It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China now has 837.9 Bil of forex reserve

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
According to IMF, China now has 837.9 Billion USD of foreign reserve (including Hong Kong) surpassing Japan with 834 Billion USD of foreign reserve to become the country with the most foreign reserve in the world.

China's trade surplus this year is expected to become 100 billion USD compared to last years 32 billion USD. The raising of the value of the Yuan did not lower Chinese trade surplus but indirectly raised the trade surplus of China to three times that of last year.

www.forbes.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Go China! This is only the first step, nothing shall stop the awakening of the Dragon!

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Ungrateful Selfish China seems for forget if it wasn’t for the West, Ungrateful Selfish China would still be a 3rd world country. Ungrateful selfish Chinas seems to forget as well that in the last century the greater majority of medicines which healed its people have come from the west (polio). Ungrateful selfish China has benefited greatly from its former colonials by receiving technologies like electricity, the train ext...
Even to this day Ungrateful Selfish China continues to benefit from western generosity, receiving aid and food to feed it teeming masses of poor. I ask how Ungrateful Selfish China repays this kindness. By spying and conspiring to destroy the western economies.

Oh the Three Rivers Dam what a great achievement for People’s Republic, oh wait, the engineering companies building this dam are from the west.

Yes indeed the Ungrateful Selfish dragon will one day devour the world. By this time the ecology of the planet will be destroyed. The ungrateful selfish dragon can than devour it self.

I close with this, if its any example of how China treats it political prisoners by executing and harvesting their organs, I shutter at what plans China has for western people . Well played, Sun Sue was indeed a great teacher.

Mu by the way was the 3rd greatest mass murderer of this century, right after Hitler.

[edit on C:Tueocu10e10 by Opus]

[edit on C:Tueocu10e10 by Opus]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Opus
Ungrateful Selfish China seems for forget if it wasn’t for the West, Ungrateful Selfish China would still be a 3rd world country. Ungrateful selfish Chinas seems to forget as well that in the last century the greater majority of medicines which healed its people have come from the west (polio). Ungrateful selfish China has benefited greatly from its former colonials by receiving technologies like electricity, the train ext...

the west?. dont make me laugh. those inventions were paid for in money...

They weren't gifts.

china built its electric plants and trains from the russians

Even to this day Ungrateful Selfish China continues to benefit from western generosity, receiving aid and food to feed it teeming masses of poor. I ask how Ungrateful Selfish China repays this kindness. By spying and conspiring to destroy the western economies.

Most of chinas aid is from japan. most of its FDI is from taiwan.

What has the west given to china.

OPIUM??

Ring any bells. the west stole chinas precious arts and models. stole countless dollars from china and the result of them coming to china killed countless millions of people

Oh the Three Rivers Dam what a great achievement for People’s Republic, oh wait, the engineering companies building this dam are from the west.

Check those faces again ...................

Mu by the way was the 3rd greatest mass murderer of this century, right after Hitler.

whos MU?

Anyway you seem to be ignorant or brain washed. or born brain washed?

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Middle Kingdom
Go China! This is only the first step, nothing shall stop the awakening of the Dragon!

I think somebody has been "Chasing The Dragon" if you know what I mean

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Chasing the dragon. how mature.

he made this comment out of a informed decision. which is backed up by facts

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
Chasing the dragon. how mature.

he made this comment out of a informed decision. which is backed up by facts

Ah, just ignore them. We all know the Yanks like to be "number 1! hoo-rah!" and any challenge to that will be met with scorn and attempts at slander.

The sheer fact that China has 1/6th the worlds population, the fastest growing economy in the world and a huge industrial base to build means that China will become to worlds top economy in due course, wether they like it or not, with the US being not only their customers but also bound to them by a huge debt.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Perhaps some of words were written too harshly. Yes indeed the west has also benefited with trade with China aswell. It must be noted that trade with the westren trade has liefted China from 3rd world status to its current status. I dislike both the Chinese government and American; this does not mean I dislike Chinese people and American people, just hypocrisy.

