It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese SF forces aviation. (funny..)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 03:02 AM
link   
www.sinodefence.com...

The Powered Parachute (PPC)

The powered parachute (PPC), regarded as the "world's lightest flying device," was fielded to the special operations forces (SOFs) units in the PLA Airborne Corps and Army in the late 1990s. It is capable of self-powered take-off and landing in very short distances, which will greatly enhance an SOF unit's infiltration and exfiltration capabilities.

Are they really serious about using these in combat?

Any enemy would have a field day against these..

This whole concept gives new meaning to sitting (Bejing) duck..

However, the PPC also suffers many disadvantages including low speed, low altitude, high visibility, difficulty of refuelling, and lack of all-weather flying capability.

O really?

But seriously, there from these pages one can find much of very sound Chinese designs..

Chinese Defence Today..

These are good pages, worth checking for.. i put these to favorites.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Reminds me of the cancelled SoloTrek. But cheaper and safer. I think Trek Aerospace is dead now, I can't even link to their site.

BTW, the China Defense site is pretty good. Thanks for the link.

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by Lampyridae]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lampyridae
Reminds me of the cancelled SoloTrek. But cheaper and safer. I think Trek Aerospace is dead now, I can't even link to their site.

BTW, the China Defense site is pretty good. Thanks for the link.

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by Lampyridae]

NP mate..

Is this the solotrek?

Based on Millenium Jet's SoloTrek XFV concept vehicle, this tiny craft is perfect for invading enemy territory, skipping past traffic jams, or checking out the Grand Canyon. It's extremely reliable, requires little maintainance and is easy to fly.

Ok.. here goes:

www.21stcentury.co.uk...

A Silicon Valley aerospace company has announced that it has achieved an important milestone while testing its paradigm-shifting new product, SoloTrek XFV. The full-scale SoloTrek proof-of-concept prototype aircraft produced over 100 percent take-off power and thrust for the first time in its development program, thereby validating earlier predicted performance. "This sets the stage for tethered-hover testing to begin in the mid-to-late summer timeframe," said Michael Moshier, chief executive and chief technical officer.

SoloTrek is an open-air VTOL (vertical take-off and landing) aircraft that will transport a person in an upright and standing position for up to two hours. Using readily available fuel, SoloTrek is predicted to attain speeds in excess of 70 miles per hour and is designed to operate easily in and out of extremely confined areas.

High-power system testing is currently underway at Millennium Jet's Sunnyvale headquarters. "We instrumented the aircraft with strain gauges and secured it to the ground," said Moshier, "then we were able to bring the engine, drivetrain and ducted fans up to about 105 percent take-off power and thrust without exceeding 75 percent throttle. Achieving this critical milestone demonstrates that SoloTrek can generate sufficient take-off thrust while maintaining an adequate power reserve. It also proves the capability of the vehicle's gear boxes and drive shafts to perform well under high load without overheating or noticeable vibration."

DoD / NASA Support

DARPA (a Department of Defense research agency) recently granted the company over $5 million in funding for a thirty-six month period, beginning last December. "DARPA's willingness to get behind the SoloTrek program," said Harry Falk, chief financial officer of Millennium Jet, "shows a great deal of confidence in our technology and engineering. With its continued assistance, we expect to complete the remaining development and testing work sooner than we otherwise could." The agreement with DARPA calls for a SoloTrek first-article prototype to be delivered to the USSCOM (United States Special Operations Command) in late 2003 for rigorous field evaluation.

Millennium Jet also maintains an ongoing non-reimbursable Space Act agreement with the NASA-Ames research facility in Mountain View, California. Under this agreement, the company recently tested SoloTrek's ducted fans in NASA's 7' x 10' wind tunnel. These tests, which included over 560 discrete data collections, helped validate the performance of SoloTrek's ducted fans during hover flight, and at speeds up to, and including, 80 mph.

About Millennium Jet, Inc.

Millennium Jet is a privately held company that designs, develops and manufactures small manned and unmanned VTOL (vertical take-off and landing) aircraft. The company is seeking industry sponsorship, and additional funding from accredited and strategic investors. It is also beginning discussions with potential joint-venture partners for manufacturing and future development.

That is basicly all txt that can be exracted from the link address..

