It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Worying Truth About Blair's Britain

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Last week, The Labour Party, that is to say, the so-called British Government held their annual conference. This was their chance to disassociate themselves from the negative press coverage and population feedback they have been receiving recently on a number of issues. But the image they managed to project was that of an arrogant, power-wielding dictatorship. Any ordinary Government would have been extraordinarily embarrassed about what occurred there, but this self-obsessed bunch of megalomaniacs seemed to be very proud of their achievements.

For those of you that aren’t aware of what occurred, let me briefly outline the situation.

On Friday, 12 ordinary citizens out doing their shopping were murdered in cold-blood. Another 102 people, almost a quarter of which were children were slaughtered in a terrorist attack the day before. In fact, in the place to which I am referring, there are about 500 attacks of terrorism taking place EVERY WEEK. The place? Iraq.

Iraq is getting worse, not better. The country’s entire infrastructure is coming apart at the seams, mob rule has become reality rather than a worry, British and US troops are coming under constant and dangerous attacks. They simply are not wanted there.

At one point last week, the TV news showed a British tank containing a number of soldiers come under attack from Iraqi civilians. They pelted the armoured vehicle with so many petrol bombs that it caught fire. Yes, this flame-proof vehicle went up in flames. The soldiers inside had no option but to escape from the tank, straight into the mob of angry civilians, who continued to pelt them with stones, firebombs and sticks. It was terrifying footage.

And the man responsible for putting our brave boys into this cauldron of hate, Mister Tony Blair, mentioned absolutely nothing about this during the Labour Party conference. What’s wrong, Mr Blair? Do you think maybe that the publicity may have a detrimental effect on that image you have so carefully being cultivating since you came into power? This man, who’s pathetic, artificial crocodile tears after 9/11 and 7/7 made the nation angrier rather than appeased, is, at least partly responsible for these situations. Why doesn’t he and his master, George W Bush, for once listen to the citizens of their respective countries? I heard the voices. I truly believed at the start that the Iraqis were developing weapons of mass destruction. I was wrong. I hold up my hands and admit it. So why won’t those guys?

The Iraqis, as far as I’m aware, were not contravening any laws regarding the creation of weapons (which by the way, it’s absolutely fine for us and the Americans to develop, because remember- we’re the good-guys in all this!)

Yes, the good-guys who invaded a country with no legal grounds. Ask the UN.

“Wait,” I hear you cry. “We went there to oust the president, Saddam Hussein and liberate the people from his dictatorship.” Okay, fair enough. Well, we’ve done that now. Mr Hussein is now sat in a US military prison awaiting trial. So why are our troops still out there, in imminent danger of the genocide which is sweeping the country in the wave of terror? I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again- we went and liberated a country that didn’t want to be liberated.

The very brief mention of the situation in Iraq at the Labour Party Conference this week, was when a certain MP (not Mr Blair, he was probably sat in his five-star hotel eating truffles and drinking champagne at our expense at the time), said that taking British troops out of the country would not be a positive step to the liberation of Iraq at the present time. “Nonsense,” came a voice from the crowd.

Oh dear. That bad, bad, evil man who stupidly and arrogantly uttered his opinion was an eighty-two year old pensioner named Walter Wolfgang. And he had the nerve to disagree with the Government’s opinion. So what happened? He was approached by numerous security guards, and man-handled out of the venue. That should teach you something, Mr Wolfgang. What this Government says goes, whether you, as a member of the tax-paying electorate, like it or not. The scenes were disgraceful.

But this is nothing new under this dictating regime which polices (yes, polices, not runs) this country right now. Mr Wolfgang was simply a visual, personified document of what happens to every business, institution, group or individual which dares to question the current government.

I read in one newspaper over the weekend, and this is a direct quote, that “Mr Blair now has more powers, and fewer restraints on those powers, than any Western European leader since Spain’s General Franco.” This is a terrifying prospect for us law-abiding citizens, who are currently being watched and monitored thoroughly by this government.

Her majesty the Queen, in this country, is a symbol of freedom and democracy. She has (whether you agree with it or not), complete constitutional powers over the government, which give her the absolute right to be consulted on major decisions. I agree that her role is simply symbolic, but she has been in this position for over fifty years, and has a wealth of experience she can draw on. But Blair treats her like an old woman who should be locked out of the way or thrown in a care home. His Cabinet just go along with whatever he says, whether they like it or not, or they will be thrown out of Downing Street rather like Mr Wolfgang was thrown out of the conference hall. Blair (and his team of advisors, which were personally chosen by him and not elected into their positions by the British people), makes the decisions, and everyone (the Queen and the Cabinet included) is expected to follow his lead like lapdogs, otherwise… well, you know what happens!

All debate, argument and constructive criticism of ‘President’ Blair’s decisions and policies are ruthlessly stifled. Dissenting voices are vilified by smear campaigns orchestrated by the Prime Ministers press office.

When Blair came into power, he cleared the House of Lords of the heredity Peers (so far so good), but replaced them with his yes-men and cronies. When these cronies had the nerve to listen to the British Public as opposed to his spin machine, Blair simply over-ruled them. Party Officials who dare to speak out on any situation are bullied back into line or sacked.

And, as Mr Wolfgang found out to his expense, even the party conference (note: conference is derived from the verb confer, which according to the Collins English Dictionary means: to discuss, deliberate, discourse, consult, talk…) has turned into a reminiscence of Communist Soviet rule. All the whooping and cheering at these staged “discussions” is carefully choreographed before the media is let in, and anyone who fails to join in the orchestrated adulation is dragged from their seat, as Mr Wolfgang was, and put into police custody. It is a disgrace, but worse than that, it is terrifying for every British person still living under the delusion that this is a free country, a place where we have our freedoms and rights.

