It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Poll: Bush Is Losing The Support Of His Core

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by GameSetMatch

Originally posted by resistance
I think the Republicans are going to be defeated en masse in the next election.

Hey we meet again..
Do you think this is being done on purpose so Hillery will have a landslide win if she runs in 08?

..and Bill Clinton in the UN in 08.

Im not say the race is rigged or any thing...

Do I think it's done on purpose? You mean do I think Bush is a front for the NWO, that he's the front man and doesn't really care what people care about him, if they like him or not, that he's in there to play the steretotype religious Nazi so when the Dems take over it will be hell to pay for the Christians? Yes. Actually I do think it's all done on purpose. And yes, I do think Hillary will be president and Billl will run the UN. And I think the NWO is just around he corner.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

...he's in there to play the steretotype religious Nazi so when the Dems take over it will be hell to pay for the Christians? Yes. Actually I do think it's all done on purpose. And yes, I do think Hillary will be president and Billl will run the UN. And I think the NWO is just around he corner.

You should study something called the political spectrum.

At the very far left is Anarchy.

Anarchy is defined as:

1. Absence of any form of political authority.
2. Political disorder and confusion.
3. Absence of any cohesive principle, such as a common standard or purpose.

At the very far right is Fascism.

Fascism is defined as:

1. (a.) A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
(b.)A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.
2.Oppressive, dictatorial control.

Just remember who's in favor of taking away freedoms (and establishing more wide ranging and stricter government control) in favor of "security"...

If there is going to be a dictatorial NWO it's going to come from the right side of the political spectrum, not the left.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Shaky -- I see you're as good at repeating your public school liberal propaganda as you are repeating what your calvinist pastor tells you about the nature of God. Did they ever teach you about what happened to the Russians after WWII when Stalin took over? Or Mao took over in China?

And unfortunately the shadow government cares neither for Democrat or Republican, communist or capitalist, it's all the same to them, just a way to get people fighting while they keep putting the noose tighter and tighter to final world control and the murder of most of the people on Planet Earth and microchipping and mind control of those remaining.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Shaky -- I see you're as good at repeating your public school liberal propaganda as you are repeating what your calvinist pastor tells you about the nature of God. Did they ever teach you about what happened to the Russians after WWII when Stalin took over? Or Mao took over in China?

The USSR and China are both not examples of true marxism.

True communism can be seen in communes, you know, the kind that Ghandi lived in for awhile?

And just because I have a certain ideology does not mean that I was brainwashed by "liberal propaganda" as you put it. If anything it's ironic that you should be accusing anyone else of being the victim of propaganda.

And don't assume that because my views could potentially coincide with Calvinism, that it's something I beleive and was taught by my "calvinist pastor". I practice Hinduism, a faith that doesn't condemn people of all other faiths who don't accept Krishna as their "lord and savior" to eternal torture in hell.

[edit on 8-10-2005 by ShakyaHeir]

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
If another Attack happens on American soil it will be widely seen as another failure on His administrations part. That's the feeling I get post-Katrina...

Indeed. With the amount of "Are we ready?" reports, articles and programs airing in the media on anything from an earthquake in San Francisco to a biological attack, the readiness of government agencies in a post-9/11 world is being scrutinized very closely. That's not good news for Bush - one the one hand, an attack on American soil could cause part of the population to rally behind him, but on the other hand it would generate very tough questions on the work that's been done after 9/11 to prevent just such a thing as another attack - and the Dept. of Homeland Security's reputation has already been bloodied by Katrina.

Originally posted by djohnsto77He could have picked a strong conservative judge with a clear conservative judicial voting record such as a Priscilla Owen or Janice Rogers Brown and really rallied the base around him for a big fight with the Dems, but this choice just leaves his supporters (including myself) scratching their heads.

Perhaps. However, in the aftermath of Katrina, the best thing he can do is really play his role as President of ALL the Americans, and not just President of the Republicans or conservatives. In the end, no matter how much of an agenda the leader of a democratic nation has, government always ends up happening in the center, not far left or far right.

Originally posted by resistanceI think the Republicans are going to be defeated en masse in the next election.

Probably not. They'll lose some seats in 2006, but I don't see the Dems regaining control of both houses. DeLay's done too much of a good job making sure the lobby groups in Washington are staffed by Republicans. So the GOP will have more finances than the Dems. However, that could change after 2006.

GameSetMatch and Resistance - Bill Clinton will never run the UN. There is a long-standing tradition that none out of the five permanent members of the Security Council get a Secretary General. It would make all the others freak too much - and in the light of the adoption by the U.S. of a more unilateral approach to international relations, any nomination of an American as Secretary General would be rejeted en masse.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Otis -- You said:

Perhaps. However, in the aftermath of Katrina, the best thing he can do is really play his role as President of ALL the Americans, and not just President of the Republicans or conservatives. In the end, no matter how much of an agenda the leader of a democratic nation has, government always ends up happening in the center, not far left or far right.