Here is link to Solotrek homepages:

www.solotrek.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Here is somekind of video:

www.solotrek.com...

Its funny also..

*edit*

You should really turn volume down if you watch this.. the machine makes chainsaw like "noise"

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Reminds me of an Addon to Operation Flashpoint

It was a solotrek thingy, was armed with an uzi. It was called "Dragonfly" if I recall correctly.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Outtis
Reminds me of an Addon to Operation Flashpoint

It was a solotrek thingy, was armed with an uzi. It was called "Dragonfly" if I recall correctly.

I dont know about OFP.. but im kinda looking forward for AA v.2.0.. its beautiful and free game..

And after i have seen the SOLOTREK XFV in action, im starting to like the Chinese thing better..

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Well, china has always relied on sending so many soldiers as to overwhelm the enemy so imagine thousands of chinese with these devices... you can't kill them all there's not enough ammo.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilverDeath
Well, china has always relied on sending so many soldiers as to overwhelm the enemy so imagine thousands of chinese with these devices... you can't kill them all there's not enough ammo.

This method is also called as HUMAN WAVE.. basicly the standart WW1 tactic that was used in assault by all sides of WW1,
in all battles exept by Germans in the Die Kaiserschlacht (Last great German offensive of that war..).

This tactic was last used by Iranian revolutionary guard during long war against Iraq.
(of course in african civl-wars these tactic are used by the fighting gangs, but i really dont count them as anykind of armys.)

But i do belive that Chinese no longer use use tactics like these.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
You would be surprised. Its a basic communist tactic.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
You would be surprised. Its a basic communist tactic.

WAS, is no more.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
FULCRUM.

Dont worry, we are ready for them.

www.unrealaircraft.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
OMFG!!!

People are going insane (or were..) with these machines..

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 12:08 AM
link   
China has no regard for human life, let alone its soldiers, its also still (vaguely) communist. I think this type of tactic is still a major manouver.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   

China has no regard for human life, let alone its soldiers, its also still (vaguely) communist. I think this type of tactic is still a major manouver.

..When there is major battle..

massive troops are required, but this doesnt make tactics human wawe.. large battles just need much troops and produce massive casualities.

US forces will also face this fact when they will run to some serious opposition, at this moment they havenT been in such a situation since Vietnam.

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I dont understand the second sentance?

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I dont understand the second sentance?

What dont you understand?

haven -> havent.. i will fixxx it.

Havent been in situation, in which they fight large battles against well motivated and well armed enemy.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Sorry mate, I reread it and Im still not really sure what you're saying. Then again, Im quite tired so its probably just me.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Sorry mate, I reread it and Im still not really sure what you're saying. Then again, Im quite tired so its probably just me.

I mean that US hasnt fought large battles against large and good enemy.. since Vietnam war.

Because of this US troops seem better than they really are. But if there would be large and brutal fight involving US troops the US tactics also would quite quickly start looking like human wave or like US didnt have any rspect for human life.

As large battles require large numbers of troops and produce massive casualities.

Now do you understand?

*edit*

Btw, these "human wave tactics" used by US enemies in Korea did work. US troops were defeaded many times.. and positions overrun. (whole South Korea was practicly overrun twice.)

and also in Somalia..

and i have also heard, that there were infact much bigger battle at "Saddam international airfield" during
Gulf 3.. that did infact cause much more damage/casualities to both sides that is told by mainstream media..
and that Iraqis did infact defeat least one US assault, and also mounted a furious counter attack that did
produce hundreds US casualities.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Yes, I see what you're saying now

I'll provide a full response tommorow; Im nearly off home now.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Jet packs and stuff have been around since the sixties. Ever seen those old episodes of Lost in Space? I believe that was a working prototype (or one on a wire) NASA must have lent to the Lost in Space crowd. ...or just free govt. footage they decided to show.

AVRO was also trying to develop a VTOL platform... all they managed to come up with in the end was a rubbish AVROCAR - that flying saucer thingy with twin cockpit bubbles and a centrally mounted turbine. I wonder how they dealt with torque? Never mind. The tech at the moment isn't good enough. We don't have thrust-to-weight ratios high enough and at the same time fuel efficiency.

The SoloTrek looks like a sitting duck and if you lose a fan blade, bye bye Private Ken. N. Fodder.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join