It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Airliners

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Found thses pics of the proposed futrure ailiners form boing.

putfile.com.../28210453938.jpg&s=x10

putfile.com.../28210413768.jpg&s=x10

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I would NOT fly in that crap,.

Looks to scary.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ah the BWB (Blended Wing Body) that was a concept that had a rather large following in Boeing as the future airliner they should produce before deciding on the 787 design. It was capable of holding allot of people and cargo, and would have been massive. One the dreamliner was chosen, Boeing burried any mention of this program like the plague, so now its just pretty concept pictures. I think those are from Popular Science, no?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Actually, the BWB concept never was seriously considered as anything but a "maybe someday" aircraft for a lot of reasons, one of them being the difficulty in handling an aircraft of that size and shape at most airports.

The aircraft which was shelved in favor of the 787 Dreamliner was the Sonic Cruiser, which went away due to the change in the aircraft market following the 9/11 attacks.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
I think those are from Popular Science, no?

Yep. My favorite magazine.

The BWB was a nic eaircraft, woulda been probably nice and stable and really really big. But how would you park the beast at an airport?

For those that care, there is a nice microsoft flight simulator model and stuff on simviation.com, just search it up. really nice model.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

The BWB was a nic eaircraft, woulda been probably nice and stable and really really big. But how would you park the beast at an airport?

Indeed, bigger is not always better, and these things look like beasts.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Actually, the BWB concept never was seriously considered as anything but a "maybe someday" aircraft for a lot of reasons, one of them being the difficulty in handling an aircraft of that size and shape at most airports.

I´m rather sure that more than 30 years ago many Airports had to adapt to the excessive needs of the then-new Boeing 747. It was done.

The same applies to the new A380, where some Airports also would have to upgrade, and it will be done. Of course the requirement for more capacity and logisitcs is always a hurdle, but one that has been taken in the past and present.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Actually they haven't gone through with the BWB because they did a study where they found that most people would not want to fly in an airplane that has no windows.

top topics

join