It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confrontation between Mexican National Gaurd and Minutemen?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Mexican Protestors Vow Mexican National Guard Will Confront Minutemen on the Border this weekend

San Diego, California- In a rare display of Mexican Nationalism amid border controversy, a group of Mexican/Americans protested the presence of Minuteman Border Watches in the O'Neil Valley today and vowed to return on Saturday with the Mexican National Guard.

Speaking from the Mexican side of the border, the group, made up of Mexican Nationals and US Citizens with dual citizenship told Tim Donnelly, leader of the Minuteman Corps of California, that they would return on Saturday with more than 300 members of the Mexican National Guard to protest the Minuteman October Border Watch.

Donnelly has been conversing across the border fence all week with Mexican nationals, one of whom actually holds a position with the Calexico, California city government. Calexico, a border town in the United States of America, flies only the Mexican flag over its town hall.

"The interest has been building all week on the other side of the border. We have reached across the fence in this remote area of East San Diego County and shook hands with our Mexican counterparts hoping to come to some mutual understanding of the issues" Donnelly said.

"Grandma's with Chihuahua's and an American flag have effectively sealed off one of the most heavily trafficked areas of San Diego County. We have fielded more than 100 ordinary American citizens, some of them armed for personal protection, to shut down illegal immigration and drug trafficking along California's porous southern border" Donnelly added.

The Minutemen expect a large contingent of volunteers this weekend and vow to continue their border watch throughout October and beyond.

For press information contact: Tim Donnelly at 619-407-7075

I agree with what the minutemen are doing but hope it doesn't turn for the worst.

www.libertypost.org...

Mod Edit: to add story link. Please remember next time...

[edit on 8-10-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It would be totally idiotic of the Mexican military if they showed up, for two reasons. One, they can’t do anything about that we do on our side of the border. Second, the Minute men would be the least of their worries if they try anything.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous....Illegally entering the United States is just that: ILLEGAL. The practice will eventually drive the States into the ground, and we dont need any help doing that. The Mexican government is all for this practice and this should be a driving factor to get the military involved--Ours!.....If this should develope into a confrontation with Mexican military, it should be considered an act of war.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Wow, you'd think these ILLEGAL immigrants actually had the RIGHT to just waltz on in here or something!
Now how stupid and moronic is that?

BTW I'm against dual citizenship. You're the citizen of one country or another. (Personally I think having that option available--dual citizenship--is a step to world citizenship. Think NWO.)

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Yeah..whoever threathend to have the Mexican Nat' Guard show up is an idiot. Do they realize that if anything happens the minutemen are gonna be the least of thier worries. Anyways....what the hell are they protesting? and why? Do they belive in open borders? WTF....

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Anyways....what the hell are they protesting? and why? Do they belive in open borders? WTF....

They're operating under the "we have the right to illegally cross borders" mindset, from what I can see.

Think again, you guys! What part of ILLEGAL don't you understand?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I wish I could say that the government would do something if the protest turned into violence but I don't think they would. The media would spin into "racist rednecks shoot at crowd of peaceful protesters" and the government would then go along with it.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFObeliever
I wish I could say that the government would do something if the protest turned into violence but I don't think they would. The media would spin into "racist rednecks shoot at crowd of peaceful protesters" and the government would then go along with it.

What's really sickening--it likely wouldn't matter if it took place on our side of the border.

I don't get it. BushCo is all about "homeland security" ad nauseum; yet they don't mind open borders.

I wish the Bushbots would snap out of their state of doublethink....

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I don't think there will be much of a show down between them.

The reason they sneak in is to get out of the way of a conflict.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   
According to CNN or one of the major networks, I forget which one, last night stated when they tried to confront the Minuteman they would not bite and what they did was call the border patrol who sent out Helicopters, which sent them fleeing

Goog for the Minuteman and good for the Border patrol I say.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i say let the mexico national guard shoot us, this way we can finially have some US national guards guarding our borders...

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 12:39 PM
link   
did anybody catch this part?

Donnelly has been conversing across the border fence all week with Mexican nationals, one of whom actually holds a position with the Calexico, California city government. Calexico, a border town in the United States of America, flies only the Mexican flag over its town hall.

if the only flag they fly over their US town is a mexican one, isnt that insurrection? shouldnt we be going in and retaking the town? the naacp made a huge stink over the rebel flag being flown next to the stars and stripes on the grounds of the south carolina state capitol, but its ok to fly only the flag of another country over an american town? whats wrong with this picture?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I hope nobody tries to spark any armed confrontation Some of the Minutemen may be armed for personal protection those weapons wont be a match for the fully automatic weapons carried by the Mexican National Guard.

If mexican soldiers killed american citizens on US soil

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
did anybody catch this part?

if the only flag they fly over their US town is a mexican one, isnt that insurrection? shouldnt we be going in and retaking the town? the naacp made a huge stink over the rebel flag being flown next to the stars and stripes on the grounds of the south carolina state capitol, but its ok to fly only the flag of another country over an american town? whats wrong with this picture?

You think that's bad, awhile back I heard about some city in Oregon flying the Mexican flag ABOVE the American flag!

That's an act of treason. They like Mexico so much, they can get out of here and go to Mexico!

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Here's the website for Calexico Chamber of Commerce. Notice the photo in the upper right of the circle, on the home page. It's the City Hall bldg. It clearly shows the American flag. I can't make out the flag on pole next to it.

www.calexicochamber.org...

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:04 PM
link   
On the Calexico website, which is here, there appears to be two flagpoles visable, but showing no flags, cause the picture is cut off. In further searches around their site, I didn't see any pictures where the flag(s) are visable.

Regardless of the flags, this notion from pro-Mexican groups that Americans are targeting Mexicans for racial reasons is absolutely absurd.
We can't help it if it just so happens that our biggest problem with illegals is coming from Mexico!
And what's even more absurd is that it takes a bunch of "Minutemen" to have to patrol our borders because the US government obviously puts the border issue way down on their list.

Let's take care of our problems at home first, huh? WHY are we spending so much money on issues overseas when the first order of business against terrorism on US soil should be to protect and seal our borders?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Oh come on, US Minute Men should buy the land their, then shoot tresspassers! Imagine just dozens of criminals being shot left and right because they tresspassed on private property! It isn't a crime to defend your property from invaders right? Especially if they mean you harm.

Also, fully auto? What kind of range do they have? How well trained are the Mexican Military? I know hunters who can hit a flying duck from 100yards, how well can some crappy 3rd world military do? Also if they use tanks, bet the Minute Men will have cameras ready to show the Mexican Military using tanks to invade America.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal

Also, fully auto? What kind of range do they have? How well trained are the Mexican Military? I know hunters who can hit a flying duck from 100yards,

Among other guns they use the M-16 which you can hit targets 300 plus yards. I cant say how well they are trained though.

The Minutemen are trying to get far away from the vigilante label people in the media have put on them. So you dont find many walking around with rifles infact many arent even armed.

M-16 vs a handgun and the person with the hand gun is going to lose 9-10 times

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
True, but with the Mexican Military threatning invasion I would make sure to at least have my SKS or a 20 Gauge Shotgun, with a 9mm or .22 for back up.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Re: the flag. At the link that SourGrapes provided, the American flag is clearly shown twice. Look at the bottom left and top right quadrants of the circle.

I read the opening post in this thread, and had myself a good chuckle. Imagine, people protesting because the Minutemen are obstructing their ability to break the law.
Incredible chutzpah!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join