It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Cambodian Couple Suck Daughter's Blood

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A Cambodian couple bit off parts of their daughter's fingers and nose to suck her blood in a ritual reportedly driven by black magic. Neighbors rescued the girl and summoned the police after hearing her screaming in pain. The parents have now been taken to a local black magic healer for treatment. Apparently, many people in the Cambodian countryside are extremely superstitious and believe in evil spirits and communicate with the dead.

news.yahoo.com
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Black magic may have driven a Cambodian couple to bite off their daughter's thumb nails and suck her blood, officials said Sunday.

Chheng Chhorn, 46, and Srun Yoeung, 37, attacked their 12-year-old child before dawn on Thursday while she was still asleep, biting off her thumb nails and a small part of her nose to drink her blood, said Keo Norea Phy, a police official in Kampong Cham province where the incident occurred.

Neighbors rushed to the couple's house and rescued the girl after hearing her screams, he said.

After treatment at a hospital in Kampong Cham, about 50 miles east of Phom Penh, the girl was placed in the custody of other villagers. Relatives had taken her parents to a black magic healer to chase away the evil spirit that was believed to have possessed them, the police official said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This is a shocking story, I can't believe parents would do this to their children.

The fact that the parents aren't in custody and have been taken to a witchdoctor for treatment is equally shocking.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
The fact that the parents aren't in custody and have been taken to a witchdoctor for treatment is equally shocking.

Yeah I noticed that part also. They belong in jail rather then in a witchdoctors office.

Maybe that sort of thing is an excepted pratice over there albeit a horrid practice.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thats just twisted, will that even want to see her parents after that? I know what I would want to do, and it involves violence.

Some people can be really sick.

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Zanzibar]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What the hell?

I'm not sure I understand what is going on...
They precision-canibalized their kid while it slept peacefully?!?!
Because of their beliefs?
Is this possible?

[edit on 10/9/2005 by theBLESSINGofVISION]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
theBLESSINGofVISION, I don't hink it is. What would you do, keep your child safe of drink their blood for religion. I think everyone here knows the answer to that question

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   
At least they had the good sense not to try biting off bits of her toes & feet. Mayby we can get a few of those witchdoctor healers to serve as moderators on ATS.

I wonder if she tasted good?

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Astronomer68]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is a sad story, but it is all down to their beliefs. Not sure what they are, but it states that the couple were taken to a black magic healer, and not a witch doctor.

witch doctor
n. Anthropology.
A sorcerer, prophet, or shamanistic healer, especially among African peoples. Not in scientific use.

black magic (healing)
n.
Magic/healing practiced for evil purposes or in league with supposed evil spirits;.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astronomer68
At least they had the good sense not to try biting off bits of her toes & feet. Mayby we can get a few of those witchdoctor healers to serve as moderators on ATS.

I wonder if she tasted good?

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Astronomer68]

Thats a bit sick Astro, sorry, but i fail to see the humour with this story.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Yeah, that was in poor taste--my apologies.

top topics

join