It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A campaign of fear and consumption

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Well, its another week, another disaster. The news corps must be loving this. They're enjoying all time rating highs and sponsorship couldnt be higher. They've got all us under their thumbs.

First it was 9/11. How long did that last? A year? I personally know people who sat in front of CNN for months. Then came the invasion of Iraq. Next, the election (which I'll relent, is newsworthy) then there was a lull. Nothing good to keep us tuned in. The body counts didnt do the trick. No good scandles, so what to do????...hmmm...

Ahhhhh, a good ole' category 5 (which was actually only a four, but they dont like to mention that). Remember the projections? 10000 dead, at LEAST a decade to dry out, clean up and rebuild.. Hmmm..seems they were a bit off on that one, huh?

Or go back a little further...Look at Iraq....I remember all the "experts" talking about the WMDs and what a threat Saddam was. Yet, instead of nailing Bush to the freakin wall with his lies, they go right along with him and begin shifting the story to "liberating the Iraqi people" and bringing democracy to them. What a freaking crock of BS.

Either people dont care, or don't realize that they are being lied to everyday by these organizations. Yes, Katrina was bad. But guess what? It didnt only hit New Orleans. There were plenty of small towns all along the Gulf that got nailed. Some, alot worse than NO, but since NO is primarily black, they got the attention. Start putting out the "racism" word and people tune in. If you think I'm wrong ask yourself right now....name 3 other cities hit by Katrina....you probably can't.

Then came Rita. Ohhhhh Rita...here it comes again...and there go the millions running in fear for their media-controlled lives. "Gas will be $5 and up a gallon" said Anderson Cooper. Good job, AC....keep em scared. Keep em watchin....SAY WHATEVER YOU WANT...JUST KEEP EM TUNED IN !!!!

And again, Rita=flop. So who crops up again? Little Natalie Holloway. Oh good god...not this again. Face it mom....Shes dead. It happens to people everyday. But hey---those pretty blue eyes, and clip of her cheering at the game...shes hot!! Get that on air !!!!

And now....bird flu. Get em all worked up again, Rupert. Get em scared. Get em REAL scared. They'll tune in non-stop. Even with the Valerie Plame scandel. I mean, could they say her name any more? Why not show her address to? They should be brought up on the same charges. Its ridiculous.

There is either a lack of ability, or want to show any real news. Whens the last time the media reported with any sort of intensity shown to other "stories", something positive done? Or better yet, why not hold Bushes feet to fire for a bit. Why not crawl up Roves ass with a microscope? Why not pursue the 9/11 connections? Afraid of what will pop up? Or afraid of the consequences?

Apparently, its only "news" if they decide it is. You are all being lied to. Its all about sensationalistic journalism. Truth be damned, we want ratings.

In the movie "bowling for columbine", theres a piece where Marilyn Manson talks. His quote " Its a campaign of fear and consumption. FLOODS !! GUNS IN SCHOOLS !!! RAPE !! MURDER!!....cut to commercial...but the colgate, buy the oxy...if you have bad breath, noone will talk to you, if you have acne, the girls wont want you....back to set and.......ROLL TAPE!"

Well, I'm sick of it. I have to go now. I need to turn off the TV and clean something

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Pakistan Earthquake... 20,000 dead!

I hear you, though.

Originally posted by spliff4020
In the movie "bowling for columbine", theres a piece where Marilyn Manson talks. His quote " Its a campaign of fear and consumption. FLOODS !! GUNS IN SCHOOLS !!! RAPE !! MURDER!!....cut to commercial...but the colgate, buy the oxy...if you have bad breath, noone will talk to you, if you have acne, the girls wont want you....back to set and.......ROLL TAPE!"

Before I saw that movie, I didn't know who MM was, but he made quite an impression on me. He's right on about fear and consumption. That's what it's ALL about today. Distraction.

Another great quote from him in that movie:

Michael Moore: If you were to talk directly to the kids at Columbine or the people in that community, what would you say to them if they were here right now?
Marilyn Manson: I wouldn't say a single word to them, I would listen to what they have to say and that's what no one did.

Well, I'm sick of it. I have to go now. I need to turn off the TV and clean something

Good idea.

I LOVE your avatar! I can almost hear him!

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   

*snip*

FEAR is the pretext for all upcoming terror laws

*Mod edit to remove unnecessary quote of complete first post of the thread
please refer to this thread warnings for excessive quoting and how to quote

[edit on 10-10-2005 by pantha]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by confirmtheunconfirmed

#1. The staff here, LOATHES one line respones, and

#2. They loathe, even MORE, quoting entire posts...

Look forward to a little warning from one of them....

That being said,

Do you think though, that the changes will be a conspiricy on behalf on the government, or because of the brainwashed sheeple in this country who believe everything that little Anderson Cooper tells them?

I dont really think our government is out to "get" us. I think the new terror laws are made with good intentions, but their based on ingorance of the masses.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I LOVE your avatar! I can almost hear him!

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

thanks!! those my boys, right there!! lol

and yes...now its the 20000 dead....how the hell do they know? Its a nice big juicey number that will keep em watching. Anyone remember the tsunami? What? 300000 dead? It got about 2 weeks of coverage, then poor little Holloway went on a vacation. Theres your "decade" to dry out and rebuild.

top topics

join