It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To our Health Experts a question on masks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Anyone who is interested in learning more about US military issue protective masks is welcome to contact me privately for more info. I know just about everything there is to know about modern US Army masks and would be more than happy to share info.

As someone mentioned, though...the issue of decontamination is a major consideration, especially with an (assumed) limited ability to resupply during a quarantine.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Hi, seems like you all may be happy I found your site. We sell NIOSH approved N95 Particulate Respirators and standard earloop surgical masks. We accept Paypal as well as Google checkout. If you need pay some other way please call us at 904-325-6677 or email us at [email protected] we would be happy to accommodate you. I can almost guarantee that you will not find a cheaper price for these masks on the internet or anywhere else for that matter. We are not an affiliate or drop shipper, we have direct connections with the manufacturers and happen to have an overstock of these masks. They are being sold right around cost. Buy cases of 240 Ambitex N95 Particulate Respirators ($79.36) and cases of 500 Ambitex Earloop Surgical Masks (18.70) from our website here: Disposable Face Masks I hope this helps, please don't hesitate to call us or e-mail us if you have any problems. You can find us on Amazon and Ebay by searching for Glove Outlet but it is cheaper to buy direct from our web site. Free shipping on orders over $100. Visit us at disposable-face-masks.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Actually, the mask you use is depending on what biological hazards you face. Flu and cold viruses could easily be stopped by a surgical mask ( the one you find in waiting room in hospital.)

N 95 and N 100 mask filter some small particles found in some viral and bacterial diseases.

The N 95 is for 95 % of particle and it's more easier to breath with.

The N 100 filter 100% of particle that is commonly know as health hazards.

The best way to find is a mask fit you it's with a fit test. NIOSH reccomands that a fit test should be conduct every 6 months to worker exposed occupational hazards concerning the breathing.

Morphological changes of the face, a lost or gain of weight, the beard is all a cause of the mask that will not fit you. Only the fit test will determine if the mask fit you.

Actually the best mask is an CBRN Mask, for biological warfares. It's the best protection but really expensive and not easy to find.

Hopefully my answer will help you.

<< 1  2   >>

join