It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seekerof for DISC.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yes, I am running for DISC, currently held by a very respected member, Majic.

I will not make any campaign promises nor ask for your suggestions or ideas. There will be a time for suggestions and ideas when the new DISC member is elected, I am sure of this.

What I can offer is a diverse perspective, given from an inside perspective [having once been among staff] and an outside perspective [as a member] when seeking to improve aspects of ATS and the ATS community.

I was one of the original members, along with MaskedAvatar, ktprktpr, etc., to be choosen to join DISC when it was first created. Its intended purpose then was to find ways to improve the member experience within ATS. What DISC has transformed into today is beyond me, but I am sure that it still serves a legitimate purpose within the general scope of ATS and the ATS community.

The only promise I will make is to give my utmost best to serving the interests of this community, within the framework of ATS and the direction that ATS management and staff may be intending or has determined.

Thank you for reading this and considering me for your vote.
I wish you all the best and continued well-being.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

You have my support Seekerof. I couldn't think of a better person for the job. Your posts always give me a lot to think about and challenge my own preconceived notions. You are always a "must read" and you truly have the best interests of the entire community at heart. You would be an asset in the DISC position and would be a great representative to the ATS membership.

Good luck to you.

B.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Seekerof, I'm sure you'd be a great Councilor and you have my full support! I think your experience as a former mod would be an invaluable addition to the Council.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
You get a big fat thumbs
from me. Good luck my friend.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well, if you don't want to give any ideas, then why should we even consider you? Experience doesn't say it all. What do you bring that others can't and won't? What do you intend to do to the council and DISC that your opponents won't? Where do you see DISC moving to in the future? How will it coexist with the council?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Amorymeltzer:

Well, if you don't want to give any ideas, then why should we even consider you?

As mentioned, having no idea as to how DISC has changed from its original intended purpose, nor knowing what it has been currently charged with doing [its current disposition] , I will offer no ideas. Would you care to elaborate on how DISC has changed or what its intended purpose currently is within the scope of ATS, Amorymeltzer? That would be beneficial to myself and others that are running for the position.

Experience doesn't say it all.

As to why you should vote for me, this is not a matter of experience or tenure. Never has been nor have I ever indicated such. I do believe that if you read my response to mrwupy, you will see that experience means crapola to me. What does is the continued betterment of ATS and the community/member experience within ATS. I will bring upfront cander and frankness in presenting what the members of the ATS community desire, hence their ideas and suggestions, not my own. You see, to me, this running for DISC is not about my ideas and suggestion on what I plan to do; it is all about the ideas and suggestions of what the members want and/or desire. This is about them, not me.

What do you intend to do to the council and DISC that your opponents won't? Where do you see DISC moving to in the future?

Please refer to my response on your mention of ideas and why "we should even consider you". I cannot give valid commentary on my opponent(s), the Council, or to DISC other than what I have already mentioned.

How will it coexist with the council?

It will coexist as it has always coexisted: with communication, direction, and staff oversight.

Thank you for the drilling, Amorymeltzer, and for those who have commented thus far.

Thanks.

seekerof

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
You seem to be treating this as some sort of prestige position whilst asking for a blind vote. You won't make any promises so you'll never have to keep them, a perfect record just isn't enough. Wheres the incentive to vote Seekerof?

You should be grilled just as hard as others.

1) What do you hope to do as DISC councillor?

2) Does DISC even have a place in the modern ATS

3) Can you tell us what you have done during your time in DISC?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
You seem to be treating this as some sort of prestige position whilst asking for a blind vote.

Prestige position?
No, I am treating it for what it is: a position of chance used to bring about the possible fruitition of the ideas and suggestions of this member-driven community.

You won't make any promises so you'll never have to keep them, a perfect record just isn't enough.

I have explained specifically why I will not make promises, Nerdling.
Promises are made to be broken and always go unfilled in some form and/or sense, and being as politically astute as you are on political matters, you should know this.
You wish me to make promises I cannot entirely fulfill or keep?

No, I will not.
I made one promise and one promise only:

The only promise I will make is to give my utmost best to serving the interests of this community, within the framework of ATS and the direction that ATS management and staff may be intending or has determined.

If I am fortunate enough to be voted in, then I will seek, by the creation of a specific topic thread, the ideas and suggestions of the member-driven community, in relation to what DISC is intended or current purpose currently is. My promise is to this community, to represent their needs, wants, and desires, not my own; to present their ideas and suggestions in a straightforward manner before the staff and Council. This is not about me, this is all about them. I, or whomever is voted in, will seek to represent them. To make promises is to invite letdown, and I will not letdown the members of this community by making promises that I cannot fulfill in their entirety. I promise to serve their interests, not my own.

On the off-hand, my other goal is to represent the community as well as Majic has within the scope of his DISC position.

Wheres the incentive to vote Seekerof?

There are no incentives other than what I have offered and explained.

You should be grilled just as hard as others.

Amorymeltzer did a fine job already.
Please feel free to do so yourself.

1) What do you hope to do as DISC councillor?

To bring forth the ideas and suggestions of this member-driven community to the ATS Staff and Council, in relation to how they relate to DISC.

2) Does DISC even have a place in the modern ATS

That would be like asking if there is even a need for a Council within the modern ATS.

Anyhow, a couple years ago, the original creating purpose of DISC was to discuss ideas that would make ATS a better site for the members, the community. I am not sure what has changed or what direction DISC has taken since then. Till I am given the chance to see what direction DISC has taken or see what its assigned tasks and duties are, I cannot, in all fairness, offer commentary on whether DISC still has a function within the modern ATS.

3) Can you tell us what you have done during your time in DISC?

Along with the other original members [MaskedAvatar, ktprktpr, etc], who were asked/invited to join DISC when it was created, we determined and set up questionaires to see what the members, the community, desired in making ATS better for them. We discussed member ideas and suggestions, along with our own ideas for making ATS a better site, more user-friendly, etc., and other specifics, most of which I have forgotten based upon the time from then to now.

seekerof

[edit on 11-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Seekerof a person who i admire very highly and you know that i don't need to post pages to state it. You deny ignorance and apathy on this board, plus you a rolemodel for myself and others. Respect is not the word i have for you, to behonest i cannot describe in words how intelligent and respect i have for you. You have my vote and admiration

Infinite

[edit on 14-10-2005 by infinite]

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Seekerof,

Since I first became a member of this board I have looked forward to reading your posts. I have found them thoughtful and carefully researched when needed. Or, if you have offered your opinion on a subject, you have been tactful and considerate even when disagreeing to a previous post.

I find it refreshing to have someone "up front" in politics. It is my understanding that we would be electing you to represent us on the council. You have clearly stated that this is your intention. You have clearly stated that if elected you would have a thread dedicated to listening to our gripes, suggestions, wants and etc.

I believe, with your long past experience, you would be the best person to represent us and see that our viewpoints are considered.

You have my vote Seekerof

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Thank you everyone for your questions, thoughts, and well wishes.
I hope all goes well for all of you.

Thank you all again.

seekerof

new topics

top topics

join