It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to work for Al-Quida?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So, it seems that Al-Quida has some job openings:

Looking for Work?
Here are some tidbits:

The London-based Asharq al-Awsat said on its Web site this week that al Qaeda had "vacant positions" for video production and editing statements, footage and international media coverage about militants in Iraq, the Palestinian territories, Chechnya and other conflict zones where militants are active.

and here is what they say about pay:

Asharq al-Awsat said the advert did not specify salary amounts, but added: "Every Muslim knows his life is not his, since it belongs to this violated Islamic nation whose blood is being spilled. Nothing should take precedence over this."

How awful is it that not only is the media practically gloating over the fact the Al-Quida wants to hire outsiders, but they even have the specifics on what they are looking for? I think this just opens doors for US spys.

Thoughts? Ideas?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It's about time Al-Qaeda gets a decent audio/visual guy.
All their tapes are such crap quality that the CIA can never 'athenticate' them.

Things like this make you wonder why the intel groups aren't pretending to be fundamentalists to get involved with these groups so they can finally expose an Al-Qaeda cell rather than always post-bomb relying on 'links' to Al-Qaeda (since no Al-Qaeda cell has ever been exposed), thou of course some of us believe the intel groups ARE these groups to begin with....

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hey, I have a knowlegde in Multimedia, I can do those stuffs! Woohoo! Here I come.

WTF?! The article has no relevance.

You'd think the Al-Qaeda is that stupid to just advertise for people to help them without knowing that the person that might be interested could well be a CIA Operative? Don't be dumb. Such advertisement could either be a hoax or just plain anger vent out by one of the insider of the newspaper publishing organisation since they can't even traced the source.

Boo!!!

I don't see any point to discuss such crappy idea.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I agree...this is ridiculous.

Yeah, Osama's hiring. Wanna join up? Visit our headquarters at:

Osama's Secret Cave
Afghanistan Border

:p

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   

The paper said the Global Islamic Media Front, an al Qaeda-linked Web-based organization, would "follow up with members interested in joining and contact them via email."

It could be a genuine employment opportunity posted by an Al-Qaeda branch or sub-organization and in that case it might be entirely possible for whoever gets the job to execute his/her role effectively and without being caught, depending on how they would go about it (but I highly doubt it). Perhaps the site isn’t well enough linked to the terrorist organization for a person to even be arrested for getting caught working for them? At the same time however, it seems much more likely that the posting is not actually from Al-Qaeda but instead a government organization looking to see who is willing to join up. Could they be attempting to trick the less tech-savvy (even though that’s a tech job?) into applying so that the government can investigate them, and perhaps take them off the street before they cause any problems (like successfully joining Al-Qaeda and fighting against the west)?

I just have a hard time believing that there’s no deception here, and that this is exactly as it appears.

I found this quote (within the same article) quite off though:

Last month it (The Global Islamic Media Front) issued an English-language video on the Internet called Jihad Hidden Camera which showed sniping and bombing attacks against U.S. forces in Iraq, and carried comical sound effects as well as laugh tracks.

Maybe The Front isn’t quite as credible as they would like people to believe, and is making a joke of terrorism, Al-Qaeda, or the governments trying to hunt down members within the group…or something? I don’t know anything about this “Media Front” but perhaps it’s received some bad information or is somewhat of an “Enquirer” similar to the less than believable western magazine and website we’re all familiar with? Just how credible are they anyhow?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It's a load of crap. Obviously part of the wests recent 'Terror' campaign to remind us of how evil the rest of the world is. Expect something big to happen before years end, the foundations have been layed over the last couple weeks.

Anyway, it's starting to drift out to other medias, here's a good clue as to why this is NOT real but rather more propaganda:

The paper said the Global Islamic Media Front, an al-Qaeda-linked web-based organisation, would "follow up with members interested in joining and contact them via email."

The paper did not say how applicants should contact the Global Islamic Media Front.

Al-Qaeda supporters widely use the internet to spread the group's statements through dozens of Islamist sites where anyone can post messages. Al-Qaeda-linked groups also set up their own sites, which frequently have to move after being shut by internet service providers.

news.ninemsn.com.au...

What a load of crap.
A) Change Al-Qaeda to CIA and it reads properly.
B) Why would they expect not to be infultrated with intel agents?
C) Why would they expose an obvious link to themselves when no one has been able to identify and expose an Al-Qaeda cell hence the medias favourite term 'Al-Qaeda-linked'.
D) The last paragraph cements the reason this is propaganda, if such sites frequently have to move then they create frequent tracks so why shut them down and let them move on rather than chase them down?

Sad thing is, people believe these types of articles as truth because they don't understand how propaganda works nor do they spend 5 seconds spotting the 'keywords' and thinking logically to work it out.

Classic propaganda.