If he's going to be the president of ALL Americans it's time somebody did something for the babies. If we're going to have a country, we've got to stop killing the babies. This can't go on. If that Supreme Court gets stacked with a bunch of so-called "moderates" -- woe to this country. Kiss America goodbye forever.

But I don't expect Bush to do anything for the babies. He'll do about as much for them as he did for poor Terri Shiavo. He's a very evil man -- he and his brother Jeb and his father are all really evil.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:19 AM
link   

If that Supreme Court gets stacked with a bunch of so-called "moderates" -- woe to this country. Kiss America goodbye forever.

That fact I believe you meant it is the sad part. On behalf of the REAL silent MAJORITY, go extreme yourself.

If the moderates don't wake up and demand representation soon, then you can kiss America goodbye forever.

I realize the middle (as well as the left) isn't saying much on the Miers fiasco, but that's just textbook strategy. When your enemy is circled up in a firing squad, don't correct them. But surely even those that live to pose such resistance to democracy as do the current fundamentalist insurgency in the Republican Party mad Bush's nominee isn't radical enough are now recognizing themselves for what they are? Extremists. Yes important ones, since you're so easily duped time and again as the most pandered to wedge in America, but you're never going to be let out of the closet and introduced to America on a first name basis.

The reason you should be mad is not because Bush let you down, but the fact you just realized he's embarrassed by you. If you were even remotely right or "constitutional," he'd not only have marched down to Florida and fed that vegetable a ham sandwich on TV, but he'd tell you himself he wants to overturn Roe V Wade and nominate a "fighter" that wasn't ashamed to say he or she would on TV either.

All those "mainstream" outlets manufactured to prop up your radical ideas as if even on par with "moderate" America are just crutches to manipulate you, the debate and democracy itself. And they're largely successful on the issues that you don't actually care about but do go against the grain. Oil companies get to drill in ANWAR, because of "the babies" but you don't ever get to save them. I mean you are catching on it seems given just the posts in this thread, but the giant conspiracy out to stop you from taking over the world isn't the NWO my friend. It's called democracy. You're an extremist. While I sympathize with how you've been manipulated (and obviously hate Bush as much as you), I have to admire Bush for playing the wedges like a fiddle this long. And he still is as he quietly calls around the country in defense of his less than satisfying nominee encouraging Dobson and the other mullahs back up on their mosque rooftops with megaphones "Trust this President one more time my friends for he has promised me in private he will finally deliver us from Democracy!!!"

What don't you get yet? Everyone else sees it. And on some level, even the most radical of radical clerics must know he's a radical and NEVER going to win.

[edit on 9-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Then look at the poll I posted on the previous page.

Find "the babies" in the open-ended responses of Americans to the question: What is the most important problem facing America today.

But I don't expect Bush to do anything for the babies. He'll do about as much for them as he did for poor Terri Shiavo. He's a very evil man -- he and his brother Jeb and his father are all really evil.

You won't find it there, because that's not a mainstream concern. It's a manufactured hot button made to play you like a fiddle.

Look at the other demographic showing how many Americans actually "qualify" as Evangelicals (according to evangelicals). It's 5% of the population. Or as many people as think George Bush is the number #1 problem facing America right now.

I really can't overstate the radical right's irrelevance to America. Or the irony in the constant screaming they seem convinced they should run it.

The topic is Bush losing the support of his core. Well no wonder, when he's so obviously embarrased by you. Getting the idea yet?

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
This is nothing new.

The Republican Party has been embarrassed by the radical religious right since it's plan to co-opt it.

"Far right kooks are just like the nuts on the left; they're doorbell ringers and balloon blowers, but they turn out to vote. There is only one thing as bad as a far-right liberal, and that's a damn right-wing conservative." ~ Richard M. Nixon

But that's behind closed doors. TV and speeches directed at "far right kooks" tell a different story don't they?

The last honest Republican was Barry Goldwater.

"I don't have any respect for the Religious Right."
"Every good Christian should line up and kick Jerry Falwell's ass."
"A woman has a right to an abortion."
"The religious factions will go on imposing their will on others"

Ever since, the 40 year conspiracy led by Paul Weyrich was to figure out a way to use you "far right kooks" to the advantage of big business. Jesus has nothing to do with the Republican Party my friend. And has no intention of ever making you happy when you serve them so well frustrated.

