It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are aliens so boring?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here is an article about UFO's/abductions:

The National Post, Saturday, 8 October 2005, p. A19:

Why Are Aliens So Boring?

The folklore of the 20th-century produced nothing more absurd,
yet nothing more persistent, than the belief that creatures from
other worlds habitually visit Earth, kidnap a few humans and
then return them, apparently unhurt, to their homes. The alleged
human victims later describe their experiences in what scholars
of alienography call 'abductee narratives'. These sound like
tales told by idiots, but no one who cares about the popular
imagination can be entirely indifferent to them.

Abductees report that some aliens say they are bringing world
peace and others announce that their mission is war. But a
strikingly high percentage appear to be carrying out a peculiar
assignment, raiding the reproductive systems of their victims to
collect DNA. 'My eggs were taken,' one typical abductee
reported, and another said, 'sperm was sucked from my penis by a
machine.'

CONTINUED>> www.virtuallystrange.net...

Poll: Do u agree with the article?
A. Yes, I agree
B. No, I disagree

I would like to hear what u think of this article. Personally I found it utter rubbish, thats why I was surprised to read "Robert Fulford is one of Canada's best and most influential journalists". It looks like he thought he could write an easy story and didnt check his facts, poor man.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by plop]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
As a Post subscriber, I read the article yesterday morning over coffee. I can understand why the true believer would be upset with the article, but I found it to be well written and discusses some very important points.

First, setting aside whatever "facts" you think the author is ignoring, the UFO community does need to address why there is such a variety of reports and evident motives, if the stories are true. Why such inconsistency?

Second, despite over 50 years of modern UFO incidents (and perhaps hundreds of years before that), there is still no good, hard evidence of the phenomena out before the public. Why not? And please don't say its all been hidden by the authorities. Maybe, but I can't evaluate it.

Third, there is no question that the field has become rife with phonies, charlatans and madmen over the years. Combine that with the lack of hard proof, and you should not be surprised at the prevailing skepticism.

I'm old enough to have followed the UFO story for over 40 years, since I was a teenager. While I still do, frankly my attitude has become like that of many others weary of the same old, same old: I'll believe it when an Alien representative appears on Larry King Live.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexofSkye
As a Post subscriber, I read the article yesterday morning over coffee. I can understand why the true believer would be upset with the article, but I found it to be well written and discusses some very important points.

First, setting aside whatever "facts" you think the author is ignoring, the UFO community does need to address why there is such a variety of reports and evident motives, if the stories are true. Why such inconsistency?

Second, despite over 50 years of modern UFO incidents (and perhaps hundreds of years before that), there is still no good, hard evidence of the phenomena out before the public. Why not? And please don't say its all been hidden by the authorities. Maybe, but I can't evaluate it.

Third, there is no question that the field has become rife with phonies, charlatans and madmen over the years. Combine that with the lack of hard proof, and you should not be surprised at the prevailing skepticism.

I'm old enough to have followed the UFO story for over 40 years, since I was a teenager. While I still do, frankly my attitude has become like that of many others weary of the same old, same old: I'll believe it when an Alien representative appears on Larry King Live.

While it is understandable that one gets frustrated in the UFO field, some of the questions/assumptions made in the article are a bit naive. Some examples:

Extraterrestrials must be far smarter than we are (they
travel distances our scientists can barely imagine) so anyone
even mildly curious will wonder what they want with a
substandard planet's genetic material.

She asks why
mentally superior aliens haven't anything better to do than hang
around North America stealing our genes. 'Why are these genius
aliens so dim?' she asks. 'After fifty years of abducting us,
why are they still taking the same bits and pieces? Don't they
have freezers?'

There are a number of assumptions here, which im sure i dont have to point out. Also, the use of the term "north america" is misleading, because alien abductions are a global phenomenon.

Also I would like to see this backed up:

Clancy discovered that abductees share certain characteristics.
They are not crazy, but they score high on a schizotypy test,
which doesn't mean they are schizophrenic but suggest they have
a weakness for fantasy and for thinking related to magic. Most
of them believed in flying saucers before they were abducted.

Where does clancies research show that abductees believed in flying saucers before they were abducted? And wasnt there a flaw in her work which opened the possibility that the fantasy-proneness was caused by the abduction experiences, instead of prior belief?

Or am i confusing her work with someone elses?

