It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Venus Planet X?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I have always been curious about the origins of Venus. Could it be a captured 'rogue' planet? Venus is often called Earth's "sister planet" mostly because of the similarities of size and compostion, but in reality there are many differences.

www.planetary.org...

-Venus has the slowest rotation of any planet in the solar system--a day on Venus is 243 Earth days long. In fact, its year (225 Earth days) is shorter than its day.

-Venus also rotates retrograde, which means the sun rises in the west.

Now these two examples could be evidence that Venus was captured by the Sun's gravitational field, however they could just point to some calamity that occured in the past(ie a major collision of some sort). But i guess my question is; can we say for sure that Venus is a product of the original accretion disk like the rest of the bodies in our solar sytem? Or is it a captured rogue planet from outside our solar system(planet X/Nibiru)?

For those of you here that understand the math, i found this on angular momentum calculations (author claims that this is proof that Planet X is Venus), much more in depth at link: www.trustbible.com...

Venus: Mass is 4.869 e 24 kg. Radius is 1.082 e 11 m. Velocity is 35.026 m/s. Angular momentum is 1.845 e 40 kg m sq'rd/s. At a radius of 2.0 e 11 meters, Venus' L would be 2.508 e 40 kg m sq'd/s. The difference in Venus' L would be 6.63 e 39 kg m sq'd/s. The total L lost by planet X was only 3.72 e 39 kg m sq'd/s. Clearly, it appears Venus may have been planet X.
Venus would have had an angular momentum of 2.2156 e 40 kg m sq'd/s when it was 1.56 e 11 meters from the Sun. That's 3.71 e 39 kg m sq'd/s more angular momentum then Venus has now. All total the Earth, the moon, and Mars gained around 3.72 e 39 kg m sq'd/s.

So what do you guys think, is there record of a "new planet" showing up in the night sky in ancient record? If so where do you think Venus came from? I'm not advocating any particular theory here, but i find the idea of it fascinating. Seems it would explain alot of ancient "myths".

Here's some good sites to check out on this and related topics:
www.earth-history.com... "A Website Dedicated to Ancient times"
www.detailshere.com... "Niburu (Planet X) - Explained"
xfacts.com... "Sumerian Culture and the Annunaki"

Weird wild stuff, enjoy.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I stil believe there was a planet which was destroyed and which now is the belt of astroids which comes after mars.
I believe that planet was destroyed and 1 or more fragments hit earth and created the moon so can be that the 10 th planet was but isn't anymore some say 10th planet has a very long orbit period around our sun which means it is highly eliptical or that it is such a very far orbit or that it is in an orbit which it is almost always blocked by our sun and there for not visible.
the theory of planet in the same lane as earth but just mirrored just directly on the other side of the sun we don't know but that is what we need in science things which we don't know or can not yet comprohand. the urge to discover we will find. who says that the planet is around our star maybe the stories came from space to us and we are looking for a planet which is a planet around another star the 10th planet around another star inhabbitat by life.:p

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
i thought theyv e already found the 10th, temporarily named xena, and its moon too.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schmidt1989
i thought theyv e already found the 10th, temporarily named xena, and its moon too.

I was talking about the planet X of folklore Schmidt. Probably should of titled the thread; Is Venus Nibiru?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I dont think that it is... the Sumerians, where this theory originates from, were aware of Venus as a planet, and Nibiru is clearly a seperate planet. Earth according to them was formed when Tiamat was split in 2 by Nibiru, one half formed Earth, the other formed the Asteroids / Comets.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen

I believe that planet was destroyed and 1 or more fragments hit earth and created the moon so can be that the 10 th planet was but isn't anymore

That would be I believe planet Orpheus which was about the size of Mars and crashed into earth

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
If Earth had an origin like that... of being split in two at some point wouldn't it look a bit different?

I mean granted this would have been a long time ago, but surely a traumatic event like that would leave some form of permanent scar, wouldn't it?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
there is a tenth planet, has been discovered a while. 1996 i think. its about 5 times further away than pluto if i recall this rightly. made the news over here in england anyway. usually u only get people who've had some pointless surgery on their legs to make them skinnier, so must've been important!
anyway, there'll be stuff about it on google.. or maybe wikipedia or try bbc.co.uk, u never know!
adios amigos

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
If Earth had an origin like that... of being split in two at some point wouldn't it look a bit different?

