It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(HSSC) The Destroyers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Journal Entry 10/30/05 11:27 P.M.

Tomorrow, October 31, is my twenty seventh birthday. My official coming of age, if you will. However, I am not like you. I see things that others do not. It is my duty to protect mankind from these things that are working against us. I am a machine of flesh and bone, muscles and tendons straining together for one purpose. Death.

When the facts are sorted out later, many will question my motives and sanity. I assure you that my thought process is clear and valid. I know what I am doing and why I am doing it.

There are monsters in our midst. They look like you and me. These monsters run around free, while the innocent are slain. They hide behind their masks and pretend to be innocent law abiding citizens. I assure you, they are not. I have seen them for what they are. I know what they do at night. I even came up with a name for them, Destroyers.

I don’t truly know what they are or where they come from. I do know they are masters of disguise. The untrained eye wouldn’t be able to pick one out of a crowd, so elaborate are their disguises. Upon closer inspection, differences are able to be noted. The easiest way to identify one is when you corner them, they shift uncomfortably back and forth and their eyes dart around searching for an escape.

There are Destroyers in every walk of life; from doctors and politicians to truck drivers and waitresses. They kill men and women and children and babies! Do you people not see this? How can you be so blind? Maybe they have some sort of mind control that I am not affected by.

I have been planning this for several months. I have even captured and interrogated several of them. They are tough. You cannot break them down. They would sooner die than sell out their accomplices.

The first one I caught was disguised as a middle aged man. I saw him jogging. Jogging! Can you believe it? As if he was actually concerned about his health. I watched him for a couple of days before I made my move. I waited under a bridge and tripped him when he ran over. I sprang up and tied him up quickly. I drug him through the woods to a deserted parking lot where my van was. I got him home and tied him in the basement. I questioned him extensively. He never broke. All he did was cry and carry on about his wife and kids. “Please don’t kill me” and all that rubbish. He even produced pictures of his “family”. Like I would buy that. I had to kill him. I strangled him with a piece of hose and buried him in the basement.

The second one I caught hid behind the mask of a twenty-something college student. She worked evenings in a hospital and walked to her car in the parking garage all alone. I parked beside her and waited. She hardly struggled. She was the same as the first one and wouldn’t admit to anything. She never cried or begged for mercy like the first one. Instead she pretended to pray. How that infuriated me! How dare that foul creature defile my God by praying to Him? I took a chainsaw to her and cut her into small pieces and put her out with the garbage.

I must rest now. Tomorrow is going to be a big day. I will try to update soon.

Journal Entry 10/31/05 10:05 A.M.

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me. Good morning loyal readers. Actually, great morning. I woke at six and went out for reconnaissance work. Around eight I spotted three Destroyers walking into a restaurant. I saw two more leaving. I hid out on a bench down the street and watched. No one but Destroyers were going in and out. After months and months of fruitless investigation, I stumble across their hangout.

I am going to read my paper, eat a bite and finish my coffee; then I’m off to eliminate as many of them as I can. It’s up to me to save mankind. I probably won’t be back to update my journal anymore. So loyal readers, farewell and wish me luck.

From the Highland Times 11/01/05

Over the lunch hour yesterday, a gun-wielding maniac ran into Antonio’s Deli and started indiscriminately firing. An off duty police officer fatally wounded the suspect, identified as twenty seven year old Grady MacPherson. MacPherson killed twenty people and wounded ten more in his bloody rampage through the deli. An eyewitness reported hearing him screaming “You won’t get away this time.” A spokesman for the police reported that MacPherson was apparently delusional and thought he saw monsters everywhere. He called these monsters, Destroyers. After a search of his house, several missing persons cases were unfortunately solved, as the bodies of twelve victims were found in his basement. It is not known yet if there were more.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I enjoyed the story very much.
It didn't really scare me but I had a few good laughs out of it. Grady was one sick puppy.

I think this contest will be a tough one for no other reason then its really hard to scare anyone in this day and age. After you've seen all the horror movies that hollywood can produce its pretty difficult to send a twinge down someones back or raise the hair on their neck.

Still, this was a good try and I enjoyed it very much. Good luck in the contest my friend.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I figured since we're given three entries, I would try three different approaches.

This is my psycho approach.

Look for a ghost story next.

You are right about getting scared, though. My biggest fear is my computer crashing.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by keymaster
You are right about getting scared, though. My biggest fear is my computer crashing.

I don't worry so much about my computer crashing, These days I have the problem of it just turning off, all by itself and then turning itself back on. Pisses me off everytime. Usually i'm in the middle of writing a reply or post when it does it. I send a report to Microsoft and all they can tell me is that a device driver is responsible but they have no idea which one. Thanks Bill, that helped allot

As for writing scary stories, I don't. I never have. I am having serious doubts if i'll even make it into this contest cause I simply don't do scary. I have some old stories I might submit, but they aren't really scary. I'll just have to see how this goes....

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hi keymaster

I enjoyed reading your story, as I found the journal entry of a psycopath to be a great way to tell a story! I like how Grady had enlisted himself as "sole-saviour" for mankind. He even swore to his sanity! I am glad, however that he was killed "in the line of duty", because we would have locked him up as being officially insane. (Where I get the feeling he would have found a whole pack of Destroyers just waiting to get thiers.)

While I agree with Mr Wupy, about the story not being that scary, I think your approach to how the story was told is great! I was thinking that maybe it would have been more scary, if Gary were more of a deranged person, who killed or tortured for pleasure. Especially if the reader were inside his head as his thought processes panned out. I wasnt scared of Gary, because in his mind, he had our best interests at heart.

I cant wait to read your other entries! Nice story.

new topics

top topics

join