On the contrary to u, i think there are some pretty solid cases. As solid as can be expected. I think science has limits of what it can 'prove'. According to scientific standards 99% of murderers and rapists would be innocent. ( at least ive never read a scientific report that proves a person murdered someone else) Yet we know these crimes happen.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by plop]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The person who wrote that was thinking from a human's point of view, and not that of an alien's. Enough said. They don't know squat!

[edit on 10-10-2005 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Sorry, Messhugga, its not enough said. May I enquire as to what you believe the alien's point of view would be? And if you claim to be able to express that alien point of view, how on Earth (no pun intended) you know what that might be?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I've never been abducted and I've not read much about abductions. I looked at the video and it comported to what I've read about abductions -- the grays do experiments on you, you go through a tunnel, all that.

Plop -- I'm curious. What is it specifically that the article you put up you find incorrect or objectionable? Do you find the article objectionable on the basis of your knowledge from research or from personal experience? What exactly did the writer say that you don't agree with?

I'm not looking to trap you. I'd just like to know. As you know, I think these aliens are "demons" -- and they may very well live on Mars or Jupiter or Pluto or any or all of the planets. So I'm a "believer" but I'm not a believer who thinks these things are in need of spaceships or flying saucers to get around in, and I also don't believe normally they look like grays. Rather, in their normal state they tend to look like the most evil and scary monsters and reptile creatures, they are huge in size usually, have long tails, and they are frightening. But they are able to assume any shape they want -- including a beautiful woman or a man who might look like what we might think Jesus would look like.

I believe they are working in conjunction with the Illuminati in an evil plan to take over the world and kill almost everyone on the planet.

That's what I think. And the "experiments and tunnels" part of the abduction movie I think is because I believe many people, tens of thousands, even millions, are abducted for mind control experiments, taken to facilities oftentimes through underground tunnels wherethey are tortured, and under torture their minds split and split and split. The Illuminati take these split minds and program them like computers and under hypnosis a person will remember or forget whatever he's told to.

I also believe the Military is breeding humans to these aliens, because they are able to materialize and we know from Scripture that Nephilim were mating with humans in the days before Noah. And Scripture also says that in the last days things will be as they were in the days of Noah.

So where does the article go wrong?

[edit on 16-10-2005 by resistance]

Ram

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistance

I also believe the Military is breeding humans to these aliens, because they are able to materialize and we know from Scripture that Nephilim were mating with humans in the days before Noah. And Scripture also says that in the last days things will be as they were in the days of Noah.

So where does the article go wrong?

[edit on 16-10-2005 by resistance]

The "article" does not mention the "year 2012" part, of the whole deal.. Maybe the writer havn't gone deep enough into the subject.. Wich takes courage - and it's a big decision to go investigating where all the crackpot's and madmen have gone before you even dared thinking about reading all the info about UFO and aliens... Actually one can't read it unless he put him or herself in a position of believe..Wich is hard in the begining.. (i can recall)

You know people...I have these Jehova people come knocking on my door from time to time... And even in their book it says 2012..are the Armageddon...
And quiet frankly - Iv'e might have read to much BS lately - But somewhere along the reading madness - Iv'e read that alot of religions does have that number on their calender (2012) ... As the time for changes..

So we have about 7 years left to figure it out... more or less..

And here is a picture from the amazon rain forrest... A boat drifting alone the wide river.... uhm?

Oh hell - The river is gone!?

Ask me if abductions are real or not.... Yeah! why not?
The gardners of earth have a problem with the offspring.

The humans keeps killing everything.

I mean everything!!

Even their own minds have they put an end too... It's called the Industrialized development...Or the economically advantages...

wich kills everything on this planet... Though it's called responsibility...

It's just reaching a peak these years.

I was facinated by alien spacecraft...in the beginning... Now im facinated by the end of the world... Cause it's an big experience to be part of a global collapse - watching the possibilities slip away right infront of us... And hearing the stories of abductions... In the middle of all of this.. Are awesome.
Watching Police goin crazy with all their brave-hearts...Stick's and killer toy's.. Trying to keep order... It's amazing... To watch a human-race go down the path of total innihilation...

And now im confronted with 2 options... not a middleway saying - im not sure, or maybe...

Just 2 choices...hehehe

Do you believe or not?

Are you category - 1

Are you Category - 2
? We need a poll... So we have a path to follow... the 80% or the 20%..

I can't vote on that one..hehe..I just don't know what is goin on in this world anymore...