I angers me greatly that China is caught routinely spying on the westren countries(Canada), while countries like Canada give aid too its people. This is just from the Canadian persective , i have to get going to work , Perhaps I'll provide more links later, if i deen worth it . Just use Google with an open mind .

www.cbc.ca...

www.tibet.ca...

www.cbc.ca...

www.taipeitimes.com...

This true a fact I forgot mention Japan too has invested Billions in economic incentives in China. In turn China spies. (shrug)

[edit on C:Wedocu10e10 by Opus]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
The only thing that China lacks is a democratic system. It already is capitalistic, I'm sure in the long run it will turn more democratic if not fully democratic.

China will sure play a bigger role in the future as it emerges as a super power and rivals the US. Now, with all this debt that they hold, they have tremendous leverage over the US, which they will use to advance their goals.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by RK_Pr0t0c0l]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There's nothing nefarious in this build-up of forex reserves.

It actually highlights the problem facing the Chinese govt. They want to get rid of this build-up; the best way to do so would be to allow the yuan to float freely against the dollar.

The problem is, a float would cause the yuan to rapidly inflate, and increase the standard of living (and inflation) in China. This would make the PRC a less competitive supplier of goods to the west.

In other words, China is maturing beyond mercantilism. At some point, they will not be able to pay for their development via the price differential between Chinese wages and the rest of the developed world.

The more they trade, the worse the build-up becomes. It's like a dam that is never drained. Eventually, something will happen.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Companies invovled in 3 Gorges Dam

www.probeinternational.org...

and a little more here on aid to CHina

www.cbc.ca...

If China becomes the new old/kid on the block, so be it, as it along has the moral imperative with its new power.

web.amnesty.org...

OOPs my bad I MENT THIS GUY

en.wikipedia.org...

www.iht.com...

A comment I made earlier ...

"China has benefited greatly from its former colonials by receiving technologies like electricity, the train ext..."

Upon some quick research, I have to admit this statement was a rather weak and regretably ignorant ..

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If there is going to be a new super power then I say give our business to India,let them become the next world super power. why I say this?

1.They are not a communist country like China.

2.India has very little land compared to china with almost the same amount of people so if they do start a war it will be over land with it's neighbouring Countries like pakistan and not with any western countries.

3.With India being a super power in the middle east hopefully it will draw attention away from the U.S and force terrorist groups to fight against India as the new enemy on the block

.....I guess this is just my way of seeing things.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
By the time US is no longer #1, its actions shall be much restricted, US of A wouldn't be able to walk around and attack another defenseless country again (defenseless against US).

Be stereotypical all you wish but the truth is, if true communism can be achieved, it would be the pinacle of socialogical evolution. Its just the leaders of communism since WWI that gave communism a bad name in the west but I can bet you, GWB or Clinton is hated by no less people than the other communist leaders.

Ever watched Bowling for Columbine? That movie tells you what the great US of A is. Watch The Corporation to get the idea of US from another perspective.

India has a crap load more problems that China has. The biggest being the population problem, while China solved that over two decades ago. India is small compared to China, India also has a troublesome democratic government, a government which argues at everything which leads to the government not making the right decision or quick decisions. The kind of leadership China has right now is exactly what China needs.

China is gonna start war with a western country thecry?

China was never colonized by western countries. If you meant HongKong and Macau like 100 and add a few years ago, they are RICE GRAIN SIZED land, extremely sparce in population and nothing but fishing villages. Doesn't matter, we have them back now.

A buildup is not that bad a thing, infact, it might even be a good one. Pumping that money into overseas investment and strategic investment is a very good way to keep that increase low. Buying petroleum companies, oil fields (we competed 2 separate times with India last month, ha, we won both of them, yes, we bought two oil fields last month) are very good investment right now and exactly what China needs.

Sun Sue? You sure you know what you're talking about Opus? Because you've just shown how much you really know about China.

And about harvesting organs from executed evil doers, why not? Wouldn't you like to see an axe wielding murderer die for what he did and for once donate to society? Because I would, I would like to see a kid who needs a liver or a kidney live instead of die because he couldn't find someone to donate the organ he needed.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
"Ungrateful Selfish China seems for forget if it wasn’t for the West, Ungrateful Selfish China would still be a 3rd world country. Ungrateful selfish Chinas seems to forget as well that in the last century the greater majority of medicines which healed its people have come from the west (polio). Ungrateful selfish China has benefited greatly from its former colonials by receiving technologies like electricity, the train ext...

