It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Strong Earthquake Rocks Pakistan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
My thoughts and prays to all those who have passed and the familys of the victims!

(Mod Edit-Please do not use insults)

[edit on 9-10-2005 by asala]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I wonder how long it will be before Imams and other Islamic scholars proclaim this to be an act of Allah as punishment to those countries for not being Islamic enough and for capitulating to the infidal west (especially Pakistan) Save the flames---it happened during the tsunami crisis.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I wonder how long it will be before Imams and other Islamic scholars proclaim this to be an act of Allah as punishment to those countries for not being Islamic enough and for capitulating to the infidal west (especially Pakistan) Save the flames---it happened during the tsunami crisis.

They'll have to wait in line while the Christians call it a sign of the second coming -- see Pat Robbertson; Hindu's announce it as a sign of the Kali Yuga age; Buddhists say it's simply Karma, and Jehova's start a mass migration to the holy land to give out flyers for conversation.

Honestly...

Luxifero

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Since Zarquawi claimed that hurricane Katrina was the wrath of allah on the US, I wonder what he thinks of this earthquake hitting pakistan? Or the one trhat hit Iran and killed thousands?

Seems god takes no sides, hes pissed at everyone. Nice guy. Makes me wanna bend the knee.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well; here it is as I suggested earlier: The first installment from the "you're being punished for not being Islamic enough" people:

Sroll about 3/4 of the way down

"Dawa's number two Makki was of the view that the earthquake was a punishment from Allah to his sinful people. "We have drifted away from the teachings of Islam and abandoned jihad. The people of Islamabad are corrupt to the bones. They are proud of their real estate property. God has taught them a lesson. We should open our eyes and seek Allah's forgiveness and come to the right path i.e. the path of jihad." He said."

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Freedom_for_sum]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Seems god takes no sides, hes pissed at everyone. Nice guy. Makes me wanna bend the knee.

Fear based institutionalized religon armed with hot headed zealots is a manipulation industry at best...apples to oranges.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
So THEY lost 30,000 and WE only lost a few thousand...
Phew... I guess that means god loves us more... good thing

NOT!!!

for all those that would like to attribute this quake to God (ANY GOD), then please point out the prophets that predicted it, and the horse it rode in on (the pale one) I saw neither...

no more blaming GOD, unless he signs his name in it OK?

Huge quakes have been rockin this world for far longer than there were people here to kill off... so bag the poo and shovel it elsewhere.

and as far as people NOT showing compassion (you know who)
THAT is the compassion that people will have for you and your causes now...
feeling lonely now?

these poor people... I am sure that many Mullahs will say this is due to Pakistan helping America... but they haven't... only the government has, and they seem to all be ok. The people who back the mullahs are the ones feeling the pain and loss... so that nullifies that argument...
natural tragedy... pure and simple...
now lets show those paks some charity and mercy to fellow men... and start some mutual respect for each others lives.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 03:19 PM
link   
In the USA a long time ago there was an earthquake on the ricter scale 7.8, it was in 1906 in California about a 101 years ago, it wiped out a WHOLE city to ground 0, this earthquake in Pakistan is a unit of one ricter scale less increadible it's taken more then 30.000 thousand inocent people, tragedy for the whole of Pakistan I was reading that thousands of childern in Pakistan will be orphan sad to see and hear that
the earthquake was only for a minute and it as wiped, vilages, destroyed sources of water and electricity, and killed and orphan'd tens of thousands, and made 4 million homeless.

But the response of a third world country like Pakistan is increadible it went to the effected areas in hours rather then days it has been continued working through the night and morning it has contributed to saving many thousands of lives and lowering the number casualties, hats of for them they have really shown that they will not seperate the name of a whole nation and unity, it was tragic to know that the same could'nt be done in New Orleans USA a whole week was taken to arive to the effected area and the canadians beat the government deployments to it as well, I am comparing the to nations because it the biggest casualties are in Kashmir a part of pakistan that is yet to be declared Pakistani terrortory, where extensive relife efford where taken to help the effected community, what I have been hearing that there were racial issues that caused New Orleans to be ignored. Does Black or White or any other shade effect the human or change the human with in us?

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A bit of good news.. 8 days after ....

Children pulled from quake rubble

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan (CNN) -- Eight days after a powerful earthquake shook South Asia, Pakistani soldiers recovered four children, including two babies -- one only seven-months old -- from the rubble of their remote home in hard-hit Balakot.

The bodies of their parents were also recovered in the mountain-top home on Sunday, army spokesman Maj. Gen. Shaukat Sultan told CNN.

The soldiers, on rescue and relief operations in the region, heard the children's voices and started digging through the toppled house.

On Saturday, authorities rescued a 10-year-old girl from a house in Pakistani-controlled Kashmir, which was also hard hit by a 7.6-magnitude earthquake that killed thousands and left millions homeless.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Just wanted to share this video with you guys. Taken from a security camera in an office building in Islamabad at the time the biggie hit.

www.thedivinesibyl.com...

Watch the plate glass panes... HOLY MOLY...

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You might check that link Val, don't think it's working...

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
TA,

Sorry about that. I fixed it.

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
K, thanks got it...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join