[edit on 10-10-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Have you people just gone over the deep end? 'Well yeah heheheehe sign me up for some of that al-qaeda!' I cant believe the things I read off this site... Actually concerning themselves with US spys infiltrating al qaeda? the nerve of al-qaeda openly recruiting for a criminal/terrorist organization gets responses like 'about time al-qaeda got some decent audio/visual guys' like its a freaking tv show or something, you people have serious issues the main one being you have no idea what loyalty is or where it lies for you...

[edit on 10-10-2005 by XphilesPhan]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   
At first I thought it was a CIA move to gather info on individuals who replied to the adverts, but after doing a few enquiries I found that was probably not the case.

After looking at the many copies of the same story,(none containing the link to the actual page) I went to the website asharqalawsat.com/ to see if I could find the original article but came up with nothing. It seems that they have deleted the article.

The website is owned by Saudi Research and Marketing Group, whose principle activities are "Publishing, advertising and distribution of Arabic, Urdu and English newspapers and magazines". They also own and operate aawsat.com,which mirrors asharqalawsat.com/, and Arab.net.

The Saudi Research and Marketing Group is chaired by His Royal Highness, Prince Ahmed Bin Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, who holds the majority of shares with 60% ownership of the company.

So this now leads usto the question of whether the ad was placed with Saudi Research and Marketing Group,(a somewhat logical assumption considering it was their website which had all the details first about the ads placement) because if that is the case, it provides a clear link between the Saudi Royal Family and Al Qaeda.

This is not a far fetched theory either as it has been documented that Prince Ahmed Bin Salman Bin Abdul Aziz Al Saud, has previously aided the Mujahideen.

So who is really trying to recruit more terrorists. Al Qaeda or the Saudi Royals?

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I didn't think this would be poo-poohed so quickly.

However, given the newest post, I still believe that this must be ploy of some kind, and the sole purpose is really to probably recruit no-thought wanna-be Al-Quada's for suicide missions. I mean, they may need techies, but anyone who actually wants to respond to that ad can't be taken seriously.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
The nerve of al-qaeda openly recruiting for a criminal/terrorist organization gets responses like 'about time al-qaeda got some decent audio/visual guys' like its a freaking tv show or something, you people have serious issues the main one being you have no idea what loyalty is or where it lies for you...

hahahaha!!!!!

Thanks for the laugh!

Yeah, i'm sure this is real and that we should all be very worried because obviously the best way to 'recruit' into your secret organisation which has so far illuded all global authorities, is by advertising on the internet for people to email them and they will contact you back, the best bit is they don't even say how to contact them!!

Man if you believe this is real then your the one that needs help because your a propaganda spounge.

The nerve of those pesky terrorists!!

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Al Qaida at the very least needs to invest in a tripod. I'm sick of watching the cameraman take cover (along with the camera) everytime they film some sort of bombing. First of all, the view and image quality are horrible. Now, I can accept that much- but you at least have to make an attempt to keep the camera somewhat stable. And it's not even as if they are so close to the explosion that they can't keep the camera steady. Usually they are quite far away. It just seems that when the explosion happens the Al Qaida cameraman drops one in his pants and starts shaking the camera everywhere.

I tripod, preferably secured tightly to the ground, would do wonders for al Qaida's propaganda machine. I think my high school AV Club nerds could do a far better job at filming than any of these terrorists. And who'd have thought that it'd be easier to hold steady and fire an RPG at a moving target than to stand somewhere and videotape the results? What a cheesy organization.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses
So who is really trying to recruit more terrorists. Al Qaeda or the Saudi Royals?

Undoubtedly both are, among a few other Middle Eastern nations and terrorist organizations aiding Al-Qaeda.
That 'cannon-fodder' they are and have been recruiting has been getting mauled pretty badly in Iraq.

And TheShroudOfMemphis, I got a sweet laugh for you, my friend.
Enjoy:

Keep thinking those swell thoughts you have on those make believe terrorists, etc.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

And TheShroudOfMemphis, I got a sweet laugh for you, my friend.
Enjoy............

Keep thinking those swell thoughts you have on those make believe terrorists, etc.

Wow Seekrof, that comic strip depicts reality like a crystal mirror!

Unlike Colin Powells comic strip...

external image

Now that's a joke.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by TheShroudOfMemphis]

Mod Edit: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 12/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mudja
I agree...this is ridiculous.

Yeah, Osama's hiring. Wanna join up? Visit our headquarters at:

Osama's Secret Cave
Afghanistan Border

:p

Visit Langley Virginia you mean

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rouschkateer
How awful is it that not only is the media practically gloating over the fact the Al-Quida wants to hire outsiders, but they even have the specifics on what they are looking for? I think this just opens doors for US spys.

Thoughts? Ideas?

I hope it does open the door to US spies. Nothing wrong with that from my perspective.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Psychoses

Why would the Saudi's support bin laden. He wants to see the down fall of that society. Don't you wonder why he hasn't been caught?!?!?! I feel that he is a wild card on both sides.

new topics

top topics

join