It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free saddam husein!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I say we turn him lose and let him take care of Iraq I mean he has more expierence than anybody right? We should give them back saddam so he can rebuild Iraq. He wasnt that bad, hell americans kill more there in a single minute then in all the years saddam was dictator, and another plus we can trust him now, he only uses WMD's on his own people(more power to him) lets give him some weapons.... hell, this guy is the best solution for Iraq....

[edit on 8-10-2005 by Rikimaru]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikimaru
I say we turn him lose and let him take care of Iraq I mean he has more expierence than anybody right? We should give them back saddam so he can rebuild Iraq. He wasnt that bad, hell americans kill more there in a single minute then in all the years saddam was dictator, and another plus we can trust him now, he only uses WMD's on his own people(more power to him) lets give him some weapons.... hell, this guy is the best solution for Iraq....

Dude, what the hell are you on about?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
turn him loose! He surely is no worse than the american prescence right? I mean he had no WMD's( I guess it takes alot of nerve gas to kill kurds) anyway I think he is trust worthy and is just what Iraq needs.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion

Dude, what the hell are you on about?

I'd remove that last word and ask the question again...

Seriously? Is this a serious question being posed, Rikimaru?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Now, I don't know what the hell Riki is on, but I think he's had too much of it! Besides, we should be focusing on the terrorists in the White House, not some ex-dictator that actually did good as for keeping people in line!

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Free saddam husein!.........Inside Every Specially Marked Box

[edit on 8-10-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
another prime example of not to mix the internet with drugs :shk:

i smell a troll

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If Saddam wasn’t a threat to the west before the Americans removed him from power, I’d be willing to bet he would be now. Seems to me the US attacked his nation on more than just a few occasions (justified or not), caused him to run scared from undisclosed location to undisclosed location for years, indirectly caused his people to suffer through sanctions, and just generally made his “job” and his life in general difficult. Knowing this, I’d be willing to bet Saddam would love to seek vengeance at this point, and get those terrible American “infidels.”

Clearly placing Hussein back in power is a really bad idea, and for many more reasons than I’ve just suggested. The United States has established what’s being called a democratic nation in the Middle East, has a new platform (Iraq) from which to launch attacks (via permanent US military bases) upon “enemies of freedom,” a secure oil resource, among other perks which have popped up as a result of the war. Another thing to consider is the backing Iraq would be likely to give and receive in reference to terrorist organizations. Last, but not least, America would look pretty bad in the eyes of the world if it just abandoned the people, placed a dictator in charge (as opposed to freeing them from oppression [liberating them]), and walked away as if nothing happened. To many it would seem as if the US is too weak to stand its ground and remove the insurgent threat as well as rebuild.

All in all, it would be a terrible idea. Saddam should be tried and if convicted, punished for his actions. Saddam should not however be rewarded for what he has allegedly done with being placed in charge of his very own nation. Maybe the US shouldn’t have attacked but even if that is the case it’s irrelevant at this point. They’re there, and they need to finish the job, not back out half-way through.

I’m not trying to be a jerk or anything, but it is my opinion that the concept of returning Saddam Husseins’ Presidency is entirely void of common rationality.

EDIT: Typo.

[edit on 10/8/2005 by SkyFox2]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Eeek deny trolls... please don't troll

On topic, Free Saddam Hussein?!?!? umm....

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Not a troll, me thinks, but someone speaking rhetorically. I think Rikimaru is being rather sarcastic, and pointing out how ridiculous (s)he thinks pulling out of Iraq right now without any foundation set up there is, especially considering this quote:

I mean he had no WMD's( I guess it takes alot of nerve gas to kill kurds) anyway I think he is trust worthy and is just what Iraq needs.

Does that sound like, especially with the statement in the parenthesis, someone who really believes Saddam is a good guy who should be given reign over Iraq? I believe this post intended to use humor to show the absurdity of a political opinion by taking the demands being made and adding Saddam to the mix. Apparently, the absurdity made it through, but folks missed the humor

That or I'm grasping for straws

Besides, I like these pictures for trolls:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   

hell americans kill more there in a single minute then in all the years saddam was dictator,

you sure about that...im sure american soldeirs just love killing inocent civilians. our soldiers will never execute civilians like you say here. they are to follow all LAWFUL orders...they can refuse to follow unlawful orders such as shooting civlians. where did you get this little "tidbit" from any ways?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Rikimaru, no offence but where do you come off.

so one you dont care for people who die (earthquake in pakistan)
and you want to free a murderer?!?!

gosh!!

AHHHHH

oni x x

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Some people believe that the world should be run the way they want it Oni. But on the other hand, if Saddam was still in power over in Iraq, you wouldn't have all the insurgents over there blowing up innocent civilians.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400
if Saddam was still in power over in Iraq, you wouldn't have all the insurgents over there blowing up innocent civilians.

Nope, because they wouldn't be insurgents, and they wouldn't have to blow up the innocent civilians. They'd still be employed by Saddam to just torture and kill the innocent civilians.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Not a troll, me thinks, but someone speaking rhetorically.

I’m thinking Rikimaru is either a troll or someone quite hateful if not racist or some variation thereof. In previous posts that individual has made posts which could be interpreted in an offensive manner, and which were likely conceived by racially or nationally arrogant concepts within that members mind. Of course I might be wrong, and I apologize if I am indeed incorrect, but before concluding the original post within this thread was typed with rhetorical fingers, one might consider Rikimarus’ previous posts within other threads. A good choice in this consideration would be the post he/she received a “warning” for. Below is a quote from a thread titled “TOP STORY: Strong Earthquake Rocks Pakistan.”

I will say this again....(clears throat) Why the hell should anyone in the west care about this? Anyone feel sorry for these people? I hope God the most merciful was merciful and let the epicenter be the terrorist stronghold...

My interpretation of Rikimarus’ comments in this thread is he/she doesn’t like Easterners, or Middle Easterners in this case, and feels Saddam is exactly what “those people” in Iraq deserve.

I could be wrong, and I feel really bad as maybe I am, but I also feel that members history gives reason to consider the notion that Rikimarus’ ideas and comments might be racially or nationally biased, or even cruel and unjust. If that’s the case, it would seem wrong standing idle while any person attacks and hates a race or nationality based solely on undue hate. Hatred itself is a terrible thing, but in this instance (if my suspicion is accurate) it’s even more so dreadful. It’s just appalling from every angle you look at it.

Again, if I’m incorrect I apologize, I really don’t wish to hurt a persons’ reputation, or make anyone look bad in any sense, but this just seems wrong. I really hope though that Rikimaru is just being misunderstood by myself and he/she isn’t trying to spread hate.

Sadness…

join