It's actually more in the Democratic Party's best interests to take away your hot button than the Republican Party's when you think about it. Ban abortion, pass that ban on gay marriage, save all the Schiavos (did you notice how Republicans helped defeat that marriage amendment, just like they let Schiavo go and nominated Miers), then we have ourselves another 40 years of populist Democratic real majorities on real issues.

But the Democratic Party has their our own kooks to deal with now.

This is the conspiracy you're looking for. What you're going to do about it, I have no idea.

[edit on 9-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Republicans are stealing me and everyone else blind and some love them cause they are silly little minded twerps who need father figures to tell them they don't need what they need.

Talk about Propaganda! The Republicans have not delivered a better America and we are all poorer for that.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Rant -- You're full of it. Bush is no more religious right than you are. The only one who's embarassed George Bush is George Bush. The neocons are anything but Religious Right. Those of us who ARE in the religous right, like me, never liked Bush and wondered why some of the others in the religious right ever supported Bush. Hope dies hard in the human breast, and after 30 years it's about dead that any politician will ever lift a finger to help the babies being killed in the womb.

People like you certainly don't give a rip.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Rant -- You're full of it. Bush is no more religious right than you are.

That's exactly what I just said. Three times even. Thus the "embarrassment" the religious right continues to bring to the Republican Party. Though they do appreciate your vote!

Not "your" vote of course, as I understand now you're onto them. Still don't seem to quite get your place on the fringes of public opinion though do ya? Good luck with that.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:33 AM
link   
RANT -- Morality isn't judged by polls. If you think all that innocent blood that's spilled every year doesn't have something to do with our country going down the tubes, you are blind, really blind, and need to get out of the Lemming Parade. Maybe in Nazi Germany the polls said it was cool to gas the Jews too. Who cares about polls? If God hates the baby murder, doesn't matter if every single American citizen votes yes to abortion.

But the fact is, there's millions of Americans who care about the babies. Why else do you think a quarter million people come out in bitter cold every year for 30 years to march on Washington in January.

And if it's not their number one concern it's because they don't realize that it's the cause of all the other problems. A nation that doesn't care about it's own babies isn't going to care about much else.

And abortion is also blood sacrifice to the Destroyer (Satan), and don't think for a minute it's not boosting the power of the Destroyer.

And just because you refuse to admit this being exists doesn't keep it from being so.

The only hope our country has at this point is prayer. That's all. The Illuminati is so strong they could take over America tomorrow (what's left to take over.)

We are hanging by a thread, only inches away from a totalitarian tyranny that will be like no other the world has ever seen.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
resistance hum. . . by the way of your words you sound like a self righteous, pro-lifer fanatic.

Interesting. . . hate the bush administration because it could not bring the desire theocracy wanted by fundamentalist radicals like you.

So satan is the one to blame.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
A recent poll has shown that President Bush is losing support from the groups that propelled him to a second term. ...........................
.... Only 28 percent of those polled felt the nation was on the right track.

i would call that a process of seperating the 'wheat from the chaff'

the administration will address the voting issue when its appropriate.
'they' are on a mission ...beyond conservative or moderate, beyond
evangelical or just moral-majority Christianity...
Bush&Co, Regime, PNAC, are the 5% which destiny & providence has
brought together as the political arm of Dominionism.

just what? does GW Bush claim to know about Ms. Miers (SupremeCourtNominee) which He is privy to, that We are not?
...consider the idea of Dominionism & Armageddon Politic...
see, GW Bush, is not solely purposed to submit the 'most Judicial' nominee...
the Pres. wants to install a person that will help direct the nation & voters->in this case, towards the Dominionist goals...but be equally acceptable & competent as a Court Justice.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
What amazes me is that the religious right is starting to sound like the Bolsheviks before the October revolution. They were a minority - in fact, if Kerensky's government hadn't been in disarray, the Bolsheviks could never have stormed St. Petersburg and Moscow - but in their mind, they were right, they represented the future, and if the majority was not with them they were going to take power by force and "educate the masses". They called it the "dictatorship of the proletariat".

In this case, the religious right would very much like to have their agenda in power so an "education of the masses" can begin on what's "right" - creationism taught in school as science, the evil of homosexuality, the absolute evil of abortion not matter what the case... as in the Bolsheviks' case, this reaches two goals - as "education" transforms Americans into conservatives, the minority becomes the majority, and this validates the religious right's hold on power for a long time...

What the religious right fails to see is that the argument saying "Fifty-one percent of the population voted for Bush, so they're all with us and want an ultraconservative agenda put forth" does not hold. It is very doubtful that all of those Bush voters wanted an ultrareligious agenda enacted - some of them probably were moderates who thought Bush would do a better job protecting them than Kerry. Some were political conservatives who approved of Bush's actions abroad (for reasons I can't fathom) while being social progressives at home.

