to, as his soul is pure because he totally understands karma and what he has done for humanity..




posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
S.

Cudos to your son! Sound guys don't get the attention they should! With out our sound guy and his funky analog board, we just sound like wankers thru amps.

yeah, I wouldn't even be playing if it weren't for Bob Dylan. His influence on the English language alone assures him a place in the history books.

Even today when i feel down, I play "Boston" loud and feel MUCH better. Scholz rocks!!!


[edit on 14-10-2005 by whaaa]



posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I know its not everyones favourite, but I have to mention some country bands are really good. The sad part is the players are pretty much unknown.

Alot of country musicians can really rip. In my opinion, they have some of the most technical players nowadays.


But my favourite country musician of all time still is Johnny Cash.



posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I know its not everyones favourite, but I have to mention some country bands are really good. The sad part is the players are pretty much unknown.

Alot of country musicians can really rip. In my opinion, they have some of the most technical players nowadays.


But my favourite country musician of all time still is Johnny Cash.


yea, i liked always on my mind by him.. great song.



posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 03:42 AM
link   
what are you talking about every band nowdays ins playing with 4 chords?

wats wrong with that?

when i go to a pub and see a band, it isnt the most technical and artistic that is the funnest, it is the ones who just rock and roll, nice and lound and every one can dance along to.

chilis are very original, and i love them.
the dont just do the 4 chord thing
or if they do its re-invented in a way no one else today does
and i agree on bssm, its easily the best album i have ever heard,

to be honest i havent heard a hell of a lot

and while on trivia, they recorded at least on of their songs, the last one, beside a highway i think



posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
- Led Zeppelin
- Pink Floyd
- AC/DC
- Deep Purple
- Dream Theater
- Racer X (in the 80s)
- Extreme
- Journey
- Metallica (in the 80s)

By the way, I have long hair and i'm still living in the 80s, playing neo-classical hair metal guitar with a Jackson ...... New music is a different language to me....



[edit on 14-10-2005 by Spreadthetruth]


[edit on 14-10-2005 by Spreadthetruth]



posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth
- Journey


Journey is personally my second favorite band ever. IMO Steve Perry was the greatest vocalist I've ever heard.

I saw them in concert here in Houston a few years back with their new lead singer. He wasn't too bad. I think I could have done a better job though!


Peace



posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
S.

Cudos to your son! Sound guys don't get the attention they should! With out our sound guy and his funky analog board, we just sound like wankers thru amps.

yeah, I wouldn't even be playing if it weren't for Bob Dylan. His influence on the English language alone assures him a place in the history books.

Even today when i feel down, I play "Boston" loud and feel MUCH better. Scholz rocks!!!

Thank you, I feel that way too, without a good mix, there would be no excellent songs, even Dylan has words with his mix-man, though he does not even sound mixed..LOL
Have you ever though of him as a composer as he writes ALL the lyrics and music?
What do you play? As my son was growing up, I got a good music education, my house being used for all types of practice and commune..
What do you think of ZZ Top ? He says best 3 piece band ever?


[edit on 14-10-2005 by whaaa]



posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I know its not everyones favourite, but I have to mention some country bands are really good. The sad part is the players are pretty much unknown.

Alot of country musicians can really rip. In my opinion, they have some of the most technical players nowadays.


But my favourite country musician of all time still is Johnny Cash.


I agree, but when I listen to country, I always cry so I avoid it unless I am at a country bar..LOL
I love Loretta Lynn.



posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spreadthetruth

By the way, I have long hair and i'm still living in the 80s, playing neo-classical hair metal guitar with a Jackson ...... New music is a different language to me....



[edit on 14-10-2005 by Spreadthetruth]


[edit on 14-10-2005 by Spreadthetruth]



Yeah, me too and a beard, stuck in the 60s, playin the BLUES on a dobro/slide and 6stg assembled from parts and upright bass and harp; no, not all at the same time. Love old vintage blues but sometimes try my hand at writing contemporary blues with ideas gleened from CNN. Currently playin in sleazy bars and local festivals.

S.
That little ole band from Texas sure is a goodun' but my favorite is still Eric, Ginger and Jack. After my current outfit of course; "Catfish Steven and the Caucasians" the conceptual cowboys from Corrales.

As soon as I become a little more puter savy; will put some originals in the ipod, music section here on ATS.

One Love!




S.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by whaaa]



posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Sounds fun whaaaa.

So who here lieks The Who? I think they are a great band... love there stuff



posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Apparently, Alcor hasn't listened to their Greatest Hits two disk set. It has every single one of Queen's hits from Bicycle to Radio Ga Ga.



posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
>>>>Yeah, me too and a beard, stuck in the 60s, playin the BLUES on a dobro/slide and 6stg assembled from parts and upright bass and harp; no, not all at the same time. Love old vintage blues but sometimes try my hand at writing contemporary blues with ideas gleened from CNN. Currently playin in sleazy bars and local festivals.

S.
That little ole band from Texas sure is a goodun' but my favorite is still Eric, Ginger and Jack. After my current outfit of course; "Catfish Steven and the Caucasians" the conceptual cowboys from Corrales.

As soon as I become a little more puter savy; will put some originals in the ipod, music section here on ATS.

One Love! >>>

Ain't nuttin I like better than a long haired man..ROFL.
The Dobro is totally underreated as far as I am concrened..stick to it.
Please do get us some gigs you can put on for us to hear!



posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I use to be in a band.. We entered a competition, and got a song on a CD, but we broke up afterwards cause everyone played and liked different music ahha.



posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, queen, best rock band ever, the early stuff especially, great king rat, brilliant song.




top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join