It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget the face ... Martian Monoliths!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:57 AM
link   
or the tubes?

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
rather than Hoagland, may I suggest Dr Tom van Flandern's site:

metareasearch lab

This guy actually identified a lot of the material that Mailn had acquired that had anomalies on them, including possible 'tree like' structures. The site is really interesting and has lots of data on the Cydonia region. It also identifies shapes such as the "Queen's Head" and "The Dolphin". If you get bored of all that there's also some interesting stuff on the speed of gravity and Planet X scenario's... all relevant in my opinion to this forum topic. He did a nice presentation at the UK UFO mag conference last year on this very subject. If you look on the site you should be able to find the slides that formed the basis of that aswell..

ah, here's the one from the New York presentation in 2001 which should whet your appetitie:
New york presentation

[Edited on 6-11-2003 by phait]

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
never saw that picture before, I'll have to check the link.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
All very intriguing stuff!
I reported on a number of this a while back.
I am posting the link to it in hopes that it will help excite this topic/thread a bit more.

"The Mars Anomalies: Your Opinions"
Link:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Tons of links and some information on NASA possibly "covering-up" of information dealing with these structures and possible life implications........

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Here's why: Flip the image, and crop the bottom half...

1. In the top left corner, you have an image of Gumby's face...

2. the center of the picture has the second head...

3. in the top right corner, you have a visible image of a man, his hand on face (chin area), and the flat area forms shoulders.

4. Below that is a perfect eye... surrounded by ground image of a reptile...

5. Just to the left of that image, in the center of the flat area (ovalish), is the shadow image of a wizard... by the looks of the cap, I'd say Orco from the old He-Man cartoons...

I do believe that there are images of un-natural objects on Mars, but this picture... especially when "mock" is in its link address... is hard to swallow.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude
anyone ever seen this image of the COLOSSAL HEAD ??

www.msss.com...

[Edited on 3-11-2003 by thehippiedude]

Okey, now THAT is creepy!

EDIT: EEEk, Sooth, so it's a fake?

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by Frostmourne]

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehippiedude
or the tubes?

ida.wr.usgs.gov...

I'm a bit scared about asking what MIGHT have created those tubes...

Good: An ancient civilisation.. maybe extinct.
Bad: I don't even want to know what kind of creature that could have been..

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   
errhmm...i dont see any colosal head.. is that the huge nose?

The tubes... i have no clue. But i go with imzadi. it is evil and mars is not dead. at all.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There's too much "grey"... In the Viking photographs, as well as the latest Martian Probes, they use an 8 tone grey scale; the one with the giant head emerging is not in 8 tone.

Also, if you look close-ly enough, you can see part if his shoulder... the image as a whole, looks like someone coming out of a pond or mud-hole. This doesn't mean anything in itself; it could be buried in sand... but when you take into account that the majority of the martian sand is collected at the northern pole (due to winds), and the surrounding picture is either mountianous or coastline...

Maybe if we had the origional refrence number to the photograph? At what location it was taken? The "tubes" are something else, maybe, but the head is, in my opinion, just an altered picture.

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Well Sooth the word "mock" in the link addy is actually "moc" which stands for the Mars Orbiter Camera. You can view all the photos here at the Malin Space Science Systems site:

www.msss.com...

and why would they fake a photo like that? hmmmmm

here is the info for the 2 face from msss website:

www.msss.com...

[Edited on 8-11-2003 by thehippiedude]

who

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
The tubes interest me more than anything else. There is no complicated math to argue with, no strange light or shadow tricks to discount them. I read somewhere that the tubes seem to be made of a clear material much like glass, however they are so large that no one knows how they were made or what they were for. It looks to be like they were completely under ground at one time and wind has eroded the ground above them. Because mars is such a hostile planet, maybe this was its inhabitants way of living in an enclosed habitat. maybe like our subways?

who

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I dont know if anyone is interested in this, but this guy claims Richard Hoagland is a fraud and doesnt know what he is talking about. I dont have a strong enough math education to know if he is right, but the man is "Ralph Greenberg Professor of Mathematics University of Washington". Here is a link to what he thinks.
www.math.washington.edu...

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I don't particularly think Hoagland knows a whole lot, but he has brought several things to our attention that otherwise would have remained unknown to the public.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
He is a journalist. But he does, however, have a group of researchers and scientists who worked out the Cydonia system.

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I clearly see this image..don't you all?

Intergalactic, planetary, planetary, intergalactic.......

posted on Nov, 10 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
LoL! ^^^^

The tubes are definately the most interesting.

Here's a link on the tubes, might clear some things up, might not help at all, just trying to contribute to conversation

www.rense.com...

-wD

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
I clearly see this image..don't you all?

Intergalactic, planetary, planetary, intergalactic.......

HAHA!!!

top one!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join