It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bird Flu: Should the World just Quarentene Asia?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I was just thinking... that this bird flu is starting to happen in Asia. I know that birds migrate all around the world...but the virus would have to mutate to a human form...so that human form wouldnt be carried by migrating birds. now if the virus mutates all over the world at the same time, then this won't work.

But when the virus does mutate, and it happens in Asia ... should the rest of the world Isolate Asia and contain the virus. This could save a lot of lives, but would it be considered a biological attack against its country if the western world took this policy?

You comments please...

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
I know that birds migrate all around the world...but the virus would have to mutate to a human form...so that human form wouldnt be carried by migrating birds.

I don't think this is necessarily true, I believe the virus could mutate into a form that's transmissible between humans totally in the bird, or in another species such as the pig that could serve as a jumping off point, or could be carried by the birds and infect people outside your Asian quarantine zone and mutate there.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
this action would only trigger unhapiness againts whichever countries that carried out the quarantine, it doesnt mean the whole asia is infected and everyone is to be isolated, absurd method tbh. heavy medical screening should do the job imo.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Hmm..... For some reason I don't think the poor Asians being quarantined would be all too happy. That and considering theres already reports from Europe, and even Columbia, it would be pointless to quarantine Asia.

Maybe it would have saved us a few months ago. And even then I don't know if it would have contained this. Either way it's a bit too late now.

top topics

join