It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote djohnsto77 for ATSNN Councilor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
To quote Noam Chomsky;
In order for democracy to be "democratic," the media has to fulfill two functions:
  • The Media must report the news fairly, completely, and without bias.
  • The Media must function as a watchdog for the public against abuse of power.
How do you plan to make sure the ATSNN is kept at both of those levels? What are the challenges to keeping those functions alive and well on ATSNN?

How do you plan to get ATSNN out to a wider audiance? Do you wish to see ATSNN stick as it is now, with people reporting stories they see on Yahoo!, MSN, etc or move to ATSNN having its own journalism team? [Not just Op/Ed's] If the second what ideas do you have to help boost this effort?

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
People may place sources from non-traditional source (of course the run the risk of getting "NO:SOURCE") for those articles from any source.

For members who have a good, long site track on ATSNN, there is always the option of writinng ATNN Exlusives that dont' really require any mainstram source per se, just some data to corroboarate the story. Hoepfully we'll be able get more volunteers to author pieces liek this it the coming future.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Wow, sorry for the typos in that last post

Anyway, looks like voting has begun!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

All my supporters, please click on the above link! To everyone who supports my worthy opponents, isn't this the time to go on that one week vacation you've all been waiting for, right now?

J/K good luck to all! Whoever wins will be an asset to the site!

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I think there's only one more day to vote, so get out there and vote!

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
I think there's only one more day to vote, so get out there and vote!

*BUMP*

24:00 GMT on Tuesday November 15th.

... doh... it´s already that now... or is it? Are we now at 28 min past or is it 32 minutes left to go? Anyway... if the polling page for the ATS Fall 2005 Council Elections isn´t closed already it will be soon...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Amazing results from the election -- Mayet and I tied, so there'll be a runoff election.

To all my supporters, thank you and please make sure you stay with me in the runoff. To all of subz's supporters, I'd like to answer any questions you have of me in hopes to garner your vote. Let me know!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join