It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Double Dares Yassar Arafat To Dare Israel To Kill Him, Again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Bravado or foolhardiness? Or does Arafat know it is all a bluff? What is going on?

Oh hang on - it's just Palestinian for "Bring 'Em On"!

news.independent.co.uk...

Israel's move will explode entire area, says new PM
By Donald Macinyre in Jerusalem
12 September 2003

Palestinian leaders reacted with anger last night to the Israeli security cabinet's decision, in principle, to expel Yasser Arafat from his headquarters in Ramallah.

As the Palestinian Authority President told a crowd of supporters outside his Maqata site that they were the people who could stop the Israelis fulfilling the threat, Ahmed Qureia, the incoming Palestinian prime minister, said the decision was "crazy".

Despite doubts � even among some Israeli government officials � over whether the decision would be enforced, the threat introduces a volatile element into Israel's political and security crisis.....

Earlier, Mr Arafat had told reporters in Ramallah: "This is terra sancta. No one can kick me out. They can kill me. They have bombs."

The Israeli Cabinet stopped short of setting a date for expulsion, but the army increased the psychological pressure on Mr Arafat by commandeering the top floor of the Authority's Culture Ministry overlooking his headquarters in the Maqata police compound.....

Mr Sharon, who returned to Israel yesterday after cutting short his trip to India, was under pressure to sanction Mr Arafat's expulsion despite signals that the Bush administration would regard such a move as counter-productive.

Ehud Olmert, the Deputy Prime Minister, suggested that the "solitary confinement" of Mr Arafat might be a better short-term option. This would involve denying him the right to receive visitors and cutting his telephone links.

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
If Israelis kill Arafat, they wont get away with it. Trust me, this is a thing that they cant do. If they do, they will only have US as a friend if even it..

And you are right, the # will hit the fan big time, if Arafat is killed.

They better think their next move very carefully, and when they take it, it is better to be a backward step

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   
They wont kill Arafat. They cant possibly be that stupid. Or can they!??

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
"Oh hang on - it's just Palestinian for "Bring 'Em On!"

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Oh relax, remember the first post of the thread. No one in the Israeli government said anything about killing him, HE did.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Oh relax, remember the first post of the thread. No one in the Israeli government said anything about killing him, HE did.

Sorry Djarums, I believe you are mistaken:

"Effie Eitam, the ultranationalist housing minister, noted the word ``removal'' in the Cabinet statement implies both expulsion and assassination."

www.guardian.co.uk...

Arafat isn't the only one who has said this.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Even though his death would have the biggest impact, I think any action to remove him, dead or alive, will probably have #ty repurcussions for all.....

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Mr. Y. Arafat,...the rumor is....at 500-1 odds...has a bundle riding on hisself in "THE DEAD POOL" annual challenge.

by & by to J Cash & J Ritter, [RIP...

~~~+
perspective: the tragic coreography continues.
~~~x us/israel doing the good cop-bad cop routine,
it will turn out that someone is gaining an unprecieved advantage.
maybe the us will 'spank' mossad? NOPE, no winners!
maybe sod 'accidently'causes Arafat demise. NOPE !
maybe Jihadists neutralize the situation ?? MARTYR/?

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Until Arafat is gone there will be no peace in the middle east.

He has proven lately that he is in fact the problem that many of us in the west thought he was but could not validate.

It would have been better to replace him and that was the attempt with Abbas but for some reason we do not have Abbas anymore.

Abbas was doing a good job in my eyes and he was bringing credibility to the Palestianian people.

But Arafat fought to put his man in as security chief (mob enforcer?), and then not long after Abbas is gone.

Did Arafat through his new thug threaten Abbas and his family or simply did not offer them protection (from Arafat's thugs of course)?

Anyways all conjecture,

I have to agree with everyone that murdering Arafat would not be a good move but he could have an accident of some sort, couldn't he?

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
anyone seen the movie "A Christmas Story"? you know the part where a kid triple-dog dares Flick to lick a frozen flagpole and his tongue gets stuck? that's what this situation is reminding me of. Arafat's going to have a tough time getting his tongue unstuck from that pole.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

I have to agree with everyone that murdering Arafat would not be a good move but he could have an accident of some sort, couldn't he?

You post was so good up until this point.

An accident - or a murder will only make a martyr out of him. A senile, old man, who's drooling in his dottage is a much simpler PR proposition for the Isrealies, than someone who died for a cause, where Perception rules the day.

Arafat or Abbas - they were both the same. Abbas could not have been where he was without the implicit and explicit nod from Arafat.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Wasn't aware of what the "Housing Minister" had said. Seems to have about as much brains as the people in charge of housing in the US do. I suppose that's why it's a nice thing that what he says doesn't mean much in the strategic planning of the government in issues outside of housing. In other words, thanks for the comments, go make an apartment building somewhere or whatever it is that you do.
Israel has a major problem with minor officials babbling stupidly on the international stage.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
Israel has a major problem with minor officials babbling stupidly on the international stage.

That's one of the drawbacks of having a free society. There are quite a few nations that don't have that problem.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Well, yes freedom of speech is a good thing IMO, however I just think one does have to be careful regarding what officials are authorized to make comments on an international level. Usually the ones who have risen to higher posts understand that while one may feel certain things stating them to the press may not be a good idea. Most government agencies in the US have gag orders on all employees besides specially designated ones. The response you'd get from most of them would be "contact the press office at 202...."

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Hopefully someone obliges him, it certianly wouldn't make the situation any worse. Afterall Arafat has done nothing constructive so far. His removal might bring an end to the stalemate that seems to be happening now.

Sometimes change itself can be a reason enough....

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Israeli Official: Arafat Death an Option

www.guardian.co.uk...

Sunday September 14, 2003 3:29 PM
By MOHAMMED DARAGHMEH

Associated Press Writer

RAMALLAH, West Bank (AP) - Israel's vice prime minister said killing Yasser Arafat is an option for Israel, as Palestinians on Sunday took to the streets across the West Bank and Gaza Strip promising to protect their leader.

Vice Prime Minister Ehud Olmert echoed threats by other Israeli officials who suggested last week's decision to "remove'' Arafat means he might be sent into exile, further isolated at his West Bank compound or dealt with more harshly. But Olmert, considered a likely future candidate for premier, is the closest official to Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to say outright he might be killed.

"Arafat can no longer be a factor in what happens here,'' he told Israel Radio. Expulsion is certainly one of the options, killing is also one of the options.''

etc, etc, etc, and so on and so forth, ad nauseum & ad infinitum

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
When-will-the-architect-of-the-Intifada-against-Israel-finally-be-gone?-ping

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hahaha, I read the topic wrong, when it said to kill him, again, I was like "What the #? He was already killed?" But yeah anyways, I think just about everyone here would like to see Arafat dead as #, but know that Israel wouldn't do it because of the huge opposition that would be against them if they did. I personally hope he gets iced. I would be happy as hell because I can't stand his ass, ugly looking pubic hairs on his face, nasty ass old man.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well, I wish somebody would put that old dirty bastard down. That SOB has been nothing but a trouble maker for 30 some odd years and finally after being bounced from one Arab country to another until he wore out his welcome, he ends up stiring this pot of crap to make it stink. I'm not Jewish by a long shot and I could care less about their politics but this guy just rubs me the wrong way and he's gotten a lot of people killed in the name of his religious/racial entrepreneurship. Isreal has had many leaders and so has the US. This guy remains the only constant in the problem. Its time for change and it has to begin with his end.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Bah...I say ice him....then mow down anybody who shows up at his funeral...problem solved.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join