It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army in Iraq Occupies 7 Mosques in Ramadi and Turns Them into Barracks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Originally posted by C0le
You guys need to drop the BS and be consitant with your arguments, or just stop posting.

Hypocrites.

I am sorry, but how is it OK for US Marines to "Rest" inside a Mosque - and by that Action they are making it a MILITARY STRUCTURE, which could be attacked by enemy forces - and when the Insurgents take Refuge in a Mosque then its a "Terroristic Crime"?

That, Sir, is Hypochrisy.

neither side should be there. given the arguement, both sides should be guilty of war crimes. however, the mosques are probably safer now. you hear about public places getting attacked daily but a barracks attack is not quite as common. Once again, not saying it is right that they are there but they are no more guilty than the insurgents in what they are doing.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by C0le
This is the type of crap that annoys me about you people, The insurgents do this all the time but the difference being they actualy shoot weapons, launch rockets and fight from said mosques...

Where are your threads when they do this?

There are so many here that only post about what the supposed Insugents are doing while ignoring what the Occupational forces are doing.

It goes both ways, so why are you not jumping on them?

You people continue to amaze me, You dont give a damn, when insurgents do the same thing and our soldiers are told NOT to fire at them because they are in a mosque, Its also funny the type of people who use this for there slanted agenda, defending the great islam, are always the first ones to jump into a christian thread slaming religion and trying to make chritstians look like idiots, all while trying to proove god doesnt exist...

PLEASE show everyone here where I slamed Christianity....

Well.......We're waiting.......

You guys need to drop the BS and be consitant with your arguments, or just stop posting.

No!

You need to quit posting this off-topic BS, and go somewhere else.

Trust me when I say you will not be missed.....

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I don't understand this. There must be other places the military can use so why have they chosen the places most likely to give the insurgents/terrorists a propaganda coup?

Doesn't make sense to me,.

cjf

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I am sorry, but how is it OK for US Marines to "Rest" inside a Mosque - and by that Action they are making it a MILITARY STRUCTURE, which could be attacked by enemy forces - and when the Insurgents take Refuge in a Mosque then its a "Terroristic Crime"?

That, Sir, is Hypochrisy.

No.

When used in militant operations and the use of mosques by the insurgency compromises the sanctity of the mosque by these illegal actions and then arise later to complain about the unfair ‘legalities’ when it is taken or destroyed, that is hypocrisy.

Why not just refer to it is an ‘ex-mosque’ because the second it is used for military purpose by the insurgency, it is barely worth the real-estate where it sits

To deny some mosques are not used for indigenous militant purposes is pure non-sense. To fail to mention insurgent have historically raided and murdered persons inside mosques is ridiculous. Moreover; if the coalition was targeting mosques there would not be one standing in the entire country.

There is no protection under international law once the building has been used for militant reasons which is fully contrary to even the basic reason the building was initially to be considered ‘protected’ in the first place. The ‘ex-mosque’ is now a military target, period.

Why do insurgents continue to attempt to operate form these sites? Because until/unless discovered they are safe(r).

It surprises me that after many, many countless instances (eg Ramadi, Fallujah) of the insurgents using mosques as cover, operation centers, ordnance depots and combat points which were destroyed or overtaken that this pops up as significant and especially in the light it is being cast.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Would it be nice if they decide to rest inside a church if they are fighting in a land like Germany as in World War 2? They have lost utter respect for everyone, the Us Marines, no wonder the war will continue.. And Please spare me the Garbage of We must continue to pray and support the troops. They are fighting a war aren't they? Then there must be consequences

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
Would it be nice if they decide to rest inside a church if they are fighting in a land like Germany as in World War 2?

They did.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

There are so many here that only post about what the supposed Insugents are doing while ignoring what the Occupational forces are doing.

Yeah, and there's also have the PRO-insurgency/kill civilians crowd crowd

Hmm, Marines are somewhat safe while in a mosque and they're keeping it safe from the jihad extremeist.....so why are people complaining? Looks like both the Marines and the Muslims win, unless you support the insurgency.

Anyways...I think it's good to go. I mean muslims NEVER attack mosque, right? Not even the insurgents
so seems like a pretty safe place to set up camp, IMO. Well, Ok...that's not the only thing that keeps it safe...Im sure the 240G's and 50cals do thier fare share of protecting the mosque form Muslim extremeist.

[edit on 8/10/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So byviolating a sacred place they actually protect it and the people should be grateful.....right

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The extremists have no respect for Mosques either, just the other day they blew up a bomb inside a Shia mosque during the funeral service of someone they had previously killed. Talk about respect

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by CindyfromFlorida
So byviolating a sacred place they actually protect it and the people should be grateful.....right

No, either way it's wrong...it's a religious place and it should be treated as such, with respect.

