It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People believe in the stupidest things!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Dont you just love seeing all these posts in ATS about crazy aliens and mysterious ghosts, but mostly, the "My Cat is the DEVIL!@" and "I can talk to grass!" threads.

Now I know we are suppose to be unbias and take everything in a logical and objective manner, but this really just tears it.

For all of you folks who have or will post something of this magnitude of absurdity MUST realize that it is not true, regardless of what you claim to believe in. If you really do believe in it, you should be locked up. Otherwise, we both know your full of baloney.

Also, for those of you who think your being nice by saying "wow yea could be!" or "Maybe, dont give up", your REALLY not helping. Your just reinforcing this joke. Just outright say what you really think of it, and once again, for most of the obvious ones, if you cant tell its a lie, you might have a problem.

All Im asking for is for people to use their brains and think before they post. I honestly think people have enough sense, every human can think deep enough, that they can tell themselves if this is real or not.

Thus, if your posting for laughs in any manner, your going to get those, or you better get those, who say your full of bull. And that shouldnt be an insult if its the obvious truth. Im not going to cater to some mentally weak person who is grasping for attention. Neither should anyone else.

You want attention, say something intelligent that provokes thought and might lead to some rational conclusion no one thought of.

Then they will say, "Excellent, what a smart person, what insight, it makes sense."

And you wont get replies like "You just stated your cat is the devil in all seriousness, now we all turn our heads and yell in synchrony "your full of crap!"

Might be harsh, might be too much for those who need the attention, but COME ON, use your brain. Everyone was taught deductive logic, USE IT.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Really liked the part where you said:

"....now we all turn our heads and yell in synchrony "your full of crap!""
-quoted from Raideur above

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Raideur, you speak of the truth, I can admit that I am baffled by some of the threads people start sometimes. However, ATS would be no fun if we didn't have these crazy threads to laugh at. Also not everyone is a rational thinker like you and I. People do fail to see past what they believe is true (even if it defies all logic and reasoning), but that's just human nature.

GoldEagle

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
My favorite is the 'ATS MODS ARE NAZI FEDS GREYS FASCIST PIGS OUT TO GET YOU!' but that's just me.

Really, though, it's a fine line. Most people would think us insane to even consider something OTHER than the given story on 9/11, but it (well, it WAS) is a very legitimate claim. But then there are things like whether the holocaust happened or not. It's a fact. You need to treat each case carefully because there's room when it comes to 9/11, and there just plain out isn't when it comes to Hitler. UFO's? Plenty of room. Moon landind? No room.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I saw one that was about a party that was stuck in the Ural mountains and the officals later found very odd remains. It was not case closed, but was not so utterly ridiculous you have to discard it

If your claim is terribly difficult to consider, odds are you wont be able to defend it effectively. Not to mention make an idiot of yourself.

This applies mostly to the outright obvious ones.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Apparently people on this site have the idea that if they believe in something hard enough it will be made true.

GoldEagle

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
But Amorymeltzer

My favorite is the 'ATS MODS ARE NAZI FEDS GREYS FASCIST PIGS OUT TO GET YOU!' but that's just me.

Has that not been proven to be true time and time again only to have the MODS deny it and trash the threads?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldEagle
Apparently people on this site have the idea that if they believe in something hard enough it will be made true.

GoldEagle

heh im glad im not like that!

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
My favorite is the 'ATS MODS ARE NAZI FEDS GREYS FASCIST PIGS OUT TO GET YOU!'

Isn't that one true?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
eh?......i can speak to grass!

"eh?...what?......oh shut up......yeah,yeah......actually good point......yeah...ok...."

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I'm just waiting for someone to start a fight by bringing up religion. However, my vote is going to have to go to the "I am a demon hunter. Anyone know where I can find some demons?" thread. If that didn't seem so psychoticly dangerous, it would be funny.

No wait! It was funny!

Don't come to New Jersey! There are no demons here.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Hmmm Jonna (not Joanna) are you SURE there aren't any demons in NJ? I hate to break this to you but your eyes are a demon hunting hue.

[edit on 13-10-2005 by nikelbee]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by nikelbee
Hmmm Jonna (not Joanna) are you SURE there aren't any demons in NJ? I hate to break this to you but your eyes are a demon hunting hue.

[edit on 13-10-2005 by nikelbee]

That's just because of the water here. No demons, no demons at all!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Least both of you know that is baloney and joke about it.

It gets sad when people really believe in it.

It gets annoying when they try to make others believe it.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
One man's nonsense is another man's dogma.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I love the 'ancient civilisations had high tech stuff better than anything we could build' crowd. Simply because im overwhelmed by evidence of 'this story from the past says so.' Or better yet because Graham Hancock says it, and he writes real books so it must be true.

Grr. They never stop to think that perhaps even the slightest shred of plysical evidence is needed, they just ramble on.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Of course you can't talk to grass. That's patently ridiculous. Why do people start such ridiculous threads when everyone knows that only TREES are intelligent enough to talk?

Pfft! Some people! :shk:

[edit on 2005-10-18 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Talking to grass, I don't know about. Whoever posted that must have been on somet type of drug, and whatever it is, I want some.
I don't know about you guys, but..............................

I believe they have a song to sing.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Grumble....

Grumble..

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Do I hear the grass grumbling?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join