learn more

Hurricane Isabel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Well..........
I don't know how long my electricity or internet will hold out....probably longer than my connection to ATS will....
BUT, I am about 2 hours NW of Outer Banks/Hat., and the wind is doing gusts of 60+/- mph.....already and Isabel hasn't made landfall yet.

I am positive, seriously, that AF is being hammered with 80+/- mph gusts and flooding. Beach errosion is probably at a premium right now.

I will try to keep things informed as I can.
The 'eye' is projected to go west of where I live, but how much will depend. Its the right front of the hurricane that carries the great winds and gusts.....

Oh......storm surge is expected at 11-15 feet +......major flooding, especially enlight of the amounts of rain we had prior to Isabel....not good.

regards
seekerof

AF1

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Not yet Seek. I still got power, and the only thing to do right now is just chill on ATS. We've been getting hit most of the night, and windspeeds are around 40 mph. They are saying that everything will start to pick up this afternoon.

Also say that the high tide is gonna start around 2:00pm here, around the same time the storm starts rolling on through Hampton Roads. They are expecting major flooding, hell I wouldn't be suprised if there's a new Sandbridge acouple miles inland in a couple days.

The eye of the storm is also gonna be hitting west of me. This thing is hauling ass. I'll keep trying to report in as often as possible.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Portsmouth, VA........NE of me, just reported wind gusts of 66 +/- mph.....

regards
seekerof

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Just thought you might like to see this picture of Hurricane Isabel taken from the sea, not sure where it came from, a friend sent it by email.

Some really impressive cloud formation goin' on there!

Click for image

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by UniversalFiction
Just thought you might like to see this picture of Hurricane Isabel taken from the sea, not sure where it came from, a friend sent it by email.

Some really impressive cloud formation goin' on there!

Click for image

Hope I don't come across like a meanie, but that's not actually a pic of Isabel....
www.snopes.com...

-B.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join