One thing i like about the whole alien-deal... Are that of the antigravity... That is so cool... It's the ultimate weapon... When these megalomaniac leaders get to it!! They can kill this whole solar system in one day... That is so great...!!!

Also for the economically advantages... offcourse. (less people - means more money to the rest)

And did you hear this dude - he is on a radio... Halleluja this guy are brainwashed.. Radio shot i think he's actually a Radio-host..hehehe.. Amazing..

So if you look carefully into all of this - then you can see - that this world have a system... That is sucking the soul out of the Earth.
killing the planet... In the name of Lucifer...

Everything around you looks normal... Everybody seems to be acting normally... Driving theire cars to and from work everyday...

But something has changed...
The weather... The Climate is a bit different... And the lights in the skies have been filmed on video...

But still... Something needs to be put in the media... Wich are not in the publich mind...

And that's why we talk here... ATS is a fantastic place... Internet are a new source of communication... It's brilliant.

It's the begining of a new age...And most of us can't understand this.
TV are extremely powerfull media... But the crap they send.. Oh my Lord!!

hehe

I better stop..now..

Do not circumvent the censors

[edit on 17-10-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thanks, Ram. I feel about the same way you do. But I thought 2012 was the end of the world, not the start of the beginning of the end. I think we're going to see the NWO any day now. It's going to happen fast. Probably a superstorm or just some big calamity the Illuminati is trying to engineer to give them an excuse to impose the police state.

Ram

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by resistance
Thanks, Ram. I feel about the same way you do. But I thought 2012 was the end of the world, not the start of the beginning of the end. I think we're going to see the NWO any day now. It's going to happen fast. Probably a superstorm or just some big calamity the Illuminati is trying to engineer to give them an excuse to impose the police state.

7 years.

If im not mistaken - next year.. It will be 6 years...

Sure is a small amount of time...In politic's.

And again... We could read all the clues, over and over again...

Can you remember a few years ago - The Global warming was a conspiracy?

Holy moe...!! Today... It's just above our heads..

Oh but we need to have it in our TV-sets - And on our brand new widescreen devices before we listen to it?!!

WASTE OF TIME?

hehe

We wasted just about 50 years of the human history on whatever.
And the crowd just want more Nascar and football... And plasma screens..

That is so cute...

Your on the right track Resistance..I can't say either of us are right or wrong..
But i believe - it..

Uh oh! - I alsmost forgot... Maybe the military and black operations didnt waste their time.. But knew it all along.. 2012..Is the deadline..

[edit on 17-10-2005 by Ram]

[edit on 17-10-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I agree with the article on certain points. While I do believe in UFOs, I think of them as just that: UNIDENTIFIED Flying Objects.
I think a lot of sightings could possibly be explained some time in the future as some sort of natural phenomena or secret, man-made craft of some sort. Sure it will take many years, but it could be the case. To people who say "but what could it be?", do you think that absolutely everything on this planet is that well understood that there is nothing more we could discover? If so, let's close down all the labs, universities and stop funding research. If you think that we haven't mastered it all, maybe some of these things might help explain a few sightings?
HOWEVER, there is a certain core of UFO cases which are compelling in that they truly do seem to be artificial, and not of terrestrial origin. I'm not stupid, I know that with the pretty much infinite possibility of other galaxies, stars and planets that may support life, there probably IS alien life out there. In fact I'd say I'm sure that some of these civilisations are smart enough to be visiting us here on earth. And that they are. And also that some of these alien races have been in contact with people here on earth.
Where I agree with the article is the doubt about abductions. Sure, if I were from an alien race, I would want to find out about humans and take biological samples.
Thousands and thousands of people go missing every year, many of those go missing literally without a trace and are never seen again. If anyone is getting abducted by aliens, some of those are the people!
Those of you who say there is a big conspiracy between aliens and the US Government/NWO/Illuminati/whatever, wouldn't you agree that the only way this co-operation and conspiracy can keep working is with UTMOST SECRECY? Can we agree on that?
Because if we can, beaming people up, experimenting on them, telling them some BS about "coming in peace" (or war for that matter), then putting them back in their beds is really quite stupid.

In case I lost a few of you: If aliens are really abducting people to experiment on them, and doing it as part of a large scale organised operation YOU WOULDN'T SEE THOSE PEOPLE AGAIN. Why let them go home and tell all about it?