Yes indeed the Ungrateful Selfish dragon will one day devour the world. By this time the ecology of the planet will be destroyed. The ungrateful selfish dragon can than devour it self.

I close with this, if its any example of how China treats it political prisoners by executing and harvesting their organs, I shutter at what plans China has for western people . Well played, Sun Sue was indeed a great teacher.

Mu by the way was the 3rd greatest mass murderer of this century, right after Hitler. "

The complete rudeness and implied racism in this post astounds me.

China was the most advanced technlogical society for centuries the very fact that they didn't go about conquering outside peoples when they could've should tell you something.

China is at the moment playing catch up because of the manchu's stupid isolationist policies which weakened China, and inorder to do so so what if we steal your tech? or buy it as in the majority of situations. If we weren't afriad of being turned into colonies of the west we wouldn't be in such a rush.

We aren't so arrogant as to be selfish in terms of western medicin, all the people who got cured are no doubt thankful for the rest of their lives for being saved, whether or not the docter was Chinese who learned in a foreign university or a foreign docter as in some cases.

As for China spying.... I bet my left nut that USA, England, france, india and others especially Russia are trying their utmost to spy on China.

I don't know anything about the Dam, but I'm certain their were plenty of chinese engineers and apprentaces there as well.

And FredT, get out of this thread/forum if you result to such slander, I would have only deserved such a remark had I implied nothing will stop China from conquering the world muahahahah, as it is I only took a line from Command and Conquer Generals, In which I was only implying that China will one day reach economic predominence in the world. Back to CC Generals which I have a special copy in English. And on a unrelated matter I hate your f***king helicopter gunships!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I angers me greatly that China is caught routinely spying on the westren countries(Canada), while countries like Canada give aid too its people. This is just from the Canadian persective , i have to get going to work , Perhaps I'll provide more links later, if i deen worth it . Just use Google with an open mind .

What country doesn't spy on each other.

whether for economic political or military reasons its called spying

This true a fact I forgot mention Japan too has invested Billions in economic incentives in China. In turn China spies. (shrug)

Japanese is not a country about PR its all about money.

If china wasnt such a attractive place to invest money then why would the japanese be there.

Their main purpose like most people is to make a profit

[edit on 13-10-2005 by chinawhite]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Companies invovled in 3 Gorges Dam

Your quote

But from your article

a state-owned company set up to build the dam, and the state-owned Power Grid Development Company, which is responsible for Three Gorges' transmission works.

Now according to you . who is building the dam?

OOPs my bad I MENT THIS GUY

en.wikipedia.org...

Mao. Everyone from the western world has something againest him.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
As said as long as China has a moral imparitive coupled with its prosperity so be it. Further I also stated I don't dislike Chinese people just their government. I don't care much for the American government either... Look you have too understand Canada has donated a Billion plus dollars to China in recent years, that I have no problem with. But it’s hard not to get a little peeved when China repays this with spying. Then reading and hearing about China supremacy boils my blood.

I did get a little hot headed earlier, for that I apologies for. I do hope some did take to read the links I sent. I’d be more than willing to read anything site regarding such topic as Moa.

Cheers

[edit on C:Satocu10e10 by Opus]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I dont want to even think about the amount of resourses China will eat up as more and more people in China approach a standard of living closer to what people in alot of Western countries have.

Chinas growing energy need alone is going to be interesting to watch. China's demand for oil in China is growing at a blistering rate, about 30% to 40% a year.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 01:50 AM
link   
In another thread in ATS this topic came up .

those 1000s of people spys. what are they spying on?

I haven't found a article saying anything in particular

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
China is going to be hurting if the Western world decides India with 700 million people can do the work that China can.

You can see this happening with US-India military ties starting to build.

China will experience an economic correction much like Japan did.

Doesn't everyone remember how Japan was going to rule the economic world?

Chinas problem is they are completely dependent on their adversary. Without the US, their economy goes to hell. Without China, the US moves to the next cheapest labor. Not such a big deal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join