I mean granted this would have been a long time ago, but surely a traumatic event like that would leave some form of permanent scar, wouldn't it?

A impact of a object the size of mars hitting earth would have liquified the whole of earth into a molten blob. So it really would have wiped the slate clean of any impacts. A chunk of Earth's rock was turned into hot vapor and flung it into space. Some of that orbited the planet and eventually coalesced to form the Moon

link
Its ony a theory but its the leading theory for the Moon's formation we have right now.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The idea of a body accumulating at lagrange points in Earth's orbit is cool...but why go through all the mess of it hitting the Earth. Why not just say the lagrange body drifted into orbit around Earth and became the moon.

Also, could a lagrange point involving only the Earth and the Sun really exist? Seems to me like the other planets would intefere too much.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the explanation Shadow, that does make it a lot easier to see it from that point of view.

Very interesting stuff!

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Thanks for the explanation Shadow, that does make it a lot easier to see it from that point of view.

Very interesting stuff!

No problem I saw a show on the discover channel about it and it had some great animations of the impact. The weird thing is they said the impact would look like its in slow motion because the sizes are so big.

I dont know just how rare impacts of this scale are but if this theory is correct we are very lucky to have a large moon.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaknafein
The idea of a body accumulating at lagrange points in Earth's orbit is cool...but why go through all the mess of it hitting the Earth. Why not just say the lagrange body drifted into orbit around Earth and became the moon.

Also, could a lagrange point involving only the Earth and the Sun really exist? Seems to me like the other planets would intefere too much.

Because they say earths gravity is not powerfull enough to have captured the moon. All the computer models show a rogue moon traveling at any speed past earth would just fly on by so the Earth capture moon theory is fairly disproven.

X

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
wouldn't something the size of mars (travelling at that speed ) knock earth out of its orbit though?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by llama009
wouldn't something the size of mars (travelling at that speed ) knock earth out of its orbit though?

Im sure it would change its orbit but I dont know about knocking it out of orbit around the sun. But without knowing what the orbit was before such a impact im not sure how you could tell the change it caused. Perhaps if the impact caused a strange rotation like uranus you could get a understanding of the change that occured.

Uranus is now thought to have been hit by a planet in its past aswell. I think thats how scientist explain why Uranus rotates from south to north rather than east to west like most other planets with the exception of Venus which rotates west to east for some reason.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Think about how Earth would look if the oceans were emptied. Maybe this impact and splitting caused the deep voids that are the oceans.

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
^^Think about how Earth would look if the oceans were emptied. Maybe this impact and splitting caused the deep voids that are the oceans.

plate tectonics tell us how oceans form, it has to do with the speed at which magma is expelled, or what types of rock are formed, in the end, lighter rock is formed to create oceanic lithosphere, which eventually subducts undearneath the continental lithosphere, making oceaninc lithosphere commonly the newest rock on the planet
, some more to it too but plate techtonics and geology covers it

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Venus doesn't have to be a "rogue" planet to be important with respect to 2012. Ancients describe the "Destroyer"in the sky the way we see planet X depicted, with the 'tails' or cometlike gaseous or electromagnetic fringing trail. Check out 'galactic plane' or 'galactic equinox' and you'll see that the solar system is entering an area of higher energy, which can cause exta solar flares and sun spots. All the planets are warming, and the sun is already becoming more active. Venus is unusual in a few ways, but mostly because it seems to be much warmer than it should be. I believe with a (sun) coronal mass ejection and/or intense storm activity and 'cosmic lightning' from the sun, a huge tail like phenonemon behind Venus could be quite visible. Coupled with Venus shining brighter, it could be a frightening sight. The "Destroyer" refered to by the ancients may be just Venus getting slammed with radiation.

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Venus doesn't have to be a "rogue" planet to be important with respect to 2012. Ancients describe the "Destroyer"in the sky the way we see planet X depicted, with the 'tails' or cometlike gaseous or electromagnetic fringing trail.

Actually, they didn't describe the "Destroyer in the sky" or a planet x.

Yes, I know what Sitchin says. Read the texts for yourself on any Babylonian text site. Nor were there any ancient global disasters beyond the Great Extinctions which happened before humans were around.

www.badastronomy.com...

...also:
www.badastronomy.com...

...and...
astrobiology.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

join