I believe the similarity in many abduction reports can be explained by fantasy and suggestive ideas. Case study: Person wakes up feeling odd in the morning, maybe after having a nightmare and accidentally hitting themselves in the nose, causing it to bleed. They've seen a documentary about UFOs and abductions recently on TV, and get a bit nervous. They start to look up stuff about nose-bleeds, feeling odd in the mornings. They find out more about alien abductions. They start to think "Wow, my nose was bleeding and I don't know why! And I do feel like I didn't actually get sleep at all. Maybe this happened to me!" Once someone thinks it's possible, it's easy to convince themselves it did happen.
For those who don't agree with me, show me a photo of a triangular incision, or a metal implact, or ANYTHING that is often cited in abduction reports. Surely not every doctor in the world is part of the conspiracy, and at least one person has their metal implant at home?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4for4
In case I lost a few of you: If aliens are really abducting people to experiment on them, and doing it as part of a large scale organised operation YOU WOULDN'T SEE THOSE PEOPLE AGAIN. Why let them go home and tell all about it?

Why do we let animals go after we perform surgeries on them or shoot them with sedatives? In short: there can be a million reasons. We simply dont know.

I believe the similarity in many abduction reports can be explained by fantasy and suggestive ideas. Case study: Person wakes up feeling odd in the morning, maybe after having a nightmare and accidentally hitting themselves in the nose, causing it to bleed. They've seen a documentary about UFOs and abductions recently on TV, and get a bit nervous. They start to look up stuff about nose-bleeds, feeling odd in the mornings. They find out more about alien abductions. They start to think "Wow, my nose was bleeding and I don't know why! And I do feel like I didn't actually get sleep at all. Maybe this happened to me!" Once someone thinks it's possible, it's easy to convince themselves it did happen.
For those who don't agree with me, show me a photo of a triangular incision, or a metal implact, or ANYTHING that is often cited in abduction reports. Surely not every doctor in the world is part of the conspiracy, and at least one person has their metal implant at home?

This is probably what Clancy also thinks. The problem is that her sleep paralysis idea doesnt fit the data. Many people are not asleep when they see a UFO and experience being abducted, remembering it without any hypnosis, and having other people as eyewitness to the event.

U asked for a picture of an abduction-related scar, so I will show u this example of the Kelly Cahill abduction:

The incident appears to involve independent confirma-tion of a CE3 and missing time in that at least two and possibly three groups of people unknown to each other witnessed the same UFO and entities, and experienced missing time. Perhaps for the first time, independent wit-nesses have offered strikingly similar information, thus making a convincing case for the reality of the strange events described.

This reality is further strengthened by a range of apparently related physical traces, including ground traces, a low level magnetic anomaly apparently consistent with the location of the UFO encounter, and effects on some of the witnesses.
www.theozfiles.com...
www.theozfiles.com...

Some scars:

2 of the women had this mark:

Marks found on supposed UFO landingsite:

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'd just like to remind you that missing time, being put on a table, shocked, stuck, and tortured are all the things that happen to people who are the victims of mind control by the military. The victims are abducted, their minds are programmed under torture, drugs and hypnosis, and they are set free with no memory of what happened, or faint memories like as in a dream, but meantime long periods of time are just missing from their memories. Usually a person abducted for the purpose of mind control is abducted by the military who specialize in this sort of thing. It's done all the time. It's the Illuminati. And the Illuminati WANTS everyone to believe in aliens from outer space, knowing full well they are demons.

Ram

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I like the nose theory...

All of this...Is like trying to imagine...How nobel persons look's like, when they are on the toilet..
How can i explain it? uhm..

Imagine Bush..Or Queen Elisabeth...Or whatever all their names are..
(i don't have TV any more.. Lost it 3 years ago)

But imagine one of those extremly well know figures in the media...Sitting on toilet doin the "pooh" thing...

It's really hard to imagine...How does their face look like..and what's on their minds...

It's the same...with the abduction thing... Even the Alien thing...

Though iv'e seen the Area51 alien Interview - So atleast i have a clue to what we are talking about...

Is it possible to hide the truth?

I know it sounds silly - But it's really gives a good idea... A picture on how secrets are performed...

I think this is over my leak... My mind simply can't tell anything...Or figure anything out. I must bite the dust here. My human brain simply can't perform any idea's of what is goin on here... But that dosn't mean it's not happening... The abductions.
And because i can't imagine how Bush looks like when he's on toilet, dosn't mean it's not happening...

you see..?

