It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel: Proper behavior of an ally?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Yes but the world opinion is objective; they consider Sharon as a polititian instead of a murderer too.

Touche'....neither are angels, by any stretch of the imagination.

However, Isreal tends to react to Palestinian terrorism, not the other way around. Just this morning, a PLO rep was saying that the bombings were because of Isreali actions, assassinating Hammas leaders, etc. when he failed to mention that a bombing preceded all of these actions...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Pyros: "At Camp David in July 1999, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak offers Arafat 92 percent of the West Bank, all of Gaza, Arab neighborhoods of East Jerusalem, Palestinian statehood and the dismantling of most settlements"

Um, nope. First off, they offered NONE of Jerusalem. Secondly, the West Bank and Gaza are ALREADY Palestinian. Thirdly, it was the dismantling of some settlements, a small amount.

I agree that Arafat was the culprit who walked away from the proceedings, but Israel didn't offer them hardly anything they wanted (specifically Jerusalem (or East Jerusalem) and the RIGHT OF RETURN)). The agreement stipulated that once it was agreed upon, the Palestinians could never again re-negotiate any of the sticking points. That's quite a bitter pill..

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Secondly, the West Bank and Gaza are ALREADY Palestinian.

Uhmm...point of order here... Palestine doesn't exist as a state yet, so technically...NOTHING is already Palestinian, hehe....
That's the whole point here, Isreal was offering recognition and acknowledgement of sovereignty, which would then also put it in a position of officially receiving foreign aid, loans, etc. This would have been a great starting point. So what if they agreed they'd never renegotiate for more? After years of behaving like a decent neighbor, if they wanted to renegotiate, international pressure would then be on Isreal to do so...not the Palestinians... The point is, they aren't even willing to compromise. They want it all, and they want it all now, like spoiled children, who lash out when they don't get their way. So, Isreal responds by taking their toys away, and punishing the upstarts.... Duh...what else do they expect???

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I hate to say this, but I am really starting to get the impression that there will be no peace until one side "loses" and one side "wins" ...unfortunety both sides have allies that will try to prevent this. This will lead to a global conflict I fear. Let's face it, peace is not an obligation, it is a desire. The Palastinian and Israeli govts. have both failed to demostrate real desire for peace. The desire for peace however becomes lost in the muddle of pride and revenge. It will take war to clarify their points of view. The question is how great of a war?

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I don't think the world will go to war over the Palestinian/Isreali issue....

Personally, I'm more worried about the Euro vs. Dollar issue, being the spark of WWIII.
No matter what the claimed cause...wars are always started for economic reasons....

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Ill accept Arafats removal and execution only when Sharon is dangling from a nheighboring rope.

Both are #ing murderous thieving lying #s who deserve to be tried for the criminals they are. Arafat for encouraging terrorism, and Sharon for being a mass murderer.

Fulcrum, Iraq kicked the # out of Iran. We kicked the # out of Iraq. Thus, in theory, we could kick the # out of Iran. Iran hardly worries me tho, except the Israelis provoking it into an attack.

The Israelis are VERY good at provocing attacks, then answering back with alot of violnce as justification, ect.

Israel posses US nuke technology. Some of thier nhukes come from France. We gave them the rest.

See what our support for Israel does for us? Just makes things worse. I still dont understand why a country as rich and as advanced as israel needs Billions of dollars in US aid.

Its a #ing racket!

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
US
Britain
Israel
Murderous Imperialists.
You and me,as citizens,really do not have half the info we need to know what they are up to,we just foot the bill to pay them for #ing everything up that they touch.
They fight,we die.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
www.usainreview.com...

On February 27, 2003, the article The Forgotten Terrorist examined Yasser Arafat's involvement in the hostage-taking and murder of U.S. Ambassador Cleo Noel and Charge d' Affairs George Curtis Moore, in Khartoum, Sudan, on March 2, 1973. The article described the communication intercepts by the National Security Agency (NSA) of messages between Arafat and the Black September terrorist who brutally murdered Noel and Moore.

I agree. One shouldn't kill diplomats.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:53 AM
link   
If they were civilians there may have been a crime committed,a terrorist killing a diplomat doesn't count as a crime , it counts more as a peacekeeping mission.
One piece of garbage eliminating another amounts to getting rid of half of the garbage,that is a good thing.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
The world considers Ariel Sharon a politician and head of state because he was ELECTED to the post by a DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENT, which represents a society of free people.

Sorry kid

The world was considering these two ass holes as politicians and heads of states because they were ELECTED to the post by DEMOCRATIC GOVERNMENTS, which represents a society of free people.

They are probably your heroes ? When asked about the jews and what he was doing to them hitler was responding :

Originally posted by Pyros
The Palestinians are getting EXACTLY WHAT THEY DESERVE.
Replace Palestinians by Jews.

And ask Bin Laden about 9/11... Same thing...

People who think like that don't resolve problems, they only drive them worse. According to the fact that the Israeli gvt and you don't see the difference between a palestinian and a hamas, ( Wich for your education represent 0,001 % of the palestinian population. ) I'm not surprise to learn that:

"The Jerusalem Post took a strong editorial stand today, calling on Israel to kill Yasser Arafat:
"The world will not help us; we must help ourselves. We must kill as many of the Hamas and Islamic Jihad leaders as possible, as quickly as possible, while minimizing collateral damage, but not letting that damage stop us. And we must kill Yasser Arafat, because the world leaves us no alternative." "

Emerge in the real world, Sharon is not better than Arafat, they both wear old hatred and they both need to be removed.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I'd love to see support on the statements that the US or Israel for that matter would have trouble defeating Iran. Spare us the dramatic doomsaying. Iran would be a 3 week tussle.
Of course Uninen doesn't seem to believe the US military can beat anyone. I suppose the rest of the world is incorrect for considering the US a military superpower then.
Last time I heard anything from them Iran's military was a multi headed hydra without clear knowledge internally of who actually was in charge. Additionally for 30 years now they've made a habit of refurbishing opponents' weapons and vehicles that get abandoned during battle, and attempting to duplicate the technology in rather crude fashions. Doesn't sound like a group the US should "fear".

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Iran attacks Israel????
Have you guys seen a map??
You have to go through Iraq first, what chance is that going to happen???

None at all.....

<< 1   >>

join