It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best MS Operating System

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Thinking about technology...

What do you think is the best MS Operating System?

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I've used
-Windows 3.11
-Windows 95 1st version
-Windows 98
-Windows 98SE
-Windows ME
-Windows 2000
-Windows XP Home
-Windows XP Pro

I say XP Pro is the best.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I voted for XP, and it seems that so did all others.. at this point at least.
XP:s good.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The next major client version of Windows, code-named Longhorn, will be designed as a series of components that Microsoft can easily combine and tailor for different markets and computing hardware, according to company executives. Longhorn is expected to debut in 2005, and will be the successor to Windows XP. It is expected to include better graphics, a redesigned storage system and a new look and feel.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperspace
The next major client version of Windows, code-named Longhorn, will be designed as a series of components that Microsoft can easily combine and tailor for different markets and computing hardware, according to company executives. Longhorn is expected to debut in 2005, and will be the successor to Windows XP. It is expected to include better graphics, a redesigned storage system and a new look and feel.

I have the beta or alpha version of that, it really busts.. and itreally isnt anything special, XP with 1-5 new features.. and it bugs like hell.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I've used every version of Windows ever released and I have to say Windows 2000 and Windows XP PRO are the best.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
I've used every version of Windows ever released and I have to say Windows 2000 and Windows XP PRO are the best.

Yeah, Im using at this moment XP Pro, i would be using the 2k if it had same kind of file indexing features like XP.. (like showing the track numbers for songs..) as the 2k is more stable. XP has its problems even with all updates installed.. crashes, at least the explorer.. once a day..

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
No OS that Microsoft creates is "good", in my opinion.

I hate Microshaft, and Winblowz, with a passion.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The best operating system is the one you dont have to put any more money out for. ME, is the best for me LOL

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Have i said that i have "put money out"?

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
Have i said that i have "put money out"?

Who pays for Windows

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by Hyperspace]

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I dont know..

Btw, how much does windows xp cost in US? Here it costs 140e (150 $), and i think that is robbery..

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I dont know..

Btw, how much does windows xp cost in US? Here it costs 140e (150 $), and i think that is robbery..

About $99.99 for home upgrade, $199.99 for home full

About 189.99 for Pro upgrade, 279.99 for Pro full

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm very surprised that know one as voted for Windows 2000�Most of the time these discussions end up XP vs. 2000.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:18 AM
link   

XP has its problems even with all updates installed.. crashes, at least the explorer.. once a day..

Am a little surprised to hear this FULCRUM - I've been using XPHome since its launch and it's beaten every other OS I've ever used on stability - I can't remember the last time my PC crashed.
If you're having so many problems, I'd suggest looking at the problem further. A healthy installation of XP should not be giving you so much grief.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i prefer 2000 it seems more stable, my computers been on fer hmm like 3 months? still going fine
i dun like the flashiness of XP, and it was harsh on the warez ppl fer the whole month it took to crack hahaha

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
i prefer 2000 it seems more stable, my computers been on fer hmm like 3 months? still going fine
i dun like the flashiness of XP, and it was harsh on the warez ppl fer the whole month it took to crack hahaha

I'm not a big fan of the bubbly stuff in XP either, it just wastes resources - hence why my XP just uses the plain ol' task bar 'n menu's. Good enough.

I use 2000 Pro at work, and find it to be ok. I suffer from quite a lot of crashes but that's probably more the bespoke apps I'm running there than the OS.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the person who put ME . I used to have that system, it started out good but then towards the end of its life, 1year, it really started crashing, etc.

Now I got XP, everythings alot better

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
I feel sorry for the person who put ME . I used to have that system, it started out good but then towards the end of its life, 1year, it really started crashing, etc.

Now I got XP, everythings alot better

Bear in mind that it was generally recommended (not by MS) that you re-install your OS once every 6 to 8 months back in the days of 95/98/ME. You'd be surprised what a clean install will do!

XP seems to be able to go much longer without giving as many problems.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I totally hated Windows Me; I had way too many crashes. After I went to Window 2000 it improved significantly. Now I'm sold to Windows XP Pro!

[Edited on 12-9-2003 by Hyperspace]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join