It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People believe in the stupidest things!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ancient Hindu Strategic Air Command.

Underground cities of shape-shifting lizards.

"Chem-trails".

Mayan calendar predicting the end of the world.

David Icke.

John Titor.

Jews blowing up the Pentagon.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Off_The_Street]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:54 PM
link   
WTC7 collapsing from fire.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Off_The_Street
Ancient Hindu Strategic Air Command.

Underground cities of shape-shifting lizards.

"Chem-trails".

Mayan calendar predicting the end of the world.

David Icke.

John Titor.

Jews blowing up the Pentagon.

[edit on 18-10-2005 by Off_The_Street]

All of the above, good call Off_The_Street.

I would a bit more emphasis on John Titor.

Here are a few of mine:

- Cydonia, Iapetus and Richard Hoagland
- John Titor
- Ancient, highly advanced technology and Jonathan Gray
- Self-proclaimed psychics like Ed Dames and Sean Morton
- Moon being artifical
- Did I mention John Titor?

GoldEagle

[edit on 10/18/2005 by GoldEagle]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:04 AM
link   
One more annoying case...

Creationists, every single arguement they make is awful, they lie, twist and ignore things. Morons, all of them.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:44 AM
link   
More ridiculous things for kooks to believe in:

The Federal Reserve is a government institution.

LHO killed Kennedy.

Saddam Hussein had WMDs and could attack America or Britain.

Powell's WMD intel for the UN was an "intelligence mistake".

Saddam Hussein was involved in perpetrating 9-11.

Hundreds of thousands of Iraqi troops and tanks were amassed on the Saudi border in 1990.

4000 pounds of ammonium nitrate fertilizer destroyed half of the OKC Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building.

The list goes on...It's amazing what people will believe. :shk:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Those arent obviously baloney topics.

Claiming yourself to be able to fly or move spoons, but not in front of people IS.
LHO didnt shoot Kennedy, everyone knows the KGB did.....get with it.

Arguing with creationists is the most futile thing possible. They think you are the devil's pawn by going against the will of their God, whoever it is, and only their God is correct, everyone else should be hung as a pagan.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by Raideur]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
Those arent obviously baloney topics.

Oh, I beg to differ.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
People believe in the stupidest things indeed, just as i believe that Raideur is a good poster

(sorry, i had to add a joke to this thread)

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Withoutthe tinfoil hat crowd and their crazy, off the wall, bizarre, wacked out threads; I wouldn't be here because it would be so boring just talking about mundane things where no controversy exists.

It can't get to weired for me!!

Look if the crazy stuff bothers you; click over to BTS and get your jollys discusing mp3s or tv or cooking or relationships; there's tons of fun stuff over there. So quit whining!!

And for people that can think a little bit i'd like to direct your attention to PTS.
Well lookee here! We are in BTS, not to suprising is it?

[edit on 19-10-2005 by whaaa]

[edit on 19-10-2005 by whaaa]

Ram

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Why does people at all start believing in such nonsens?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I refuse to sit idle while people turn out such nonsense and actually make other people believe it, either because they themselves dont know any different or they simply are open to suggestion.

I didnt use to outright call them liars, but even when you argue logically with them, its an attack on them and they give out the same response. If your going to post something crazy or unbelieviable, back it up with something you can PROVE.

Even things you cant prove, at least have SOMETHING besides your word and nothing more. Talk is really cheap, especially on the internet.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Even things you cant prove, at least have SOMETHING besides your word and nothing more. Talk is really cheap, especially on the internet.

I remember way back in Grade 10 Biology reading about a study where a scientist hooked up extremely sensitive sensors to plants, monitoring things such as fluid flow, pressure, ambient charge and such. He then set up a container of shrimp near the plants and set them up to be killed by electric shock. When he killed the shrimp, the pants showed elevated signals - signs of "stress".

Secondly, it has been shown that there is a brain-cell network present in the region of the human digestive system. This clump of cells reacts to certain stress and stimuli and is involved in regulating such things as digestion and vomiting. Scientists surmise that this may be the source of the common human expression, "I can feel it in my gut." Worms have a similar "brain" on that band around their bodies. Therefore, maybe you don't need a fully-formed brain to be sentient.

So there you go, maybe grass really IS sentient. Tread lightly...

external image

[edit on 2005-10-20 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Electrical shocking of a tank of water would produce a charge in the general area, and yes plants are sensitive to electrical charge, just like every other organism.

However, that wasnt a baloney statement now was it?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
freedom
'truth'
math
physics
geometry
quantum physics
time
space

CRAZY tinfoilhatters!!!

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
However, that wasnt a baloney statement now was it?

I'm trying to narrow down your definition of what is a "baloney statement". You say that WTC7 collapsing from a few small office fires is not a baloney statement, and now you back-track on saying that sentient grass is a baloney statement.

Better define your rant a little clearer before the Rant Police arrest you for libel!

PS: The small water container with the shrimps was not right next to the plants, the charge used was minimal, and control samples were used. Scientists aren't nincompoops. As for charge 'seeping out into the air' from the water, particularly when the charge used is so small, well I'm not so sure about that one...

[edit on 2005-10-20 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Believing that man with his primitive brand of physics and scientific understanding is the be all to end all; truely is one of the stupidest things people can believe in.

For a species that, was living in caves, not that long ago in the grand scheme of things, to think that "we got it now" is so arrogant, that it borders on the psychotic.

[edit on 20-10-2005 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Believing that man with his primitive brand of physics and scientific understanding is the be all to end all; truely is one of the stupidest things people can believe in.

For a species that, was living in caves, not that long ago in the grand scheme of things, to think that "we got it now" is so arrogant, that it borders on the psychotic.

i kind of agree. so do many implications of quantum physics.

check out that movie, "what the bleep do we know". it's high falootin' science for the layman.
i think to ignore science is even more psychotic.
are blenders and airplanes "majic"? there is order, and there is chaos. it is not folly to try and understand your enviroment. it is a survival tactic.

quantum weirdness sure SEEMS like majic, at this point. from some angles, it looks like it's all just an illusion that only pops into existence when you observe it.

nevermind. i'm talking to myself.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:16 PM
link   

More ridiculous things for kooks to believe in:

The Federal Reserve is a government institution.

LHO killed Kennedy.

Saddam Hussein had WMDs and could attack America or Britain.

Powell's WMD intel for the UN was an "intelligence mistake".

Saddam Hussein was involved in perpetrating 9-11.

Hundreds of thousands of Iraqi troops and tanks were amassed on the Saudi border in 1990.

4000 pounds of ammonium nitrate fertilizer destroyed half of the OKC Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building.

The list goes on...It's amazing what people will believe.

The Federal Reserve is not a government institution by no means.
The LHO, whoever that is, did not kill Kennedy, it was the Russians and the CIA that killed Kennedy.
Saddam Hussein did not have WMDs that could hit America or Britain. His weapons would have only been able to reach Israel at the farthest out.
Colin Powell was a pawn in Bush's lies about Iraq, WMDs, and Iraqi involvement in 9-11.
Hussein did not know that 9-11 was going to happen.
There were only 50,000 Iraqi troops involved in the Gulf War.
Only 1500 pounds of ammonium nitrate was used to blow up the Murrah Federal Building.

[edit on 10/20/2005 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think you might've missed the sarcasm gimmie...

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I think you might've missed the sarcasm gimmie...

Ahh, Houston that's a roger.

It's hard to derail a thread when no one's on the track in the first place...

What was that about grass...?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join