It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bio electric nanos?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 05:52 AM
link   
i have had this theory for quite a while now, and i know that there are a few here at ATS who have an interest in nanotechnologies, so i would like to put it forward and see if they have any ideas and thoughts on the subject.

if nanos are put into the human body, what would they use as fuel? power packs run out quickly, and also may take up too much space. so why not fuel them with the body's natural electricity? if a converter can be built small enough the nanos could stay in the body for a longer period

any thoughts are welcome

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 05:17 AM
link   
any thoughts?

any at all?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I guess it would depend on how much Mass the nanos had in total.

If you where talking about a few thousand then I guess they could use the bodies own electrical supply.

But more than that ? At what level would the Nanos start taking more power than the body has to spare. But this could be the Diet to end all diets.

Imagine just be injecting a vial full of nanos you could lose a stone, but at the same time the nanos could be doing something else (reparing cells etc), could be a pretty cool part of Nano-Technology

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
so the saying 'great minds think alike' is true then

yes the reasons that i came up with this idea is that these nanos could add significant medical support to the body, and run for a significantly longer period than battery powered nanos

potential uses (depending on the state of medtech at the time):

improved healing time
support for antibodies against viruses, disease, bacteria
cell regeneration in vital organs, and other sensitive areas (eyes, ears etc.)

nano surgery is a fascinating concept, but it may be many years away

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Well, I'm sure that when the technology comes around enough to make nanotech plausible for widespread use, the technology will also come into play that lets the nanos use your own body heat as fuel. If not that, then they could feasibly consume haemoglobin, or red blood cells, or anything that your body produces. A smart scientist would make it run of Lactic Acid, or whatever the # gets in your muscles after a good long run. Anyhoo, i think I'm done here. Peace.

new topics

top topics

join