It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crack-Addicted Squirrels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   
It seems drug addicts have been burying stashes of crack coc aine in London and local squirrels have dug up the drugs and have become addicted, causing some odd behavior:

SQUIRRELS are getting hooked on crack coc aine — hidden by addicts in gardens.
They are digging up the stashes and eating the mega-addictive drug, which comes in small chunks.

Several have been spotted behaving bizarrely in Brixton, South London, since a police blitz against pushers and users.

One resident said: “My neighbour said dealers had used my garden to hide crack.

“Just an hour earlier I’d seen a squirrel digging in the flower-beds.

“It was ill-looking and its eyes looked bloodshot, but it kept on desperately digging. It seems a strange thing to say, but it seemed to know what it was looking for.”
Other residents have seen squirrels become unusually aggressive.
They have been known to attack park visitors in their search for a fix.

The Sun

Looks like we have something else to worry about now -- drug-crazed squirrels!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Hahahaha!! Funny stuff!! But oh man, poor animals..

I thought the smell would scare them away, but oooh no!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I told oyu!!! I told you all they were evil... but no... none of you believe me... evil evil evil.... evil!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   
And the supplier thats doping up these drugs? Well, lets justsay the name is branded on them

Oh yes Cpr12r, we're catching on

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
this is ludicrous. the squirrels have bloodshot eyes?

what are the dealers and addicts burying their dope in? acorn shells?

since when do squirrels dig into the dirt for food?

I'd be more concerned that the squirrels have rabies or some other disease.

they aren't addicts.
the drugs would kill them as the squirrels wouldn't know when to stop eating and their little hearts wouldn't be able to handle the narcotics

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I just want to know how you would determine if a squirrel's eyes were bloodshot?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
they aren't addicts.
the drugs would kill them as the squirrels wouldn't know when to stop eating and their little hearts wouldn't be able to handle the narcotics

I doubt they're saving any for later. It is crack. But they're also in little danger unless they find a lighter buried out there too.

Crack doesn't kill people, lighters kill people.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Don't know much about squirrels, do you, city-slicker?

Squirrels bury acorns and other food sources all over the place. They have to as their memory isn't that great and they play hit and miss trying to relocate dinner when winter comes.

Darn that George Bush for letting Halliburton do this to the squirrels!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANTI doubt they're saving any for later. It is crack. But they're also in little danger unless they find a lighter buried out there too.

my point exactly. they'd ingest the rock and have a wonderful rush right before their little hearts exploded.

what's even sadder, and has not been mentioned anywhere is how they sell their acorns and nuts for crack and eventually they are out there at 4 in the morning offering to "nibble" for a buck. then there's the crack squirrel babies. that's the saddest.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas CrowneDon't know much about squirrels, do you, city-slicker?

I grew up in the burbs. never saw a squirrel dig once. maybe it was all those acorns everywhere.

now I am more attuned to the inner thoughts of the city rat. not talking small mouse but, rather, the "kill your pit bull and screw the corpse for kicks" city rat.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Holy cow!

I'll stick to the squirrels, I think.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:56 AM
link   
not very funny but I heard a guy in my building complaining that he saw a group of rats in the basement near the laundry room. He said they were clearly not afraid of him (he's 6'5 and fat) and actually appeared to be trying to scare him.

Crack squirrels are so much safer

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

They put them into the ground [food] for the months when the trees will not have any. :-) In areas where nuts can be found most of the year 80% and above, they do not need to do such a thing and don't waste the energy.

Instead they climb trees and take smack.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
on the bright side, a wired squirrel can forage and store enough food for the winter months in about 8 minutes, leaving the rest of the foraging months for fun and vacation. not sure where squirrels go on vacation but I do recall seeing one waterski so I'm assuming somewhere near the water.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I DONT BUY IT

Drug dogs will die if they bite into a bag of coc aine so what makes me think that something with a much MUCH smaller heart and more rapid pulse would be able to live on some crack?

pshah yea right and monkeys might fly out of my butt.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I DONT BUY IT

Drug dogs will die if they bite into a bag of coc aine so what makes me think that something with a much MUCH smaller heart and more rapid pulse would be able to live on some crack?

Perhaps if you had ever bought it you'd buy it.

Because like I keep trying to say without breaking the TAC, crack needs help to become coc aine again. You can chew it like candy all day long (as several kindergarteners did recently if you follow the news) and get little more then the buzz you might off chewing a cigarette if you NEVER smoked tobacco before.

But without either a lighter or a particular citrus product, some knowledge of chemistry and a syringe, you are NOT getting high off crack no matter how long you look at it, smell it, chew it up, carry it in your furry little pouch or digest it.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I mean it is The Sun, so I'm not defending the story as factual, but I'm saying it's plausible.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
so you are saying if one ingested crack it's not going to have full effect?

I've no exprience with crack, however when they smoke it I am sure it's more of the RUSH high.

Eating drugs usually makes them more potent just takes time for them to get into blood stream. and a tree rat eating a rock?

and rant if I did buy it, well woohah, but i'm more of DOWN syndrome

so the coc aine is totally inactive when fused with baking soda? find it a bit hard to believe, i mean is the animal going to atleast get a numb mouth? :p

protect yo dopamine cells it's a crazy world out there, even for squirels

ps: yeah the sun I did notice url :p

[edit on 9-10-2005 by Lysergic]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Not even close. Crack is the 'dumbing down' of coke to begin with. But this subject has already become too instructional. So I'm just saying no to any more replies.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

um, I don't know where you heard that. I have never experience equipment failure so, to all you women out there, ingest crak and you will get the full effect.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join