It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2,000 turkeys dead from avian flu in Turkey: TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   

2,000 turkeys dead from avian flu in Turkey: TV

Oct 8, 2005 — ANKARA (Reuters) - About 2,000 turkeys have died from avian flu in western Turkey, CNN Turk reported on Saturday, in the first known case among domestic birds in this country since the recent outbreak of the disease in Asia.

"Yesterday, unfortunately, we experienced a case of bird flu. But everything is under control, every precautionary measure has been taken to prevent it spreading," the television channel quoted Farm Minister Mehdi Eker as saying.

Given the numbers involved, I hardly think it has not spread well beyond the site in question.

The march westward continues...

[edit on 8-10-2005 by loam]

xu

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   
this case is in the vicinity of the wildlife park known as birds heaven, a lake which all kinds of birds habit during the breaks from their migration. it is just the place you would expect this kind of thing.

hey, does this mean I have to cut the chicken and eggs? really I have no idea?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
this frightens me slightly.... turkey being right on the border of Syria and then Iraq right next door.

with all the American soldiers being shuffled in and out of that country, how long will it be until we see cases in the U.S. ?

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriot36
this frightens me slightly.... turkey being right on the border of Syria and then Iraq right next door.

with all the American soldiers being shuffled in and out of that country, how long will it be until we see cases in the U.S. ?

Give it a month or two.

Bird flu has basically refused to be stoped by any quarnatine. And since there are 2,000 cases here involved, statistically they have almost no chance of nobody else becoming infected.

new topics

top topics

join