It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sealing our borders

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The 2004 Constitution Party presidential candidate, Michael Peroutka, suggested sealing our borders and declaring a moratorium on legal immigration

I agree with this. With jobs being outsourced right and left, if we have more people than jobs, it makes absolutely no sense to take in more people.

No more legal immigration for a while (except in extreme situations), and throw out all the illegals. No guest-worker programs. And forget trying to get amnesty for illegal aliens!

Bush and his bunch have their panties in a bunch over "terrorists" yet they want open borders. HUH!?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hey, if you get rid of the MILLIONS of illegals we will need legal immigrants. But what to do with illegals? Send them back? But they got here before... Send them to Africa and laugh as they deal with a place worse then home. "So having food everynight, even if it's just beans, ain't so bad now is it compared to starving to death? Too bad, have fun in Africa before you die."

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
Hey, if you get rid of the MILLIONS of illegals we will need legal immigrants. But what to do with illegals? Send them back? But they got here before... Send them to Africa and laugh as they deal with a place worse then home. "So having food everynight, even if it's just beans, ain't so bad now is it compared to starving to death? Too bad, have fun in Africa before you die."

I'm talking mostly about those who sneak over our southern border. Kick them all out.

After we're done with that, just use census data to determine how many are here legally, and how many jobs there are, and go from there. We have our next census coming up in 2010.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Because I can only talk about the south I can add to this thread one thing.

If it wasn't for the migrant workers in the south of GA the crops will wither in the fields the only people that I have seen working in the farms are migrant workers.

I guess is some jobs that nobody wants but them.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Because I can only talk about the south I can add to this thread one thing.

If it wasn't for the migrant workers in the south of GA the crops will wither in the fields the only people that I have seen working in the farms are migrant workers.

I guess is some jobs that nobody wants but them.

Trust me, there would be people grabbing them up if we didn't have migrant workers. If you need to provide for your family, you will take what's available. I'd have nothing against picking fruit myself if it'll put food on the table. Thing is, people hiring migrant workers know they can pay them less.

I can't believe you're actually parroting Bush on this one!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Actually most of the unemployed in my area of the woods will stick to government help as long as they can, before sweating in the fields. that is the way it is around here.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Amethyst:

I think you and I finally agree on something!

I am 100% for kicking out the illegals and shutting down the borders. We need the work here for our own unemployed. And too quick are those who are here illegally to lie and get public assistance that the hard-working have to pay for. They clog our streets, don't pay taxes, and are a security threat as well.

Go home!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Actually most of the unemployed in my area of the woods will stick to government help as long as they can, before sweating in the fields. that is the way it is around here.

Tell you what, get rid of the migrant workers and they'll be without excuse. Here in Ohio, to stay on unemployment, you have to prove that you've been job-hunting. Here in town, at the Bureau of Employment Services or whatever you call it, they have jobs listed on the walls.

top topics

join