It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mass heavy metal poisoning not such a bad thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What It's Like to be a Genius

A quick read on 'autistic savants.'

So heavy metals have been known to cause all sorts of rukus in the brain for a while now. What happens when multiple generations are exposed to mercury (Hg), cadmium (Cd), arsenic (As), chromium (Cr), thallium (Tl), and lead (Pb)? Like all adapting organisms would the body learn to negate some of the negative effects? Apparently traces of heavy metal poisoning show up in later generations as minor skin afflictions like cerebral dermatitus and psoraisis, not to mention the increased chance of parkinsons and dimentia.

To me it looks like after a certain amount of generations pass the body learns to 'deal' with the poisons. perhaps after even more our bodies could learn to use them?

I know lead poisoning is basically your body see lead as calcium, due to similar electron configurations, and puts the lead in places it shouldnt.

I also remember reading something about 2nd or 3rd generation residents of chernobyl are being born super smart and extremely resilant to disease.

[edit on 8-10-2005 by entropy+]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Whilst our bodies may eventually be able to tolerate ammounts of these metals. you and me my friend will not be alive to see that day. purely because of the nature of adaption and just how many random mutations it would take to occur and then spread through the genome.

so loverly thought, but we won't see it mate.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Interesting entropy. Life does find a way.

Time to rethink "disease" - and focus on the positive. I'm curious, scientifically speaking, to see what "diseases" confer immunity or adaptability to bird flu.

join