Has anyone even though that maybe the new Iraqi Government is giving the Marines permission to occupy the Mosque??? Or maybe the Mosque leader gave them permission and the Marines did not just take it over and kick praying muslims out...could have been done by the Mosque leader and/or government. OR MAYBE IT'S ALL BS!!! The article could be BS...some people belive anything:shk:

The story is good example of crappy journalism and poor story telling. There is probably more to the story than the 8+- lines that it consist of.

[edit on 8/10/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
US Army in Iraq Occupies 7 Mosques in Ramadi and Turns Them into Barracks

First up, I dont think its true.

But secondly: So what? The terrorists shoot, fire, and hide weapons FROM and IN mosques. If they cannot respect their own holy sites, why is there outrage over their enemies dissrespecting them?

Get real. This is just terrorist savages trying to milk some PR, thats it.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
But secondly: So what? The terrorists shoot, fire, and hide weapons FROM and IN mosques. If they cannot respect their own holy sites, why is there outrage over their enemies dissrespecting them?

I would agree with this. If the insurgents are using mosques to launch attacks and are bombing mosques then they forfeit any claim to 'sacred places'. You can't have it both ways, either they are sacred to both sides or they are sacred to neither.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The extremists have no respect for Mosques either....

So you are saying that the US Forces are the same as "Exremists"?

Aren't the USA Better then these "Terrorists"?

Isn't the West more "Civilized" then these Arabs?

So, how come YOUR soliders are using the same Tactics as these "Extremistis"?

Remember, that US invaded their Homes.

When you have an Ugly Occupaton, don't expect a Beautiful Resistance.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
The extremists have no respect for Mosques either....

So you are saying that the US Forces are the same as "Exremists"?

Aren't the USA Better then these "Terrorists"?

Isn't the West more "Civilized" then these Arabs?

So, how come YOUR soliders are using the same Tactics as these "Extremistis"?

Remember, that US invaded their Homes.

When you have an Ugly Occupaton, don't expect a Beautiful Resistance.

just pointing out the hypocrisy of a thread devoted to saying the military is committing war crimes by occupying mosques when the extremists/insurgents have been doing it and doing far worse to their so called holy houses. I say so called because if they truly believed these were holy places they wouldn't blow them up or put them at risk of being blown up.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I would have to agree with souljah on this one. The US cannot use the mosque as safehavens and cry "geneva" whenever the terrorist do so. But then again, the Marines are not blowing up and targeting holy places...which the insurgents are. And we still do not know the full story behind all this.

Funny how some people never point out violations made by the insurgency, but jump the gun to point out the same violations made by the US. They will even as far as to support the insurgency
and the same can be said for others on the other side.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
I would have to agree with souljah on this one. The US cannot use the mosque as safehavens and cry "geneva" whenever the terrorist do so. But then again, the Marines are not blowing up and targeting holy places...which the insurgents are. And we still do not know the full story behind all this.

This simply is not true. America has destroyed dozens of Mosques in Iraq.

www.google.com...

There are plenty of references if you care to look.

US Troops Destroy Mosque, Kill Mosque Defenders ...

Etc.....

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   
"The US military said the strike targeted insurgents who had fired from inside the mosque compound, wounding five Marines. "

"If they use the mosque as a military machine, then it's no longer a house of worship"

What's good for the goose.....

arrest the insurgents for committing war crimes

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

I think those Insurgents are Dead and Barried under the Rubble of the Ex-Mosque.

Here is Lt. Col Brennan Byrne of USMC:

"If they use the mosque as a military machine, then it's no longer a house of worship and we strike."

Why not Arrest Him?

Expect the same in Return when the US Troops are using Mosques as Military Machine.

[edit on 9/10/05 by Souljah]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
"The US military said the strike targeted insurgents who had fired from inside the mosque compound, wounding five Marines. "

"If they use the mosque as a military machine, then it's no longer a house of worship"

Only STATES can commit warcrimes because only states are signatories to the many warcrimes conventions.

And, again, you are comparing America to the people you think should all be killed.

Don't compare America to supposed terrorists unless you feel that America is a Terrorist nation.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
1. I never said they should all be dead so please don't put words in my mouth.

2. soul, if the insurgents were attacking from inside a mosque, they were the first ones to take the mosque off the "untouchable" list. If you have a problem with mosques being blown up, talk to the insurgents. If they aren't hiding in them or shooting from inside them, they are blowing them up in suicide attacks. Rather than be so upset that the military are using the moques for barracks, sleep comfortably knowing those 7 mosques will not be the site of unnecessary civilian deaths at the hands of insurgents.

I'm done here. every time the point is raised that the insurgents do this to a far worse degree Ernie and Bert take a new slant on the same initial complaint, all the while ignoring the fact that the in surgents put the mosques at risk by hiding in them, shooting from inside them and storing their weapons there. If they don't do that, they blow them up during services. When you are ready to denounce these acts and the complete disregard for their own houses of worship you can then complain about the military's same disregard for the mosques

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join