So it's inevitable that the religious right, having crowed that Bush's victory was the validation of their agenda, would be disappointed by the turn of events - and the discovery that other people who voted for Bush do not think like them.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Alas, but Bush can stay in office...if another 9/11 type event occurs right around election time in 2008.

And I'm guessing something will.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

If he's going to be the president of ALL Americans it's time somebody did something for the babies. If we're going to have a country, we've got to stop killing the babies.

I beleive the correct term is fetus, killing babies is a felony (unless they're collatoral damage in a war
), though I think everyone in this thread overlooked that because it's obvious there's no talking sense to you...

He'll do about as much for them as he did for poor Terri Shiavo. He's a very evil man....

Terri Shiavo's husband was the one who wanted her feeding tube removed, do you think you know better than he does? Do you think that he doesn't love her, and that he's also a very evil man? I think if anyone should have a say in this matter it's Micheal Shiavo. If anyone knows what she would have wanted in the case of being brain damaged to the point of going into a persistant vegetative state it's her husband. And if you're gonna try and say that she wasn't in a PVS, the autopsy clearly showed that this was the case.

You know, while the whole Terri Shiavo debacle was going on (which I beleive was brought to national attention by Fox News, just like the Natalie Holloway story, to divert attention from the horrible job Bush is doing) Micheal Shiavo, his family, and even the judge involved in the case were getting death threats from people exactly like you.

What a great way to show your superior morality, "if you don't do what we want, because we're against killing, then we'll kill you."

Here's an excerpt from Bill Maher's new rules that I think is very relavent to the discussion in this thread:

...And finally, New Rule: For Christ's sake, no more devil movies. "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" opened huge last week, and it surprised a lot of people, mostly because Owen Wilson wasn't in it. But exorcism, or as the Catholics call it, "elective surgery," is a popular theme nowadays because it reinforces the comforting notion that evil resides outside of us.

Well, I'm sorry, but it doesn't. And whenever I hear someone blame a bombing in Baghdad or a levee breaking in New Orleans on the forces of evil, it makes me so mad I just want to grab my pitchfork and stick it right through my cloven hoof!

Now, Americans have always loved devil movies: "The Exorcist," "The Omen," "Rosemary's Baby," "The Devil's Advocate." The list goes on forever because Americans love the devil. Why? Because he's simple and he provides a simple answer. He did it.

But evil is not a demon with a tail and horns. That's a Jew. And evil - evil isn't some spectral goblin with red eyes and the voice of Anthony Hopkins. That's Anthony Hopkins.

Is George Bush purely evil? Of course not. And that's what's so evil about him. He doesn't twirl a mustache and smirk and cackle. Well, he doesn't twirl a mustache. He's like the Peanuts character Pigpen. Wherever he goes, he stirs up such a humongous mess it can only be cleaned up by Halliburton. But he is not pure evil.

Because evil is a chain. Did any one person doom New Orleans? No, it's a chain. People vote for a corrupt leader; a corrupt leader puts unqualified cronies in high places, and when those cronies # up, evil gets done. The devil didn't fly up from hell and knock a hole in that levee. The levee just didn't get built because the money for it went to rich people's tax cuts and pork projects and corporate welfare.

Evil isn't "Salem's Lot." It's Trent Lott. This week, an ailing American bald eagle was found to be dying from mercury poisoning. Republicans immediately tried to blame it on the eagle's lifestyle choices. But it's worth noting that also this week, the White House threatened to veto limits on mercury pollution. Now, pure evil would be if George Bush sat around the White House saying, "Let's poison eagles!" And even I don't believe George Bush would do that.

Cheney would do that. And even he is not pure evil. Dick Cheney doesn't hate poor children and caribou. They're just in the way.

Bottom line: some people think Satan is real and some people think global warming is real. If you think stopping gays from doing it is more important than the ice caps melting, the boogeyman is you...

[edit on 9-10-2005 by ShakyaHeir]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Bush is beginning to show signs of mental illness.

The way he stood there shaking and looking back at daddy, mumbling and stammering, looking haggard at his oval office press conference with dad and Bill. He was going through a mental breakdown.

He just got off a month long vacation. There was no normal reason for that.

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm surprised of all groups that the evangelicals are upset with Bush. I would have thought the largest gripes would be coming from the "small government" conservatives rather than the social ones.

Either way, hopefully conservatives of every stripe will come to see that the Bush administration is not conservative, it is neoconservative, and the two ideologies are nothing alike. Essentially, neocons have hijacked this country from the hands of both the liberals and the conservatives.

-koji K.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join