Mister Blair’s response, when he found out about Walter Wolfgang’s physical removal from the conference, was that he wasn’t there at the time. So? You’re the Prime Minister, for God’s sake. YOU are responsible for it. Issue this man with a full public apology, and explain to us, the people of Britain, what the hell is going on!

It won’t happen though. I’m afraid this is simply New Labour. It’s a dictatorship. The electorate simply do as they’re told. It’s disgraceful.

But it doesn’t end there. Oh no. This one goes on. Did anyone notice that this incident regarding Mr Wolfgang was NOT reported on the Government-funded BBC? Yep, there’s the harsh truth folks- the man is controlling the media, too. The BBC is supposed to be a public service- we pay for it, for God’s sake, but it’s gagged and controlled by the government. If Hussein was ousted from power for Dictatorship, shouldn’t we be looking a little closer to home?

Free speech is a thing of the past in this country. It no longer exists. It has been stifled and gagged by this government. Their excuse is that it is in the name of the anti-terrorist operations, but hell, hasn’t that been their excuse for everything since 9/11? I refer to ID cards, press gags, and the re-directing or all out cancelling of protest marches.

There are already many, many laws which are in place to try to prevent terrorism, incitement, conspiracy and treason, so why are they working on more and more which slowly but surely erode our civil liberties? Is it only me that reckons that the government has a hidden agenda? Or am I just paranoid?

And don’t you find it odd how the police found it so easy to lock-up an 82-year old man for saying the word “nonsense” during a government conference, yet don’t seem to have the powers to detain the animal rights activists who are threatening to attack nursery schools? I guess we simply have to wait until a child is killed by these psychos before this government treats them with the same severity as he treats our harmless pensioners.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
"You have voted aarghapanda for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month."

An OUTSTANDING post!

A couple of things I wanted to comment on:

Originally posted by aarghapanda
Mister Blair’s response, when he found out about Walter Wolfgang’s physical removal from the conference, was that he wasn’t there at the time.

Alas this is typical of Blair. "I wasn't there, so I wont judge anyone." Great Tony... now smile, wave a bit perhaps, and exit stage left with noone hauling your arse back on to the podium to ask you wtf you think you are up to.

I’m afraid this is simply New Labour. It’s a dictatorship. The electorate simply do as they’re told. It’s disgraceful.

Couldn't agree more. It is ironic though with your comments on the now gagged BBC, that I draw a phrase from BBC 1's Spooks: Velvet Facism.

If Hussein was ousted from power for Dictatorship, shouldn’t we be looking a little closer to home?

And on that note if anyone needs further proof that Blair and Co don't give a damn what we say, I will remind everyone of the Million Man March in 2003 (it was actually closer to two million but the police were under orders to scale it down). We are only a small nation remember so when that many people come to London to voice their opinion in such a vocal manner (I was there and I was almost deaf for the next two days lol) would it not be wise to listen? Blair doesnt think so because he doesnt care.

Free speech is a thing of the past in this country.

Indeed, and with that moron Murdoch trying to further damage the BBC in a bid to gain more power it can only get worse.

All in all though a great post!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
And alas the other thing wrong with this country is that there is no other effective choice for the electorate - and indeed our current electoral system is so stacked against the principle of true representation ....

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
....But is there a better system?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Long post, but there is some descrepencies among it. I assume most of it is based on your own opinion, because some of the statements you make are not true. (i did say some)

I have good knowledge regarding the explots in Iraq, some of which you have quoted, and i would just like to point them out.

Iraq is getting worse, not better. The country’s entire infrastructure is coming apart at the seams, mob rule has become reality rather than a worry, British and US troops are coming under constant and dangerous attacks. They simply are not wanted there.

Mob rule is not a reality. It is the insurgents who are.

At one point last week, the TV news showed a British tank containing a number of soldiers come under attack from Iraqi civilians. They pelted the armoured vehicle with so many petrol bombs that it caught fire. Yes, this flame-proof vehicle went up in flames. The soldiers inside had no option but to escape from the tank, straight into the mob of angry civilians, who continued to pelt them with stones, firebombs and sticks. It was terrifying footage.

It was a British Warrior that was petrol bombed, and no, it did not catch fire. That was the petrol burning. The Warrior was back out on patrol the following day.The troops that were in the Warrior ,were subjected to their clothing burning, but that was only the petrol burning, and not their clothing. This link shows that, and goes on to describe what happened.
There is no mention of the 'mob of angry civilians' continuing to pelt them with stones etc.

Their clothing will not burn either, it will only melt. I know. I actually test the military gear for flammability.

And don’t you find it odd how the police found it so easy to lock-up an 82-year old man for saying the word “nonsense” during a government conference

He wasn't locked up by the Police. He was removed from the conference. I admit that it was heavy handed, but you need to get your facts straight before you sensationalize things.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Bikereddie, I am just stating the fact that have been presented to me, and offering my opinion, but if the facts are incorrect then I apologise.

Originally posted by Bikereddie

And don’t you find it odd how the police found it so easy to lock-up an 82-year old man for saying the word “nonsense” during a government conference

He wasn't locked up by the Police. He was removed from the conference. I admit that it was heavy handed, but you need to get your facts straight before you sensationalize things.

Was he not detained under the Terrorism Act? I thought he was....or am I misinformed again?

top topics

join