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
When we have an alien on ice or better yet a few aliens caught, I may start to beleive in abductions.

Truth is, many people are completely devoid of how far and fast Science and Biological Genetic engineering have come in the last 10 years alone. We already clone animals/livestock and capable of doing many of the things Aliens purportedly do these days. We can produce some real miraculous feats in labs but politics and cultural differences abound and keep us from applying them.

The point I am making is that abductees and their stories lack real imagination. There are plenty of labs world wide that can do the things aliens supposedly do without all the pain, suffering, and drama.

If abductees were more science and technology observant their stories wouldn't sound so 1960-70'ish. If Aliens were so advanced they would be able to draw everything they needed without physicaly needing to abduct a human. Of course, then it wouldn't be any fun and wouldn't be news worthy. That's why these abduction stories will persist even after mankind surpasses Alien medical methodology.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
The point I am making is that abductees and their stories lack real imagination.

That could be a sign that this indeed isnt imaginary.

If abductees were more science and technology observant their stories wouldn't sound so 1960-70'ish. If Aliens were so advanced they would be able to draw everything they needed without physicaly needing to abduct a human. Of course, then it wouldn't be any fun and wouldn't be news worthy. That's why these abduction stories will persist even after mankind surpasses Alien medical methodology.

We dont know how advanced they are really, nor what they need or want.
U seem to think that aliens must be almost godlike beings that are completely invisible and can do whatever they want, without using any technology that might resemble human technologies.

In fact they could well only be 5 years ahead of us (or even behind, as far as comparing is possible) and just have been lucky enough to have discovered some new technologies. Maybe what they do is actually the most efficient way to reach their goal.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
plop with all do respect, for me, heres the bottom line. I gave up long ago on aliens being super intelligent. Harvesting is not inteligence. There are many species on Earth that harvest other species for specific purporses. Most are in the insect kingdom. Ant drones inteligenty harvest Aphids and other insects. The best aliens are is some type of drones.

In all the years of UFO studies they have not done one thing mildly inteligent except poke and prod people. And they can't even do that right after 50 years let alone improve on their soon to be out dated medical skills.

To be honest I imagine the hard core faithful must be down in the dumps because of the dearth of believable occurances in the past 20 years. With so much fraud and hoaxes, everyone is trying to make a buck. What the UFO community needs is a revival. A DeVinci Code type of fictional tale that ties questionable theories and ideas with facts. I have a few ideas but my conscience keeps them at bay for now.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by nullster]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

There are a few main reasons of course....

1.) Not all of the stories are true. In fact, in all likelihood, false accounts likely easily outnumber possible genuine encounters.
2.) For all we know, there COULD be different groups with different agendas.
3.) It COULD be deliberate disinfo on the part of the aliens, or telling the abductee what he/she "wants" to hear, simply to make whatever process they are doing go easier.

Any, all, or none of the above could be true. Simply, we don't know.

I disagree that there isn't good evidence. There's an extremely large amount of evidence that supports a coverup, including the governments' own files showing secret investigations while still publicly maintaining no interest. Once the ridicule factor was established, collecting any such information can be done at leisure (relatively), and easily be covered up be even the flimsiest cover story.

No doubt. And nobody is more irked by these imposters than UFOlogists. They've done irreparable damage to the field by increasing the ridicule factor, and no, I don't think we're surprised at the skepticism. Of course, most people haven't REALLY looked at what's really out there as evidence, and simply believe whatever special they see tells them.

I agree, that we're in a lull. And I concur with nullster, that at least those visiting us don't appear to be superintelligent. There could be many solutions for a lull (perhaps the travel method is currently interrupted by cosmic movement, etc. similar to how we use windows for our space trips, but larger in scope). Could be many reasons.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
To answer your question they do not get out too often in Earth terms. It could be possible that they already know what it is to know and they they need to find other things to occupy their minds with. That would be a bummer knowing everything there is to know and still be bored.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
AlexofSkye - You're scaring me. You sound allot like me. That's pretty much teh same reasoning I've come up with after 30 years of following this stuff. Heck I thought Gazrok was quoting me from another thread.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by nullster]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Seems to me, if there are aliens. That they have a Vivid "fetish" Fascination with "sex", and "Religion."

Makes you wonfer who's Making it up.

100 years ago Succubus.

Today "Perverts from outer space".

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join